Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Letter from the Game Director

splendid idea, Sill. Just cant wait to hit the road on my new shiny bike. Also changing engine/servers is v.good idea, but IMO its impossible.
    In past AO got some graphic/engine boosts. Some like texture pack works, others, like memory tweak, dont.

Still, good luck!
    Sparth | 220/22/67 Soldja with Stick-gun new equip pic
    Podroznicy Rubi-Ka member www.anarchy-online.pl
    AO Soldier with heavy bolter: [1] [2] [3]

FC plx change look of our main gun: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=480582

Quote Originally Posted by Clamdigger View Post
    Hooray! All this sounds fantastic!

Really... all of it. Especially this part right here. What? I can't gloat? Screw it, I'm gloating anyway.

/gloat
    Gratz...
    Last edited by Mekh; Jun 27th, 2007 at 15:08:52.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Nyadach View Post
    I am assuming by upgrading the AO engine we won't be getting a move to the DreamWorld engine and the associated graphics upgrade of new textures and models would be beyond reason for AO?
    AO already uses the DreamWorld engine, AOC just uses a significantly improved version of it.
    Neophyte "Ruberaa" 5/0 - lolequip

Will you be able to fly in any of the new Vehicles? like a yalm, cuz i would love to finally be able to fly in the SL =P
    Gender 'Blackdog' Bender 220/26 Soldier
    Den 'Beskyddaren' Utvalde
    220/18 Keeper
    Kane 'Blacrat' Lives 218/15 Bureaucrat
    Bleeding 'Rofflewaffle' Screaming 180/13 Shade
    Den 'Tempelherren' Trofaste 165/19Fixer

My AO vids:
    Boom! Aimedshot!
    Still Online!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Will you be able to fly in any of the new Vehicles? like a yalm, cuz i would love to finally be able to fly in the SL =P
    I'm going to be hoverboarding all over SL! Wait 'till you see my inverted 900 off that first cliff in Scheol!

Then I'll be the first to jump over a line of 20 credit spammers in Borealis on my motorcycle! (plz bai ticketz!1!1) Vroom!
    Causes:
    Make the battlestation a reality for all levels!
    FC, we need Noob Island fixed!
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Amateur CoH Chest Detective
    Temporarily out of game due to XBL. I shall return.

KAES
    Breakdown: Achiever 53.33%, Explorer 46.67%, Killer 60.00%, Socializer 40.00%.

Ooooohhhh yes! *drools*
    A bullet may have your name on it, but a grenade is addressed To Whom it May Concern.

An odd sort of question re: new vehicles ie: Hoverboards and jetbikes, how are you planning on handling these? as actual items in inventory (NODROP ofc) or as summonables (rather like Mechs/turretts are handled)?

In relation to that you already stated that the content booster packs will be set flags on account and accessable by all characters, are you going to handle the vehicles the same way?
    Only through the exercise of free will can the soul grow; only through courage in the face of temptation and pain can the spirit soar.

Impressive Sil, really gotta hand it to you and the fellas for rampin it up.

A new GFX engine that utilises dx9 gear with backwards compatability would be ideal.

Gotta say, kudo's on this direction.

Hope im around to see it
    Posted by Seventh: Has something to do with the fact that RL speaking im 172 sm high and weight 96 kg, all of which come in muscle form (and guessing your reaction about forum pvp, yes i can log into webcam )

Said the pixels lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Clamdigger View Post
    Then I'll be the first to jump over a line of 20 credit spammers in Borealis on my motorcycle! (plz bai ticketz!1!1) Vroom!
    Clamdigger, have you left the forum long enough to take a look at the concept drawings of the jetbikes??
    Only through the exercise of free will can the soul grow; only through courage in the face of temptation and pain can the spirit soar.

...and as promised earlier, you can now download some movies of the boards and bikes in action: (right click and select 'save target as' to download)

Vehicle Movie

Board Variations
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

1) New servers? Great!

2) Graphic enginer update? Great!

3) New items for micro-purchase (compared to having to buy everything)? Great!

Yes, I mean that on #3. If they are items that can't be used by credit farmers to sell for real cash, even better. It will help stabilize the economy. But please be SURE of 2 things:

a) That RL credit->cash farmers can not take advantage of it

b) That the payments, while enough to make it worth FCs while, are small enough that it doesn't alienate players from the poorer real world economies.

If that's all done, this is some of the best news I've seen posted for AO since beta.

PS. Thank you for NOT making me pay for a hoverboard, I still have scars from those Back to the Future movies.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

I propose this then, for the sheer realistic humour...

Make signs in Rome that say "NO SKATING UNDER CORP LAWS"
    And then back it up with tons of graffiti in places that say "Sk8 or DIE"

That would be amusing.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

itd be great if i could play on my ati radeon card and not have to see stuff like this i can recreate that 99% of the time too, grid to lush hills, zone south, zone back to lush hills and right on the south end of the resort its like that. it even shows up on my pf map (can see in the screen shot)

i understand that arguement "well you pay for content with new expansions" but theres a flaw in that - when you buy an expansion you buy new *useful* content, if theres an expansion purely composed of social items like new vehicles and clothing thats already in game... whats the point? sil even said theres not going to be items in these booster packs that will enhance game play.
    Nuclear "Alkeline" Desolator
    220 tradeskill/pvm engi - rk2

Quote Originally Posted by Peregryn View Post
    Clamdigger, have you left the forum long enough to take a look at the concept drawings of the jetbikes??
    I saw the boards first, then when I clicked, there they were! As soon as I saw "new vehicles," my first reaction was "Hmmmph, cool snowboard. Way to ignore the motorcycle thread." Then I was wrong! Awesome.

The bikes look futuristic and are a great way to interpret motorcycles. The boards are awesome too. WTB both.

Saw both videos too... nice. It would be awesome to preview future content in much the same manner. I'd like to scope out the bikes in a little "here's all of it" video as well.
    Causes:
    Make the battlestation a reality for all levels!
    FC, we need Noob Island fixed!
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Amateur CoH Chest Detective
    Temporarily out of game due to XBL. I shall return.

KAES
    Breakdown: Achiever 53.33%, Explorer 46.67%, Killer 60.00%, Socializer 40.00%.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post

That would be amusing.
    Lol, seconded

Great news Silirrion Happy birthday Anarchy Online!
    /born Porter was born on Thu Jun 28 09:19:52 2001.
    I'm a Porter, Porters don't PVP.
    First Light

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post

That would be amusing.
    Haha fitting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oinonHHGFrQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEYlb_wEkYs

If you can't download the other videos for some reason.
    Neophyte "Ruberaa" 5/0 - lolequip

6 years... Can I believe I've been here for almost all that time?!

I wonder how many oldtimers like me are still here, but, for those who are here, I can say these news are probably the best we've heard since... well... since the beginning?!

Big thanks to you Sil, and to all the devs.

(And also thanks to all those unknown, anonymous FC's workers playing the mobs for all those years... getting killed all day long is depressing and we are with you guys... now -BANG- play dead again, thanks!)

Seriously now, I'll second Doctorhyde's remarks here
    If they are items that can't be used by credit farmers to sell for real cash, even better. It will help stabilize the economy. But please be SURE of 2 things:

a) That RL credit->cash farmers can not take advantage of it

b) That the payments, while enough to make it worth FCs while, are small enough that it doesn't alienate players from the poorer real world economies.
    This is EXTREMELY important.

Well /signing up for 6 more years...
    Last edited by Chrisax; Jun 27th, 2007 at 16:00:20.
    Chrisax
    MP 220, AL 30, Research 70, active, Born on Rimor
    In AO since 2001
    Founder and elected President of Athen Paladins
    www.athenpaladins.org
    Member of the Clerical Staff of the Council of Truth

Not to be Miss Bring-down or anything, but does this "optional expansion pack" stuff mean that instead of say, paying $30 for something like Lost Eden we end up paying $60 a year for bi-monthly upgrades?

Also, with this "Legacy of the Xan" thing - are these SL playfields? What will they add beyond that? And will they be like the almost unplayable, time-devouring mess that Albtraum is? New content is fine, and I'm willing to pay if it's good, but I'm not too jazzed about buying expansions to expansions I already bought.

Great news about the rendering engine - the game needs it. Are there any plans to make toons more customizable and cute, though? The character creation screen of WoW was the only part of that game I enjoyed when I got a chance to play it.
    Last edited by Berinda; Jun 27th, 2007 at 16:09:34.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast