Thread: Metaing's Improved Mind Quake

Metaing's Improved Mind Quake

And yet again more love from our old professional, Metaing. What will be coming up next for MP luvin'?

Metaing's Improved Mind Quake
    Code:
    <Item AOID="270355" Name="Metaing's Improved Mind Quake">
    <Description>Inflicts 1095-2254 points of energy-based damage. It also lowers all nano skills of the target by 150 points for a few seconds.</Description>

<Attribute Name="AttackDelay" Value="4.49" />
    <Attribute Name="RechargeDelay" Value="1.92" />
    <Attribute Name="AttackRange" Value="20" />
    <Attribute Name="NanoPoints" Value="500" />

<DefValue Name="NanoResist" Percent="100" />
    <AtkValue Name="MaterialCreation" Percent="52" />
    <AtkValue Name="PsychologicalModification" Percent="48" />

<Event Name="OnUse">
    <Function Name="Hit" Target="Target" TickCount="1" TickInterval="0">
    <Argument Value="Health" />
    <Argument Value="-1095" />
    <Argument Value="-2254" />
    <Argument Value="EnergyAC" />
    </Function>
    <Function Name="CastNano" Target="Target" TickCount="1" TickInterval="0">
    <Argument Value="270354" />
    </Function>
    <Function Name="TauntNPC" Target="Target" TickCount="1" TickInterval="0">
    <Argument Value="1491" />
    </Function>
    </Event>

<Action Name="ToUse">
    <Requirement Target="Self" Statistic="MaterialCreation" Operator="Greater Than" Value="1080" ChildOp="" />
    <Requirement Target="Self" Statistic="PsychologicalModification" Operator="Greater Than" Value="981" ChildOp="And" />
    <Requirement Target="Self" Statistic="Profession" Operator="Equal To" Value="Meta-Physicist" ChildOp="And" />
    </Action>
    </Item>
    And the debuff that comes with it:

Code:
    <Item AOID="270354" Name="Metaing's Improved Mind Quake">
    <Description>All of your nano skills have been lowered by 150 points for a few seconds.</Description>

<Attribute Name="Strain" Value="221" />
    <Attribute Name="School" Value="Combat" />
    <Attribute Name="TimeExist" Value="18" />

<DefValue Name="NanoResist" Percent="0" />
    <AtkValue Name="MaterialCreation" Percent="52" />
    <AtkValue Name="PsychologicalModification" Percent="48" />

<Event Name="OnUse">
    <Function Name="Modify" Target="Target" TickCount="1" TickInterval="0">
    <Argument Value="BiologicalMetamorphosis" />
    <Argument Value="-150" />
    </Function>
    <Argument Value="SensoryImprovement" />
    </Function>
    <Argument Value="PsychologicalModification" />
    </Function>
    <Argument Value="MaterialMetamorphosis" />
    </Function>
    <Argument Value="MaterialCreation" />
    </Function>
    <Argument Value="SpaceTime" />
    </Function>
    </Event>

<Action Name="ToUse">
    <Requirement Target="Self" Statistic="MaterialCreation" Operator="Greater Than" Value="1080" ChildOp="" />
    <Requirement Target="Self" Statistic="PsychologicalModification" Operator="Greater Than" Value="981" ChildOp="And" />
    <Requirement Target="Self" Statistic="Profession" Operator="Equal To" Value="Meta-Physicist" ChildOp="And" />
    </Action>
    </Item>

The requirements on the new nuke are significantly higher than the old Mind Quake, but we get quite a bit of loving from it. The taunt remains the same, which is nice for those who are quite used to the taunt on MQ, but the damage goes up a significant amount (1095 to 2254 VS 736 to 1515).

The attack time and recharge time are slightly increased, but they shouldn't change the over DPM that much. (4.49/1.92 VS 4.19/1.82).

The nanocost is also up slightly (from 377 to 500), but that shouldn't effect us that much (unless you're in a long battle where you're chain nuking, but even still you should have no trouble keeping up with Soothing Spirits).

Compared to Metaing's Improved Glacial Lance it's very similar as far as stats and reqs go (bit higher on everything of course) but as the damage is significantly higher there's no reason to use MIGL unless you don't want the taunt.

All in all a very nice nano.

Looks like a nice improvement 300 points more min damage, but over all the same nano just a little slower.

Now the big question Will it hit for more than just min (or slighly above min) damage?

Glacial lance I pretty much always hit for slighly more than min damage but never anywhere near max damage outside of a BY.

Improved Glacial Lance I've seen 1500 point hits in Inferno, many of my nukes are around 898 but at least it often jumps around the range even on the same mob.

Mind Quake has been pretty solidly barely above min damage, except on RK mobs and I only got 1498 when picking on QL 3 mobs when I was 218-219.

Lets hope whatever magic that Improved the glacial lance to keep it from doing min damage all the time, works for mind quake.

I still don't chain nuke, but the Improved series has got me using nuke more often in the last few months than all of last year combined.
    Sometimes, you just have to charge in with both hands blazing and hope they drop before you do.

I won't join your org, but I may join your cause...for a price

All must bow before receiving my blessings

woot it's about time.. look forward to getting this puppy
    Nanomage Meta-Physicist : Squad Commander [Famous Last Words] [RK2]
    Interested in applying? [Click Here]

Glacial Lance does cold damage, which stuff in inferno's weak to, but I've never understood how the whole nuke damage works out with AC's and whatnot so I'm not sure how that all calculates.

It would be nice to see 2 nukes that aren't limited to being min-damage nukes whenver you're doing things around inferno or higher.

I think I may wind up sticking with the GL nuke just for the higher landing rate...the ice nukes always have had a lower resist chance than the mind nuke line, but it is nice to have options.

Unless you're an NT with insane high MC (and very high AR vs Defensive check) you'll almost always hit for min.

As was mentioned prior, Inf mobs have a big cold hole in them. So I still see people using MIGL along with MIMQ (depending on the mob).

Personally, I always count on the nuke hitting for min, and take anything else I get as just a nice little bonus.

Unless you're an NT with insane high MC (and very high AR vs Defensive check) you'll almost always hit for min.
    haha nuke damage is not dependant on the attack skill (MC in the case) all NTs wish is was
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Yep, I got almost the same MC skill as some 220 NTs I know and still hit for min.

You're not getting the defensive check tho...top NT SL nukes have a 53% resist check...specifically Izgimmer's Ultimatum, so you'd have to have like (assuming min reqs for casting) about 3k+ nano resist to have more than a random hope of resisting.

Best nuke for landing for MPs would be actually the ice nuke line at 85% nano resist check, but still not enough to force the sort of insane check that NT deck nukes have.

100% for MIMQ shouldn't be too terribly bad tho, but probably not the nuke I'd use in pvp either, regardless of the nanoskill debuff. I can see some points where this nuke could be useful however (I'm thinking soloing and aggro juggling, specifically. I've generally thought of the mind nuke line as more of an aggro tool than a pure DD tool.) and more damage per nuke is more damage per nuke....and I do say it's well past time for new nukes for the MP prof.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    Glacial Lance does cold damage, which stuff in inferno's weak to, but I've never understood how the whole nuke damage works out with AC's and whatnot so I'm not sure how that all calculates.
    True but prior to the impvoed version of GL it was hard to get it to do more than min damage on anything with high AC's in or out of Inferno. The improved version of GL definitely spams the spectrum of damage more often than before....but probably little less than 50% will still be on the lower end toward min damage.
    Sometimes, you just have to charge in with both hands blazing and hope they drop before you do.

I won't join your org, but I may join your cause...for a price

All must bow before receiving my blessings

WTB Metaing pocket knife on my toons...
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).