Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617

Thread: Letter from the Game Director

16 pages is way too much to read in a 15 minute online session.

Did they mention anyting about an "on-going effort to reduce bugs?" Maybe a voting system where players can vote for what they want fixed?

Or did they just talk about 'new content'?

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvanna View Post
    16 pages is way too much to read in a 15 minute online session.

Did they mention anyting about an "on-going effort to reduce bugs?" Maybe a voting system where players can vote for what they want fixed?

Or did they just talk about 'new content'?
    Have you even checked the notes since 17.1?....they HAVE been fixing bugs pretty much non-stop, but do you expect them to fix them all even in a year? for every old bug they squash a new one appears...its the nature of coding and MMO's.

FC will listen to suggestions and feedback. But a voting system will never happen in ANY MMO..it's like giving the keys to your car to someone you barely know.,. however if that same person told you "your left front tire needs some air" you probably would look into it right?

Ongoing free content will go side by side with new booster-pack paid content, pretty much. Part of new free content of course is fixes which everyone (froobs and paying customers need).
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Javawarrior View Post
    These all seem like very positive changes, though the booster pack idea i have my concerns about as long as its social items and small quests that dont add anything of any great power or importance as to unbalance the game for someone who doesnt want the pack i dont see the harm though i seriously hope in the future as unlikely as it may seem (though i feel these "mini expansions" may be a step in the direction) we dont see this turning into a "your only as Ub3r as your credit card limit" kind of game as in paying real money for all the better weapons and armour or even having an option to do so . But otherwise i think AO's only going too get better with age.

keep up the good work FC
    well shadowlands did ruin and unbalance everything that made anarchy online... well... Anarchy Online. After which the original ao concepts continue, but shadowlands still stands up tall continueing to steal away gameplay with pure heavy grinding creating a community that is purely immature and... WoW-like... there are still veterans and players that aren't such immature grinders... problem is, they're the minority... *sigh* I miss AO before shadowlands... before heavy grinding and hecklers...

on another note, I want that song in the hoverboard video :P

Quote Originally Posted by Linkari View Post
    ... info...
    I miss that feeling and AO too
    R.I.P Mafia1337. You were to young to be knocking on Heavens door.

Zolic
    Infizicator
    WillItSmash

I just realized something.. With the new server farm AND the graphic engine upgrade them might even be able to finish SL for real (aka put in SL towers O.o) The main reason against this so far has been the lag and the fact that nether the engine or the servers will be able to cope with the environment of SL and mass PvP at the same time but if they upgrade both.. Oh well theres a thread about SL towers someone in game suggestions.. time for a necro =P..

Oh right, and now that your done with the SL quests (Finally =P) you can always start working on making the game feel abit more alive by looking at each down and acutally make it possible to enter all the cool places (Personally i REALLY want to be able to enter the pussycat club in entertainment, the Lush Hills resort and "The Last Inn/Guinea pig center" in Nacense and Make it so that we actually enter the portal room from the concept art pics when we go to jobe threw the Staff Only portal room in Nacense and in Jobe (The 2 where you enter a building instead of walk past a portal..) And the strange freaky ToTW like buildings in the middle of Sheol.. Basically you could thingy for ages with just finishing content like that.. Oh and ain't it about time that the jobe researchers clean out and rebuild there city in Elly or at least build a new one?

Maby we will even be able to start reversing the effect that has been tearing apart the shadow lands one day and watch it slowly rebuild in to a new planet (aka new Playfields... real once not albatraum type PFs..).
    And shouldn' t OT be done with terraforming a few more areas on RK soon? -.^ Ok so 2 where added shortly after AI but they don´t have any mobs or anything, just beautiful (and they really are beautiful..) city areas..
    Last edited by Rktim; Jul 9th, 2007 at 14:16:08.
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Rktim View Post
    I just realized something.. With the new server farm AND the graphic engine upgrade them might even be able to finish SL for real (aka put in SL towers O.o) The main reason against this so far has been the lag and the fact that nether the engine or the servers will be able to cope with the environment of SL and mass PvP at the same time but if they upgrade both.. Oh well theres a thread about SL towers someone in game suggestions.. time for a necro =P..

Oh right, and now that your done with the SL quests (Finally =P) you can always start working on making the game feel abit more alive by looking at each down and acutally make it possible to enter all the cool places (Personally i REALLY want to be able to enter the pussycat club in entertainment, the Lush Hills resort and "The Last Inn/Guinea pig center" in Nacense and Make it so that we actually enter the portal room from the concept art pics when we go to jobe threw the Staff Only portal room in Nacense and in Jobe (The 2 where you enter a building instead of walk past a portal..) And the strange freaky ToTW like buildings in the middle of Sheol.. Basically you could thingy for ages with just finishing content like that.. Oh and ain't it about time that the jobe researchers clean out and rebuild there city in Elly or at least build a new one?

Maby we will even be able to start reversing the effect that has been tearing apart the shadow lands one day and watch it slowly rebuild in to a new planet (aka new Playfields... real once not albatraum type PFs..).
    And shouldn' t OT be done with terraforming a few more areas on RK soon? -.^ Ok so 2 where added shortly after AI but they don´t have any mobs or anything, just beautiful (and they really are beautiful..) city areas..
    Can't argue with any of that!

Good suggestions.
    Causes:
    Make the battlestation a reality for all levels!
    FC, we need Noob Island fixed!
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Amateur CoH Chest Detective
    Temporarily out of game due to XBL. I shall return.

KAES
    Breakdown: Achiever 53.33%, Explorer 46.67%, Killer 60.00%, Socializer 40.00%.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamdigger View Post
    Can't argue with any of that!

Good suggestions.
    Got way more where that came from.. They shuld just hire me already so we can see some cool stuff in the game and not only uber stuff =P

(Ok there doing a good job with the boards and the Jet bikes tho =) )

Oh right Sill.. For the.. Xan thingy.. Make certain its fun to do those PFs and not a grind considering they seem to mostly be RP fields.. RPrs ain't interested in grinding, we like to kill hard things once, preferably by our selves =P

Something that would be really cool would be if in one of those PFs we actually had to defend something against waves of bad guys instead of the same old "attack and kill everyone thats just standing there" scenario.. Maybe with a hidden surprise if you actually against all odds manage to press the attackers back to hell instead of just defending for 20min =P Kinda like alien raids but maybe a bit more castle siege..y.. and made spesifically for 1 team without them long breaks between the waves so we get a bit of non stop action ^.^

For example such a scenario would be that the redeemed are attacking one of the unredeemed outposts.. without help they wont make it but you can and must help them and fight side by side with them against your hated enemy.. Some of the Defending and attacking NPCs being unique characters with special ability's.. Etc etc etc.. would be cool, and huge.. and cool.. main difference between such a PF and a alien raid would be that you actually can have alot more attackers alot more often considering you got good NPCs helping (Xeno patrols suck and no one use them cause they steal axp... And there lame.. =P)

Another thing i miss is a message saying "blablabla has stopped attacking you."
    Last edited by Rktim; Jul 9th, 2007 at 19:14:21.
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Windkeeper View Post
    But a voting system will never happen in ANY MMO..
    Wrong. The new lead dev over at SWG has been holding votes before every cycle so far, and then implementing the content/fixes voted for by the players.

And amazingly enough, SWG is already turning around and even vets are returning to it, as well as alot of new players.

So, maybe next time, check.

Quote Originally Posted by WisebutCruel View Post
    Wrong. The new lead dev over at SWG has been holding votes before every cycle so far, and then implementing the content/fixes voted for by the players.

And amazingly enough, SWG is already turning around and even vets are returning to it, as well as alot of new players.

So, maybe next time, check.
    Ah, sorry last time I check SWG wasnt worth even looking at after it was hit by a death star size nerf.

Good for them, took a vote system to make them realize they ruined their own game, heh.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Windkeeper View Post
    Ah, sorry last time I check SWG wasnt worth even looking at after it was hit by a death star size nerf.

Good for them, took a vote system to make them realize they ruined their own game, heh.
    Ha, that's exactly why I'm not usually too critical of Funcom. Listening to GOOD ideas from the players is fantastic. Listening to EVERY idea from the players is moronic.

I think I speak for most regular posters when I say that I've made some good suggestions, and some I'd like to delete as well. What? Don't act like you've never been spawncamped at the BS and posted a "Make VP free from using Surgery Clinic" thread.
    Causes:
    Make the battlestation a reality for all levels!
    FC, we need Noob Island fixed!
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Amateur CoH Chest Detective
    Temporarily out of game due to XBL. I shall return.

KAES
    Breakdown: Achiever 53.33%, Explorer 46.67%, Killer 60.00%, Socializer 40.00%.

Finally!

Thank you. I love you.

Long live anarchy online!
    3305 Local - From the ground up!
    http://3305local.com

And one more thing:

Animated series? Wil we get to see them again? A couple of years ago you said they might come back if the economy got better. I miss a good way to drive the storyline forward, or atleast post some texts on the story-part of the AO-side where you tell us what is happening, I think the forum-version get alittle messy. They're good for the little side stories, but for the main lines I'm looking for something easier to keep track of.

An easy looking site that looke something like this for the story text:

http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...features/jobe/

And then you could add a forum link at the bottom for discussion.
    Last edited by zicos; Jul 22nd, 2007 at 21:16:59.

I've been complaining about this for a while.

The last storyline update in the launcher: Just over a year ago.

The last update to the timeline: Nearly two years ago.

It's even reached the point where a few days ago I hear a someone in neu. newbie OOC asking about the game's storyline, the players who answered back said the game never had any storyline...

Good that I'm not the onlyone who thinks this is a problem. I've tried my share of mmorpg's trough the years, and I keep comming back to AO because of the fantastic comunty with so many awsome players, and the amazing backstory wich in my opinion is one of the very best out there, alittle bit of everything, some bibilcal, some knigths of the round table, some Dune, some Star Wars all mixed together with todays happenings and discoveries and FC's own story and out comes something amazing, and how should I put it? "Mindstarting" puzzle of a story that leaves you crawing for answers.

But I miss a good way for the players to follow how the story evolves other then the, "oh look new uber mob let's kill it and get the loot" and stories mixed into a bunch of articles about leets and drunk people.

Look at the Pandemonium Backstory thread people want to know stuff, they don't just want another boss to kill.

I think I read somewhere that AO was supposed to have like a 4 or 6 year timeline but that got messed up due to the problems and the delays and I know you're spread thin between all the projects you have going, but could you please make the story more available? It really isn't that hard.

You've done good job on getting the story starting again with SL and AI, codos or whatever it's called on that, keep it up, but collect the storyline, storylines, storystrings and everything for us PLEASE!

"First though, a quick explanation of the new system that will support this. The back end system will allow players to purchase points that can be used on our billing pages to purchase these booster packs as well as various other items (like previous pre-order campaign rewards) and pay for account services like character transfers and name changes. "

Just wondered if character transfers and name changes were still being considered for future updates and if so, when?

I think a lot of people are expecting the "rendering engine" to make the game look like most modern games (eye candy).
    From my understanding, it will only improve the performance of the game- loading scenery, etc..

Am I safe to assume that with all the graphics settings maxed in-game & in my video card settings, that I won't see much difference?

It would be really nice to see all new textures & everything, but as others have said(may have just been 1 person), it isn't financially viable... or is it?

Currently the game makes hardly any use at all of the graphics processor on most modern graphics cards instead relying for the most part on your CPU. The biggest thing that will improve performance in the new engine is the fact that it will actually make use of your graphics card's processor and video ram. (This was at least how I understood what Silirron said.) Yes you will see an improvement as will almost everyone if I understood him correctly.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617