Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dragoncon 07 RSVP!

We waited on the tarmac in Boston for about two and a half hours. We finally took off from Boston 2 minutes after we were supposed to be landing in Atlanta.

I guess the airline was afraid the plane might shrink if it got a little moist... leave Boston on a 737, and arrive in Atlanta in a Cessna.

Oh well-- we're here, and that's what counts.
    Christine "Crisalys" Kochanski 220/30/70 Nanomage Nano-Technician

License Plates: 2007 / 2008 / 2009 / 2010 / 2011 / 2012 Plate Debate has ended!

Crisalys was born on Fri, Mar 29, 18:48:45, 2002, and as of November 6, 2011, 04:11 GMT,
    Crisalys has played 482 days 15 hours 48 minutes 36 seconds

There is DEFINITELY no letter "A" in the word DEFINITELY.
    What annoys you most at work?

It stinks that I have to work . . . aww well. Hope everyone has a blast! WTB pictures!
    Rootcommand Level 219/28 Omni Solitus Fixer
    Diosdemuerte Level 213/18 Omni Solitus Soldier
    Dicenslice Level 220/21 Omni Atrox Keeper

~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~

Quote Originally Posted by WaterBamsen View Post
    Well today the company I have a table for drew straws and well GUESS who gets to hold the heavy banner at Dragoncon .. YAY ME!

Anyways yes I think this year will be awsome! BTW I will be there on behalf of Todd & Anne Mcaffrey Anne is one of the first female Sci Fi Book writers.
    read all her dragonriders of pern novels. excellent series of books.

btw have fun you guy's wish i could go but gotta work. broke my arm 3 weeks ago and just got the cast off and got to catch up on crud i've fallen behind on :/
    Misslocomp 220/30/70 General of RKA UNITED
    and too many alts to list

Funcom gathering

well I have to say the Funcom meet was a let-down from last year - no quizes and no prizes for being in costume.

Bummer..

The AO or Conan/meet-n-greet session? At both everyone got scratch-off cards for prizes and the discussion was productive. The AoC session was a standing-room-only affair. The AO session gave us a look at the display podium for the upcoming hoverboards and jetbikes (It will be in the middle of Newland Lake).

Yay. I'll aim for it the next time I jump from Jobe platform.
    SmokeX 210/23 Neutral Opifex MA General of Spirit Walkers
    SmokeKillsU 81/3 Neutral Opifex Agent
    UraniumX 101/2 Neutral Nanomage NT
    BruteForceX 61 Neutral Opifex Fixer
    SmokingGunsX 43/2 Neutral Solitus Soldier
    SixOfNynex 42/2 Neutral Nanomage Engineer
    Jiroieyoshi 12/2 Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    EMHMarkX 32/2 Neutral Nanomage Doctor

Note to Funcom on doing free drawings: Next time first do 'runners up' for smaller prizes, then the big item last. I guess PR ppl are too paranoid about no one showing up for their demos so they post up huge items to win. With the main prize being a high-end laptop, naturally half the ppl at the convention would have put in drawing cards for it and would try to be present at 4 pm (as required in the drawing rules). They should maybe stick to AO/Conan realted goodies (like how about the big posters in their booths?) so that ppl coming actually have an interest in the game and are not just leeching to get a laptop. As it was, they drew for the laptop, and had not the winner been in the panel room, would have had to be shouting out down the hall and into the lobby to announce the winner. They then drew for (apparently spur of the moment) for a nice video card, after telling all the ppl who were there just for the drawing that the laptop was taken (so they left).

In any case, the crowd interested in 'Conan' was huge enough that they were forced to break the session into 2 45 minute sessions where they then didn't have the time to show all they wanted.

What!!??

So you are telling me that they said "the prize is won" then did another drawing that we did not know was happening, because the room was full they said we can leave as the only thing left was the showing of AoC beta...hmmm

Also the scratch-off cards all seem to give 30 day trails of AO...something I have no use of. One of my main reasons for coming to Dragon-con was AO related, and I'm sad to say it was dissapointing to walk away empty-handed.

At least SOE gave us T-Shirts...

I got a T-shirt....:P

raffle sequence was
    1) draw for laptop
    2) tell everyone prize was won
    3) ppl leave
    4) they decide to roll for a video card
    5) etc...

Also, they ended up apparently doing 3 45 minute sessions and still had to have the police deal with upset ppl who didn't get into a demo session

Thanks for the feedback, I will relay it to the correct peoples.

WOOT! DC 07 Is over was awsome to get a hug from Terri Perkins and everyone at funcom. I will never wash my hand again as I shook the hand of sill!!!!!!!

I also got to wave to dukenukeall an oldie NT
    And just allot of nice people to meet!!

Thanks funcom for al lthe prizes great times and fun stuff!

-=Jobe Whompa A Place Called Home!=-
    "What would you do if you knew you could do anything? As an NT you shall not ph33r what is to come but what you can acomplish."

Creator Of The Anarchy-Online Gatherings.
    *2005*[Borealis]*2006*[ICC Platform]*2007*[Baboons] *2008*[LushFields Resort]

WOOT! DC 07 Is over was awsome to get a hug from Terri Perkins and everyone at funcom. I will never wash my hand again as I shook the hand of sill!!!!!!!

so YOU are the one who started the Sil Fanclub?

OBSESSION!
    "Ignorance is bliss."
    Phat'est Trader on Rimor
    Phat = Pretty Hot and Tempting.
    Entrepreneur Grandmaster "Chacapo" Baiter - Forever Nerfed
    Also known as 'Poir'
    Clanners will be crushed!
    Omni-Tek shall prevail!
    One of the First Traders on Rimor To Have Nanobot Defense and Grand Theft Humidity

Geez, man-- nice of you to introduce yourself, hehe... you never even said hi!

(They asked me to set up my laptop to show what it was like in-game- so I showed them what a Tarasque raid was like on one of the big screens they had.)
    Christine "Crisalys" Kochanski 220/30/70 Nanomage Nano-Technician

License Plates: 2007 / 2008 / 2009 / 2010 / 2011 / 2012 Plate Debate has ended!

Crisalys was born on Fri, Mar 29, 18:48:45, 2002, and as of November 6, 2011, 04:11 GMT,
    Crisalys has played 482 days 15 hours 48 minutes 36 seconds

There is DEFINITELY no letter "A" in the word DEFINITELY.
    What annoys you most at work?

Someone put up pics and link me up
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

Get to know the real Healyhatman at Healy's MySpace! Leave a comment!
    See the Healy the Atheist at The Enlightenment of the Healy - my Atheist Blog.

Talking

Cryist ask Terryk and terri perk and everyone I looked ALL over I even came to the trackroom but I guess you went for a smoke ? *shrugs* I was the one pokeing Dani to do my NT Gathering this year lol

-=Jobe Whompa A Place Called Home!=-
    "What would you do if you knew you could do anything? As an NT you shall not ph33r what is to come but what you can acomplish."

Creator Of The Anarchy-Online Gatherings.
    *2005*[Borealis]*2006*[ICC Platform]*2007*[Baboons] *2008*[LushFields Resort]

Poking the Daniness is not nice, she's pregnant you know... sheesh.. some people..

And all I can say is..

I guess 'someone' had fun..

http://www.codysplace.com/gallery/d/8857-1/cimg0349.jpg

Amonette 220 Soldier Nyrec 220 Agent Mekon 220 Crat Mekamara 220 Engineer
    ────────────────────────────────────────────
    Dark Front (Because the sun shines outta my....)

That would be the illustrious and ever amusing Pharamond

And yes Water, with enough persuasion, I'll do another NT Gathering for you

Kamikaze "Danibunkins" Advy
    Title Level: 7 AI Level: 19 Adventurer
    Proud General of Sentinels on Atlantean

Is it too soon to RSVP for next year?
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

Quote Originally Posted by vallikat View Post
    Is it too soon to RSVP for next year?
    Hehe very much so but I'm sure as always we will make sure another thread like this is up before the con.

Going to go ahead and close this thread now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12