Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Atlas of Rubi-Ka & Atlas of Shadowlands

Can try different mirror if you've only tried one location so far. Also, check that get the whole file, its about 72M in size.
    Mireiawen Rose, 215/30/70 neut fixer, setup RK2
    Mireiwen Rose, 220/27/62 neut MA trader/tradeskiller, setup RK2
    Miraiwen Rose, 220/30/70 neut SMG soldier, setup RK2
    Miraeawen Rose, 220/27/70 neut MP, setup RK2
    Mireiaieawen Rose, 220/30/69 neut tank, RK2
    +bunch of others in Rose family...

President of Neutral Warriors | Neutnet mod | Mireiawen.net

Got superior pewpew or nerfbat? But it looks ugly, or you are just plain bored with everyone going around with same? Bump for Weapon Remodeling and get your unique looks!

Main mirror MD5 is wrong, so I'll re-upload it. Use mirrors for the next hour

Edit: Re-uploaded now so it has correct MD5, it extracted fine here with 7zip, but might be 7zip uses crc to fix the file. Should be fine now.
    I've had some problems earlier with WinSCP doing stuff to the files when transferring, but I have turned on binary transfer for all files now.

thanks.. im downloading again to test (71.4MB), also downloaded 7zip to see if it helped.
    renamed the old zip and started extraction and appeared to be a problem with the .bin at 50/56% ish.

well hmm.. ill try redownloading 7zip says:
    1 Data error in 'AoSL_v0.8'. File is broken.

Redownloaded yet again.. this time main link.. seemed to work!
    finally!
    Last edited by Graharbos; Jun 29th, 2010 at 13:13:25.

It could be you have too much packetloss on your connection and it corrupts the file. Anyways, good you got it finally. The file on the server is atleast good now.

I am now working on enhancing graphics on AoSL. I have started with abyss since many of you struggle finding around down there.
    http://mariuseg.tihlde.org/xoops/uploads/photos/30.jpg
    What you think?

Quote Originally Posted by onack View Post
    I am now working on enhancing graphics on AoSL. I have started with abyss since many of you struggle finding around down there.
    http://mariuseg.tihlde.org/xoops/uploads/photos/30.jpg
    What you think?
    While the light blue and dark blue water looks nice, it would be helpful to have a higher contrast between the high and low areas (top of the cliffs/plateaus, deep valleys/tranches), and to have a special marker that marks the paths from the bottom of the cliffs to the top.

In some areas where the location of the landmarks is on the border of a plateau/trench it might be helpful to have some sort of indication on which level (plateaus or trenches) the landmark is on.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

Demoder already suggested a landmark for where slopes are and that got added after i took that screenshot. I need to think out some new icons to use when a landmark is not below, neither above, but in between, as on plateau would be. Now I only have icons for above or below.

I might try enhance edges some so it is more visible

http://mariuseg.tihlde.org/xoops/uploads/photos/31.png

Square icons for top plateau, arrow down for lower abyss, arrow up for stuff above water.
    Added slope for transition between bottom and plateau and bridges.

White outline of all edges from plateau to bottom

Would it be possible to add in Shark locations and maybe their patrol paths? Could be useful for people trying to run lowbies through to pen.

Otherwise I really like it. Especially the location of the slopes. Those are always the ones I have the hardest time finding.

PS. You might want to mark the two areas with the pothole eremites a different color. While they do lie very low, they are still accessed from the top part.

PPS: You are also missing a bridge in the NW corner, that leads to the surface portal near that omni outpost.
    Last edited by crude4gone; Jul 3rd, 2010 at 14:53:35.

Ooh. Very shiny.

I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by onack View Post
    Amazing stuff... VERY good
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Funcom should hire you as map designer.
    /Kehaan - lvl 220 Crat - Atrox/
    /Kehaax - lvl 150 Fixer - Atrox/
    /Kehtra - lvl 210 Trader - Atrox/
    /Kehelectric - lvl 165 NT - Atrox/
    /Kehxao - lvl 150 Doctor - Solitus!?/
    A proud advisor of Cerberus

quick question-I've extracted both files to my funcom games folder-does it automatically integrate with the game, or am I missing a step or 2?

Assuming you extracted to the correct subfolder ( [AO root folder]\cd_image\textures\PlanetMap ), then your next step is log a char in-game and open the Planet Map [P] and then click the [i] on the window upper-left corner and then choose [Select Map]. The new map should appear on the list of available maps. Select it and you are done.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcarde View Post
    quick question-I've extracted both files to my funcom games folder-does it automatically integrate with the game, or am I missing a step or 2?
    Go into http://aomaps.com
    Then check the left menu for FAQ
    There you have all the information you would need

If you still have problems, please post here.

Might be a bit to ask, but may also be helpful, is hard to tell.

Would it be possible to host a .torrent containing a "map pack" of AoSL and AoRK?

Because people still do play on dial-up, and every time a new version of your maps are released it can tend to be a pain re-download a 45mb and 72mb file.

Unless there is a way to patch maps, instead of re-downloading the entire file, if so how is this done, I've seemed to miss it

..also is there a AoLoX map? have heard word of it, but, can't seem to find a download - have checked AOmaps aswell.

Thank you
    SOMEBODY PUT SOMETHING IN MY DRINK!

Lilsneaky - 216 Opi Agent - Endgame Coming Soon!

Proud Squad Commander of Carpe Nox Noctis

Quote Originally Posted by BodomBeachTerror View Post
    Because people still do play on dial-up
    Wait wait wait hold on real quick...

Dial-up still exists?!

Not trying to be an ass/jerk/troll/w.e, I really didn't know dial-up was still around.

Amazing how you have the patience to handle it
    Atlantean
    ------------------
    Postmuerta - 210/10 Solitus Soldier

Kamaytayan - 220/17 Solitus Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by BodomBeachTerror View Post
    ..also is there a AoLoX map? have heard word of it, but, can't seem to find a download - have checked AOmaps aswell.
    AoLoX started as a separate map, but is now integrated into AoSL.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Demoder is working on a new map/gui patcher written in C# instead of php and its starting to look good. She is working on loads of other projects and this isnt the most prioritized one, but a new updater is coming. As tazalanche said, AoLX is in the top left corner of AoSL as it is a SL zone. I had a poll and the majority wanted me to integrate it into AoSL. I'm hoping to update the LoX PFs soon as their pfmaps plain sucks, which the map is based on.

I do not see the need of a torrent, use a download manager instead if you want to pause your downloads. All my mirrors are high-bandwidth servers which should not have a problem pushing out maps.

Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast