Page 1 of 31 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Adventurer pistols

Adventurer pistols

I suppose I'm in the mood to have rotten tomatoes thrown in my direction, so I figured I'd copy a post I made to the advie forums over here, and start ducking.

Modifying our pistols (like anyone's going to go for this, but it's nice to think about.)

Two things that would help some: a way to modify the damage our pistols so the damage types match; an upgrade to the jepp to make it more pvp viable.

The Sacrificed Bracelet of Kay + Ancient Fire Generation Device + Ofab Peregrine Mk 6 = Fire Modified Ofab Peregrine Mk 6.

No changes other than changing the damage type to fire and probably prof-locking it to advie. (Makes sense anyway, since the Kay bracer is MA/Advie and it's not likely an MAs going to suddenly be using pistols.)

Lady of Lust OR Lord of Lust + Jobe Explorer Personal Pistol = Improved Jobe Explorer Personal Pistol

Up the MBS by 1000, change it to ql200, up the clip size to 15, and (not likely, but...) throw some kind of proc on it to occasionally drop the targets evades, to make it more likely to hit people in pvp. Probably modify the rest of the stats on it in line with the jspp to jepp jump maybe? That would probably slow down our FA recycle, which we probably only want to do if it will actually land more reliably.

The Sacrificed Bracelet of Kay + Ancient Fire Generation Device + Improved Jobe Explorer Personal Pistol = Fire Modified Improved Jobe Explorer Personal Pistol

Obvious reasons, so the damage types match.

I wouldn't kick hard about the modifiers on BOTH pistols being changed somehow so you can only wield them with another -pistol- and not with the mutant shotgun, so people don't fuss about us being able to use this with a -slightly- more reliable FA and the AS still. Those that still wanted to wield the Pere with the Onehander simply wouldn't fire-modify the pere. Could even tie that to the fire-modifing, and switch the order, so you have to fire-modify it before you Improve it.

That helps our jepp get a bit more useful, -maybe- gives us a chance to land the FA more reliably, and also gives us the option to either wear two fire damage bracers, or a fire bracer and the Ancient Combat Bracer, or if you think it'll help your burst/fa landing anyway, even the Ancient Combat with the Leo bracer.

I always like doing fire damage..."elemental" damages like fire and cold seem to suit advie, not modifying it to cold means Beckoning still doesn't boost the damage directly (people might fuss over it), but they would go back to fire without resetting the bracers or firing off an Ancient Fire device to fix it.

None of these are gigantic boosts to our offensive capability, I don't think, so not overpowering. They also would take a lot of work to get (beast pistol, two kay bracers, two fire devices). If people want to make it really nasty, I suppose they could make us combine both beast pistols with the jepp to upgrade it, but that would really be evil.

Theo
    If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats.

I've always seen advs as dealing fire damage. From a lowbie with SOLs, to kyr axes. The bracer of recondite flames and the sacrificed braclet of kay are useable by advs. Seems a fair bit of the toolkit is pointing to fire dmg.

Allowing advs to upgrade their pistols to fire, to match more with melee users, seems like a good thing to me. Moreso with the new 5 gems aruls; having to only use 1 arul for each type your damage suffers (ofab doing proj while jepp does energy) compared to melee advs who can use 2 aruls of the same type (either 2 ofab or 2 kyr, same dmg type)

On a non-adv side (even if these items are adv only) it would be nice to see more tradeskills avaliable.

So, bump from me.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Bump, I miss fire damage.
    210/18 Solitus Ranged Advy RUSTINEL * GARRZ Soldier Solitus 166/21
    145/18 Solitus Engineer DROIDAGE * AVYLORAN Keeper Solitus 161/14
    97/10 Solitus Metaphysicist MEHFIS * ZHERE Nanotech Nanomage 85/9
    Operator SCARCITY Fixer Opifex 49/5 Only TL2 Fixer solo title 7, all servers
    The Smuggler's Tale
    New Beginnings

Advisor of Shattered Dreams and Lumen Orien

Co-founder of Lumen Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Rustinel View Post
    Bump, I miss fire damage.
    Why don't you use it then?
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Sounds reasonable.
    But only using the Lord pistol, no one should be able to upgrade anything using the Lady version, and I dont think anyone currently can anyway.

Bump for more good suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    Allowing advs to upgrade their pistols to fire, to match more with melee users, seems like a good thing to me. Moreso with the new 5 gems aruls; having to only use 1 arul for each type your damage suffers (ofab doing proj while jepp does energy) compared to melee advs who can use 2 aruls of the same type (either 2 ofab or 2 kyr, same dmg type)
    Quite a few do use the bracers to make the damage type match, but then, of course, we're still short the ability to use one bracer. Which makes it harder to play around with various setups, too. It'd be nice to match the Ancient Combat bracer with an arul and see if that helps the FA much. Probably not.

Theo
    If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats.

bump, would be nice to see an improvement to some of the older weapons, which are still used today.. the perennium weapons got 'rebuilt', while the Jepp/jpgpp were ignored.
    Redadv 220/30
    Proud Member of The Renaissance

Quote Originally Posted by Redadv View Post
    bump, would be nice to see an improvement to some of the older weapons, which are still used today.. the perennium weapons got 'rebuilt', while the Jepp/jpgpp were ignored.
    Um yeah, but the JPGPP/KMP type 5 combo STILL od'ed the rebuilt per blaster...so maybe thats not such a good comparison

Quote Originally Posted by Gurudee View Post
    Um yeah, but the JPGPP/KMP type 5 combo STILL od'ed the rebuilt per blaster...so maybe thats not such a good comparison
    sol = adv? your math sux mang

edit: bump, was focused on Gurudee's comment
    Last edited by Rice; Aug 15th, 2007 at 08:51:07. Reason: didn't bump
    Gotrice: 220/25 opifex (retired, too unworthy of my CC)
    The Renaissance <3
    quitted.
    Playing WoW with the other young children.
    Sneakyrice on Frostmane (US)

bump for a very nice approach =)
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Advisor of Vox Populi

Does the lord and lady drop often enough for this to be viable?

I've never checked the droprate on it, actually.

Theo

Its a great idea though, I've been wanting to make a ranged advy from day 1 (actually my first character was a ranged advy, but it suffered from the first char screwup 1k swimming ftl) but I've been hesitating due to the bad reports I hear from end game ranged advies.

Funcom should definately look into making the ranged adv setup viable again, if the rumors are true.

Quote Originally Posted by megabrawlman View Post
    Its a great idea though, I've been wanting to make a ranged advy from day 1 (actually my first character was a ranged advy, but it suffered from the first char screwup 1k swimming ftl) but I've been hesitating due to the bad reports I hear from end game ranged advies.

Funcom should definately look into making the ranged adv setup viable again, if the rumors are true.
    Same..
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Nice idea, and I'll give it a bump.

Ranged adv aren't so overpowered that having to wear just one arul is nuts.
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course

Quote Originally Posted by Portulis View Post
    Nice idea, and I'll give it a bump.

Ranged adv aren't so overpowered that having to wear just one arul is nuts.
    Oh, yes they are.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Oh, yes they are.
    how are they overpowered? I hear mostly negative things about the setup

Quote Originally Posted by megabrawlman View Post
    how are they overpowered? I hear mostly negative things about the setup
    I think the general moan about ranged advies goes something like this...
    FA/Fling/Burst Weap setup
    Coon / Acrobat / DoF / Evades in general.
    Calms
    Heals
    Just missing charms, Dot's and ubt

Overpowered?
    Well, not the best at everything, but a decent smattering of everything.
    Long FA and heals recharge = "we are not overpowered" call

Did I miss anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Gurudee View Post
    I think the general moan about ranged advies goes something like this...
    FA/Fling/Burst Weap setup
    Coon / Acrobat / DoF / Evades in general.
    Calms
    Heals
    Just missing charms, Dot's and ubt

Overpowered?
    Well, not the best at everything, but a decent smattering of everything.
    Long FA and heals recharge = "we are not overpowered" call

Did I miss anything?
    Heheh, SSHHHH!

On topic I would like to see an upgrade for the JEPP drop from Allaappaa(aappapapppaaa). i will be 210 very shortly, lag allowing lol, and will be getting some VPs at last and will go with an OFAB but I still think its about time the JEPP had a little love.

Its tough being a ranged advy
    210/18 Solitus Ranged Advy RUSTINEL * GARRZ Soldier Solitus 166/21
    145/18 Solitus Engineer DROIDAGE * AVYLORAN Keeper Solitus 161/14
    97/10 Solitus Metaphysicist MEHFIS * ZHERE Nanotech Nanomage 85/9
    Operator SCARCITY Fixer Opifex 49/5 Only TL2 Fixer solo title 7, all servers
    The Smuggler's Tale
    New Beginnings

Advisor of Shattered Dreams and Lumen Orien

Co-founder of Lumen Orien

i'll bump this so long as onehander gets an upgrade process to energy damage =p

Page 1 of 31 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast