Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fixer guide by Fiix

additional info

this info will help out a lot of new guys when they finally grasp that they can overequip their smgs and armor by getting buffed into them. the oe patch was a few months ago, so probably the newer folks aren't familiar with the exact formula behind it. it's listed in this article:

http://community.anarchy-online.com/...articles/2540L

the summary of the formula is as follows:

OE = 100 - (Your Buffed Skill or Ability / Requirement in Same Skill) x 100. If this formula yields 20 or higher, your weapon is over-equipped.... All armour more than 20% over-equipped, will be reduced in protective ability by 25%.... All weapons more than 20% over-equipped will have DamageBonus, DamageMin and DamageMax reduced with 25%.... All armour, weapons or pets will regain their formal status once the requirements are met again....

so, n00bs, get those wrangles and riot controls (and tip!) and oe those smgs. but be conscious of where the oe line is drawn so that you won't need a constant wrangle to keep your gun up. and don't count on the suppressor line from a fixer friend to help you out, as they are self only.

good luck!

important edit:

The 25% reduction in efficiency on weapons and armour will happen for each step of 20% that you over-equip.
    Last edited by eahii; Nov 5th, 2002 at 17:05:55.

So, the discussion's been on the Sol, and MCS mostly. I've seen three mentions of the OT Kerans Automatic Grinner... I think it's really been underestimated.

Has anyone tried doing a damage comparision of the MCS and Kerans? Disease AC is hideous on most mobs and players, and while the MCS' duck-exp check is no doubt a good thing, chemical damage is not the best of attacks. I'd rather have chem than projectile/melee for sure, but it's only some amount better, not hands down excellent.

(In my book, you want the weird types: fire, cold, radiation, disease.)

Kes.

The MCS doesn't check vs DuckExp.
    I think you are thinking of the suppressor, but you need full auto to use that one.

The Sol Chironis is preferred before the Kerans beacuse of it's slightly higher damage potential.
    Then there is the question of poison AC vs energy AC.

Another thing in favour of the Kerans: with high burst skill burst recharges twice as fast as with the Sol Chironis.
    May your RD always kick in between death and reclaim.
    Honest Businessmen and women: The Mockers
    I eat Grid Armor nanos. *BURP* Hungry again!
    Power Users run Anarchy Online from Linux.

Little update for pvp-ers:

OT Kerans is a good gun but its not worth anything in pvp. All the other guns simply outdamage it. Sol cronosis was great before the crit nerf and the range init fix. Now with a TIM scope MCS and Manex are both 1/1 weapons.

There is 3 weapons I use in PvP:

Manex, MCS, Suppressor.

Manex is great weapon for high damage in a short time. Good for massive pvp battles were more then one person is shooting at the same guy and u need high damage in short time it takes to kill someone so you can get credit. Also good for killing towers.

On the other hand MCS will outdamage Manex over time. Even if the manex has a big burst, you will have 3 bursts with MCS while having 1 with Manex. So if you are in a 1-on-1 situation use a MCS. Another thing MCS is good at: If your target is running away and you can root them (out of nano/rage/resisting) MCS will prove great when u can stop for a sec fire a burst and contiunue pursuit. Expecially if you maxed in speed

Suppressor is used for full auto. Its an alpha strike weapon and fast to equip it easy to switch between suppressor and MCS. Manex is slow on equip time so i suggest not switching between these 2.
    Novice Ozzie Fiix Ozborn

Talking manex manex manex

woot lets hear it for tha manex.

Im a opi fixer and love my sol chironis and my manex woot.

im a lvl 66 and already i can burst for like 600-800 in pvp.
    hehe okay okay i am slighty twinked have been since around lvl 55 though but hey its still fun too use my manex. here is a good combo that i picked up from uber fixers make sure u use 2 guns one for its burst tha other for its rof. and gl too all u new fixers. :P

changes

Since the changes in NW and introduction of the Manex i took out the CHS cause Manex was a much better suited for a fixer and updated the guide.
    Novice Ozzie Fiix Ozborn

Also added some comments on Nano resistance since it was fixed and TIM scope since now is the popular item since the crits were halfed.
    Novice Ozzie Fiix Ozborn

Nice.. Sorta miss my ol Fixer now. To bad i gave it away

WUBBB!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the Fixer boards bro..go reroll your speed freak!
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

Cool Guide flaws

Lo Fiix,

I read your guide and I must say...in general its pretty ok.
    I have to say that your answer not to choose an Atrox is silly to say the least. Atrox may be dumb in your opinion..but as a Atrox-fixer u got alot more hp than any other fixer breed. Maybe u remember the Atrox Mp that people laughed at till a few of us proved they were superior breed for mp if u wanted a tanking mp that dies much slower than a regular non Atrox mp. Well...the same goes for a Atrox Fixer...the few times u get hit its easy to take the dmg since u got lot more hp and the Hots to back it up. Its much easier to blitz missions, survive in missions and woop ass in pvp. Try it for a change instead of having a tunnelvision of that either opifex or solitus is best choice for Fixers.

Atrox is the way...u know it...I know it...the dead Clanner/Mob realized it!

Arthur "Gridking" Pendragon - Atrox-Fixer
    Njessy 205 Omni Enf
    Mrsanta lvl 186 Omni Mp
    Gridking lvl 157 Omni Fixer
    Medwar lvl 152 Omni Doc
    Senatorlinda lvl 121 Omni Crat
    Lordofmordor lvl 149 Omni NT
    Frodobaggins lvl 46 Omni Adv
    etc..

Well maybe its your opinion and i respect that, but I did play an Atrox on the beta server just for the purpose of seeing who is superior.

First let me clear this stuff about what I put about atrox in this guide was before the changes to the breed. Back then it was really not superior at all.

Now, well maybe but HP in pvp is not everything. And there are som many different things like as an atrox you have to implant so much more then an Opifex to cast your nanos, while opifex can go easy with nano skills in implants.

I definetly would like to duel a 200 atrox fixer to see how it would turn out. Given Atrox may have slight edge in HP but that means he can cast less things with nano and casting a secondary HoT in pvp 1 or 2 more times might just do the difference.

In the end your skill as a pvper in the fixer class will count more then what beed you chose eather opi, solitus or atrox its in the end your skill that will give you the decisive edge. You need to know what your breed can and cant do and same time what the opponents breed can and cant do and use it at your advantage.
    Novice Ozzie Fiix Ozborn

Nice ty but its rooted
    Novice Ozzie Fiix Ozborn

Woot 10,800 views and counting. Well i guess ppl actually read this
    Novice Ozzie Fiix Ozborn

Heya

Heya,
    I took som time to read ur post again...and sadly ur are still sooooo wrong. That u played it in beta doesnt meen anything m8.
    Yes, playing Atrox fixer in the begining is hard due to int and yes...serious implanting is needed to cast the same buffs as an opi. But u are wrong about how it is in the higher lvls m8.
    Everything in the fixer nanos (The most important buffs) are all lvl capped..and that meens? Well..that simply meens that yes..I can cast the same buffs as a fixer in my own lvl. Wow..u never thought of that possibility?
    Now, u can say that due to u haveing higher Agi (that u can evade more)..thats true..but when it comes to GA a tiny bit higher evade makes 0 diff between the breeds. Play an Atrox above lvl 50 m8 and ull see, or maybe u only reached lvl 10.
    Now..and Atrox fixer has str and sta as greens skills. Check smg base ability reqs..and WOW...Atrox really has an advantage there..since Str and sta are reqs that build up how high u can get in smg! (and burst too). Add the fact that hp DOES play a huge diff both in pvp and pvm..that meens that a lvl 200 Atrox Fixer IS superior to any breed that is a fixer. More hp simply meens that when the odd thing happens that someone or something actually gets through the GA I can stand ground much longer than u do (with evac that doesnt matter however..but staying in pvp and dying in pvp if neccesary is about honor..and running of is not).

My final point is this...Ive played Atrox Fixer..u havent..ur sole experience seems to come from Beta..and thats no experience at all m8..since alot has changed since then (evades to name one).
    Its great that ur a fixer...but that does NOT meen u know about the other breeds unless u tried one. I havent tried opi fixer..but Ive got friends that have..and yes..we are exactly as twinked u can make a fixer. MoK and you DONT know everything about the game..so stop acting like it. Remember that other people have played this game as long as u have..maybe even longer.
    Respect what other people know from first hand experience before u sign it off as untrue simply since u havent tried it.

What are u going to do next..lecture people of how to make a trader? a doc? nt? crat? lol..get real pal!
    Njessy 205 Omni Enf
    Mrsanta lvl 186 Omni Mp
    Gridking lvl 157 Omni Fixer
    Medwar lvl 152 Omni Doc
    Senatorlinda lvl 121 Omni Crat
    Lordofmordor lvl 149 Omni NT
    Frodobaggins lvl 46 Omni Adv
    etc..

I've played Soli, Opi, and Trox Fixers. All of them are strong..the Troxes aren't hurt by blue int THAT bad, more really that their nano pool is low, making casting HoTs a bit rough.

I think the only breed that has serious problems as a Fixer is nano..and I know a few of those that do well also. I'm half-tempted to roll one just to see.
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

Question Re: Heya

Originally posted by Medwar

What are u going to do next..lecture people of how to make a trader? a doc? nt? crat? lol..get real pal!
    Hey pal i didnt make this guide to impress you or anyone else just to help some friends in guild since they never played a fixer and needed advice on what skills to raise. Then i posted it here if other fixers wonna use it.

If ppl wonna play atrox they will play atrox and they not gonna listen to me and personaly i dont care i think atrox is as much valuable breed for fixers as is solitus or opifex. Plus this was writen even before atrox got 1 extra point of hp for their body dev.

In the end i think you have a grunch agains MoK and your issues go way beyond this guide, I dunno what they are and honestly i dont wonna know. Just because I try to help with the guide does not mean I try to impose my will on anyone. I didnt see any other fixer guide in a long time and thats why i posted my here.

So if you cant be constructive in a nice way except screaming, yelling and accusing me of pretending to know everything you should not post.
    Novice Ozzie Fiix Ozborn

Re: Heya

Heya,
    I took som time to read ur post again...and sadly ur are still sooooo wrong. That u played it in beta doesnt meen anything m8.
    Yes, playing Atrox fixer in the begining is hard due to int and yes...serious implanting is needed to cast the same buffs as an opi. But u are wrong about how it is in the higher lvls m8.
    Everything in the fixer nanos (The most important buffs) are all lvl capped..and that meens? Well..that simply meens that yes..I can cast the same buffs as a fixer in my own lvl. Wow..u never thought of that possibility?
    Now, u can say that due to u haveing higher Agi (that u can evade more)..thats true..but when it comes to GA a tiny bit higher evade makes 0 diff between the breeds. Play an Atrox above lvl 50 m8 and ull see, or maybe u only reached lvl 10.
    Now..and Atrox fixer has str and sta as greens skills. Check smg base ability reqs..and WOW...Atrox really has an advantage there..since Str and sta are reqs that build up how high u can get in smg! (and burst too). Add the fact that hp DOES play a huge diff both in pvp and pvm..that meens that a lvl 200 Atrox Fixer IS superior to any breed that is a fixer. More hp simply meens that when the odd thing happens that someone or something actually gets through the GA I can stand ground much longer than u do (with evac that doesnt matter however..but staying in pvp and dying in pvp if neccesary is about honor..and running of is not).

My final point is this...Ive played Atrox Fixer..u havent..ur sole experience seems to come from Beta..and thats no experience at all m8..since alot has changed since then (evades to name one).
    Its great that ur a fixer...but that does NOT meen u know about the other breeds unless u tried one. I havent tried opi fixer..but Ive got friends that have..and yes..we are exactly as twinked u can make a fixer. MoK and you DONT know everything about the game..so stop acting like it. Remember that other people have played this game as long as u have..maybe even longer.
    Respect what other people know from first hand experience before u sign it off as untrue simply since u havent tried it.

What crawled up your ass and died?
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Re: Heya

Heya,

rofl

Good reading

You had a good thing going here Fiix and everyone else who posted with additional info ... up until the bickering. Part of the problem with forums is the inability of people to realize that their opinion isnt the only right one.

I am not flaming anyone here ... just pointing out that we as players have a voice here and it would be a shame to ruin such a great thread with infighting amongst ourselves.

Again great work Fiix
    "Give me a place where I may stand and I will move the Earth."
    Archimides

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast