Thread: Origins of races on rubi-ka

Origins of races on rubi-ka

can anyone enlighten me or point me in the right direction as to were i can find out about the origins of the the character races of RK .. its just a general interest really

anyway thankyou for any help in advance
    Freyadoom 212/16 MP Equipment

Please visit my City

Read Prophet Without Honour, by Ragnar Tornquist, for Solitus origin - you'll have a hard time finding a hard copy since it's out of print, but I think there's still a link on AO's homepage for an online copy.

Afaik, the other races were genetically engineered for specific use on rubi-ka.

I'm sure some other people know more, and there might be some hints buried in the timeline, but I believe atrox was engineered for notum mining, & nanomage was engineered to be the best at blending nanotech with notum. Iirc, nanomages need to live in a notum rich environment, so they can't survive outside of rubi-ka. Not sure about opi.
    Last edited by Vlain; Mar 21st, 2008 at 20:07:14.
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

Vlainstrike 220/30ma[S][Pics]; Jadeprakasha 220/12mp; Crashloop 167/23fx
    --------------------------------------------------
    Concept MA Attack: Attack of the Three Fates
    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
    ~Lewis Carroll

Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Solitus was descendent of normal humans (or such).

Atrox engineered to work the mines.

Nanomage engineered to be the new superbreed I guess, making use of notum and wizard hats.

Opifex engineered for uh...blue man group tribute bands.
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

opi engineered for reprocreatial means (aka making teh babiez )
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Copied from the Rubi-Ka Timeline:

Human DNA experiments begin. With ICC approval - as standard colonization practice - Omni-Tek begins to experiment with DNA sequencing on human foetuses to produce breeds that are better suited to Rubi-Kan conditions than the regular Homo Solitus.

Sep 26 28727
    The first Homo Atrox is born. This gene-modified human breed is designed specifically for work in the notum mines. Bred with incredible strength and stamina, the atrox make up most of the work force in the Notum mines. The atrox is androgynous, but is predominantly built using male genomes to ensure denser muscle tissue and higher stamina. This results in harder features and often facial hair. They are often viewed as dumb, and most colonists consider them lesser citizens. The atrox is incapable of reproduction and must be cultivated in tubes.

Dec 25 28766
    The Homo Opifex is born. This breed is more adaptable than the atrox, but lacking the atrox muscle density. Originally bred for subterfuge and espionage operations, the opifex struggle with a reputation as charlatans and thieves. They adapt nicely to everyday life on Rubi-Ka, and quickly become the most numerous breed on Rubi-Ka when not including the Solitus. The opifex is capable of reproduction..

May 02 28973
    The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka. This is the most xenomorphic breed on Rubi-Ka, uniquely specialized to enhance their ability at using nano programs. The sequencing often results in a hideous visage or need of cybernetic implants to function. Many view the Nanos as both cold and cruel, as well as somewhat inhuman. The nanomages are theoretically capable of reproduction but many are rendered sterile by the notum sequencing process.

heh, guess I remembered pretty well w/o looking it up on the timeline
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

Vlainstrike 220/30ma[S][Pics]; Jadeprakasha 220/12mp; Crashloop 167/23fx
    Concept MA Attack: Attack of the Three Fates
    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
    ~Lewis Carroll

I wrote a post that proved me to be a fool.

Hooray for editing.
    Last edited by egadsrk2; Mar 22nd, 2008 at 07:37:21.

thankyou one and all for all your input hehe even the humerous bits
    Freyadoom 212/16 MP Equipment

Please visit my City

Mom + Dad= AW MAH GAWD BABIES AND MUTATIONS DUE TO ANGRY SPERM MONKEYS.

What the guy above me said was right, read the story line thingy if your ever insanely bored, its quite good :P