Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlas of Rubi-Ka & Atlas of Shadowlands

I doubt FC will object to us fixing the MapCoords file, but... Better safe than sorry, so I poked Silirrion to be sure.
    Still waiting for a reply, which shouldn't be any surprice since I sent the PM about 14 hours ago.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

That Nascense base map looks great so far. I'm looking forward to seeing the next iteration. I take it the Ms_Idoru SL map isn't going to complete? The last activity I saw on that was last June or so, so it looked like it was probably abandoned.

Since you asked for suggestion, here is one.

As we all know, SL has a lot of impassable barriers. Some obvious, like cliffs, others not so obvious or even invisible walls. Also, there are various paths you can follow to get up on cliffs, pass through broken land, even pass underneath.

It would be spectacular to be able to map out these paths and barriers - in their own layer, perhaps. Scheol or Adonis abyss are both a lot more fun once you know how to get there from here.
    Yes, we have no signature today!

Great work on 1.3 much appreciated

I can't personally think of much more to add to it, other than what might pop up in the future... everything I could want is on there

I was most happy to see that you'd started work on an SL map that has been seriously lacking in my world. Still using spheremap O.o
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by CarbonumCopy View Post
    That Nascense base map looks great so far. I'm looking forward to seeing the next iteration. I take it the Ms_Idoru SL map isn't going to complete? The last activity I saw on that was last June or so, so it looked like it was probably abandoned.

Since you asked for suggestion, here is one.

As we all know, SL has a lot of impassable barriers. Some obvious, like cliffs, others not so obvious or even invisible walls. Also, there are various paths you can follow to get up on cliffs, pass through broken land, even pass underneath.

It would be spectacular to be able to map out these paths and barriers - in their own layer, perhaps. Scheol or Adonis abyss are both a lot more fun once you know how to get there from here.
    Yes, my idea for the SL map is to draw where you can walk, just take a look at the preview i uploaded yesterday you see i mark where caves and passtroughs is.

Quote Originally Posted by CarbonumCopy View Post
    Ms_Idoru has had some technical issues with her computer(s).
    Hopefully, she will get around to release her map soon enough.
    No map is perfect, and I am sure both Onack and Ms_Idoru can learn from eachother.

Personaly, I hope that Onacks plans of multiple layers will be enough to keep the map from cluttering up to the border of being unreadable. And actualy, I think it will be enough.
    Last edited by Demoder; Jan 24th, 2008 at 04:42:21.
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

onack,

Sil and Co don't have any problems with us updating other XML files, with the caveat that our changes will cause the patcher to ignore the file (meaning we'll have to manually update it).

If you want some help updating the coords list, lemme know. I have some free time and could spend it helping to update it.

Handing over my current work on the XML to Ebag333, so that they can get started on something I haven't already started on.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Handing over my current work on the XML to Ebag333, so that they can get started on something I haven't already started on.
    Voice 1: [whispers]He's on to us![/whispers]
    Voice 2: Shut up!
    Voice 3: No!

Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Voice 1: [whispers]He's on to us![/whispers]
    Voice 2: Shut up!
    Voice 3: No!
    LOL...
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Actualy, I use "they" instead of "(s)he" when I am unsure.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Actualy, I use "they" instead of "(s)he" when I am unsure.
    I tend to avoid pronouns when that's the case
    歯ブラシ.........
    Chaotic Order *AP*.....
    Durtycalm - 060|05|14 - Crat .| Doctor - 56|16|220 - Durtyheals....
    Gaara - 110|11|28 - Meta .| Keeper - 58|20|220 - Tsuyoi....
    Durtysnipe - 076|08|21 - Agent |. Fixer - 60|18|213 - Durtymeep......

*pokes around* On topic please
    Wtb suggestions, hosters, people that can help with aosl and sutch things

Nice Job! Thanks for updating.
    Last edited by Kaitoujeanne; Jan 26th, 2008 at 00:06:56.
    Kamikaze "Kaitoujeanne" - 220/30/70 - Doctor
    .¸.•´☆ ¤º☆ ¸.•` ☆ ¤º☆.¸.•´☆ ¤º☆ ¸.•` ☆ ¤º☆.•`
    Ice "Shivaz" Crystal - Meta-Physicist
    .¸.•´☆ ¤º☆ ¸.•` ☆ ¤º☆.¸.•´☆ ¤º☆`.¸.•

Quote Originally Posted by onack View Post
    *pokes around* On topic please
    Wtb suggestions, hosters, people that can help with aosl and sutch things
    I'd love to help.... No suggestions tho, just willingness to help....

Thnx for support this good project!

Respect!
    The Clan Messiah statement
    You hit Nirvelle with nanobots for 7110365 points of radiation damage.
    Alternity: I never initiated a serious dialog

"... who are you, then?"
    "I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good" (c) Goethe

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^\| ||\____
    |.............Vodka-Vodka..........| ||','''|'''''''\____,
    |_______..... _________________| ||__|'__|_____||<
    '''''(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''**|(@)(@)******| (@)*

I have encountered a more or less serious problem when it comes to the loading of larger maps. Due to the size of shadowlands in height (orignal is almost 6000 pixels in height), my inzoomed version is close to 12000 pixels in height. Ill show you a image of what happens here:
    http://aosl.flw.nu/aosl/previews/load_glitch.png

You see it some on AoRK too, but its not as high as AoSL will be, this is very annoying that the map dont load outside the viewed area of PlanetMap window. As silirrion doesn't reply to any map questions any more, I hope some others in FC sees this and can hopefully make a quickfix to make loading of any map be outside the viewed area of PlanetMap window.

It seems that the PlanetMap intrepeter supports only up to 16bit colors. Atm i make maps in 32bit so it would be nice to be able to have the game support 32bit colors in PlanetMap too.

Quote Originally Posted by onack View Post
    I have met a more or less serious problem when it comes to the loading of larger maps. Due to the size of shadowlands in height (orignal is almost 6000 pixels in height), my inzoomed version is close to 12000 pixels in height. Ill show you a image of what happens here:
    http://aork.flw.nu/AoSL/load_glitch.png

You see it some on AoRK too, but its not as high as AoSL will be, this is very annoying that the map dont load outside the viewed area of PlanetMap window. As silirrion dont reply anymore to any map questions anymore, sadly enough. I hope some others in FC sees this and can hopefully make a quickfix to make loading of any map be outside the viewed area of PlanetMap window.
    Does closing and reopening the map window help?
    Think I've seen something similar happen with AoRK as you say, but closing/reopening usually helps iirc.

Just meant as a hint for a quick-fix... Having FC make it work correct would be a LOT better ofc...

Re-opening fixes current view. But if you move map down(scroll up) it shows the empty fields again until you reach the point where it loads the next 128 pixels. That point moves futher down the larger the map is, quite annoying.

Suggestion for AoRK:
    Rename the BotHacker village to "Bothackers" (or add "Bothackers" behind it), since that location is usually refered to as "Bothackers"? Or add that to the 4th layer...
    I'm talking about the second village from the South-West corner of Pleasant Meadows, south of the river.

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast