Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dragoncon 07 RSVP!

Dragoncon 07 RSVP!

Hi all,

We are pleased to confirm that we will once again have a big presence at the mega Dragoncon event (www.dragoncon.org). This is North America’s largest sci fi/fantasy convention and the event grows bigger each year. It takes place in Atlanta, Georgia from August 31st thru September 3. Tickets are $70 for the 4 day event that spans 3 hotels and includes a fantastic parade, parties that last well into the wee hours and a truly memorable experience. This is a show where you can “be whatever you want”. Costumes of all kinds are well appreciated and it’s a great place to meet friends from AO or the ever growing Conan community. To date , over 80 authors, stars and bands have confirmed attendance and the list will continue to grow. (the guest list is on the website) http://technorati.com/tag/dragoncon has some pics so you’ll know what to expect (GSP has some from last year too I believe!)

Funcom is pleased to participate in several of the convention gaming panels and we’ll have booths with a fan area, lots of prizes, a fan party and more.

We have confirmed that several Funcom reps will be attending including PR, Marketing, Community and Support. Grid Stream Productions will be performing at the event , Scott Allie of DarkHorse comics will be doing signings and we sincerely hope to see many from ARK, Anarchy Online, Conan fans and everyone who can possibly make it.

More information on our booths and panels will be forthcoming, but we wanted to post this reminder as hotels can be difficult to arrange and are sold out very early.

In order to help us prepare for the fan gatherings, it is extremely helpful if you can let us know if you will be attending this event. If you can make it, please drop us a line at pr@funcom.com with Dragoncon in the subject line.
    Last edited by Famine; Jun 8th, 2007 at 14:52:38.

Oh sweet- I'll be there.

I haven't had a vacation in probably 10 years... so I'm gonna treat myself- gonna stay at the Ritz-Carlton (just a few blocks from the "official" Dragoncon hotels).

PM or e-mail me if there's anything I can do to help out at the Funcom tables.
    Christine "Crisalys" Kochanski 220/30/70 Nanomage Nano-Technician

License Plates: 2007 / 2008 / 2009 / 2010 / 2011 / 2012 Plate Debate has ended!

Crisalys was born on Fri, Mar 29, 18:48:45, 2002, and as of November 6, 2011, 04:11 GMT,
    Crisalys has played 482 days 15 hours 48 minutes 36 seconds

There is DEFINITELY no letter "A" in the word DEFINITELY.
    What annoys you most at work?

Quote Originally Posted by crisalys View Post
    Oh sweet- I'll be there.

I haven't had a vacation in probably 10 years... so I'm gonna treat myself- gonna stay at the Ritz-Carlton (just a few blocks from the "official" Dragoncon hotels).

PM or e-mail me if there's anything I can do to help out at the Funcom tables.
    Maybe I'll tag along with ya Cris. Angelea will kill me, but I want a vacation damn it :P
    ...with a cane to the sky like none shall pass.

as i found out today that i won a badge courtesy of funcom i shall see you both there

i wont be able to stay for the full partying and such as my son is due to be born any day around there :P but i will drive the short trek from my home about 1.5 hrs away to check it out at least a couple days

so ill see ya at the fc booth

Wink

Woot I be there.. sadly I will be working at Dragon for a Director film agency BUT I promise to stop by funcoms booth *^_^* don't forget to drop by and see mine *^_^*

-=Jobe Whompa A Place Called Home!=-
    "What would you do if you knew you could do anything? As an NT you shall not ph33r what is to come but what you can acomplish."

Creator Of The Anarchy-Online Gatherings.
    *2005*[Borealis]*2006*[ICC Platform]*2007*[Baboons] *2008*[LushFields Resort]

I'll be there this year!

Bumpy!~

"What would you do if you knew you could do anything? As an NT you shall not ph33r what is to come but what you can acomplish."

so are you in fact bumpy or were you trying to get a Sticky thread to move?

Well some people auto watch new threads sticky or not if you bump them they get a notice. =) Example I got a notice you bumpy it we can getthis thread active. So anyways who all is comeing ?

Me... and what's this "oldest NT still active"? I got you beat by a year and a half!

See ya at Dragoncon!
    Christine "Crisalys" Kochanski 220/30/70 Nanomage Nano-Technician

License Plates: 2007 / 2008 / 2009 / 2010 / 2011 / 2012 Plate Debate has ended!

Crisalys was born on Fri, Mar 29, 18:48:45, 2002, and as of November 6, 2011, 04:11 GMT,
    Crisalys has played 482 days 15 hours 48 minutes 36 seconds

There is DEFINITELY no letter "A" in the word DEFINITELY.
    What annoys you most at work?

Talking

YAY! Your gonna be there! I didn't even know you still played =p I change my title But we are old fart's not many of us left that are "active" Anyways Yes I will be there shoot me a PM and I give you my email and table I will be at. I'm also going to bei n the parade weeeeeeeeee!

Anyways I hope more NT's are there.

I'm officially going I'm looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Kamikaze "Danibunkins" Advy
    Title Level: 7 AI Level: 19 Adventurer
    Proud General of Sentinels on Atlantean

Well today the company I have a table for drew straws and well GUESS who gets to hold the heavy banner at Dragoncon .. YAY ME!

Anyways yes I think this year will be awsome! BTW I will be there on behalf of Todd & Anne Mcaffrey Anne is one of the first female Sci Fi Book writers.

Well haven't desided if I'm going to be in my furry outfit. If I'm in my furry suit I promise to wear my AI T-shirt and look goofy for you all

Three days away ! Well it starts friday but us who work have to be there a day before. Anyways YAY!
    Hope to see many there. I can't wait.

DragonCon

Hi there , me and my family will be there.
    Our AO costumes are ready - hope you all enjoy them!

see you all at the party

1 more day my plane leaves tomorow

Here is short follow up on the Dragoncon 2007 – RSVP information:

Please be aware that all community members who did RSVP should of received an information packet. If you did not receive this packet and you did RSVP, then please send me a private message on the forums and we will get it sorted out.

Con Hours, Directions etc
    www.dragoncon.org

Booth Information
    we’re right inside the HILTON Ballroom, booths 100-105...will be difficult to miss. There is a GSP/Fan area at the booth.

Panels
    A full list of panels will be available at the convention. Note that the AO panel and 2 others from Funcom will be things to not miss! Funcom will also have a representation at several other panels.

Special Guests
    Scott Allie!
    Scott Allie from Darkhorse comics has graciously agreed to autograph at our gathering Friday night. (Location TBD in program guide but will be in a conf room in the Hilton), so if you have merchandise you’d like him to sign, please bring it along.

Attendees
    We have a large number of Funcom attendees, volunteers from ARK and fansites/guilds/alliances attending the event this year. Just to give a short list of known faces in relation to Age of Conan :

• GM Shaolin - CS manager along with many others from the AO staff.
    • Jorgen - Product Director for Funcom
    • Silirrion - Game Director for Anarchy-Online
    • Pharamond - Community Manager for Funcom
    • Terri - Product Manager for Funcom
    • GridStream Productions
    • CampusNerds
    • Crimson Alliance
    • Several from our beloved ARK
    • Many many more!

Contest, Costumes and Stuff!
    Yes there will be Stuff! There will be many opportunities for prizes this year! We are giving anything from virtual in game items to a customized AO laptop from IbuyPower!

Please remember that costumes at Dragoncon are not only allowed, they're ENCOURAGED!

Can you post a list of the relevant panels and events and their locations? Stuff seems to be channging and the 90-page DragonCon guide is a pain to decypher.

Party!

We are in ATLANTA !
    Drove 500 miles yesterday - mostly in the rain

I hope you guys are having a AO party like last year - it was a blast!

See you guys soon
    Last edited by Haizen; Aug 31st, 2007 at 10:47:18.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast