Thread: "No valid 3D device: The default device has been automatically selected...

"No valid 3D device: The default device has been automatically selected...

...3D device can be manually selected in the settings dialog."

This error message came up after I had logged in to my account and tried to load up my character.

Thought it might be the rendering problem so I did what it said on the rendering post and the client is still not working.

After I patched it said something about the UEA not working and that I might have to re-install the client.

Working fine for all my other games.

Downloading the client would be impossible at the moment as there is a problem with my ISP that makes my internet go at 3 KB/S rather than the normal DSL speeds. Has anyone had this problem and fixed it without having the re-download the game?

I had the same issue as you earlier.

Thumbing through Google, a suggestion of dropping in the Clean GUI files for this version just might alleviate your issue.
    I can now get AO to remember my settings for each thing, and actually start logging in. I just need to make my firewall behave now, and I'll be back in the game.

Too bad I had to buy a new laptop to discover this, though. But at least I'll be able to play this time, and play seriously.

Same issue as Solo...

I chose the appropriate graphics device, but the client still gave me the same error. No matter what I chose or how many times, still the same error.

Ok, finally, I figured that I guess I should just grin and bear it-dowload the client again and reinstall.

Guess what? I can't get the client...at least not one that works. www.anarchyonline.com has been down for days. Kinda pathetic really. Funcom is starting to look like a pretty shabby operation. I hope this is not the case.

Ok, so no website. I downloaded the client by ftp. Great, right? Nope. The dowloaded client wont install. I get a "Catastrophic error" about 75% of the way through. Uninstalled the oldd AO and everything. No go.

Ok, no website, no good ftp client. Try the torrents? Sure. Why not? Ho! No seeders! apparently the main seeders are funcom. I guess along with their website, the seeding address is gone too.

Well, funcom? What else can I try?

btw, my test server patches and runs ok. Weird, huh?
    Nanochicken

House of Black Star - Event Guardian
    Sexy Opifex