Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fixer guide by Fiix

Re: Heya

Originally posted by Medwar
    Heya,
    I took som time to read ur post again...and sadly ur are still sooooo wrong. That u played it in beta doesnt meen anything m8.
    Yes, playing Atrox fixer in the begining is hard due to int and yes...serious implanting is needed to cast the same buffs as an opi. But u are wrong about how it is in the higher lvls m8.
    Everything in the fixer nanos (The most important buffs) are all lvl capped..and that meens? Well..that simply meens that yes..I can cast the same buffs as a fixer in my own lvl. Wow..u never thought of that possibility?
    Now, u can say that due to u haveing higher Agi (that u can evade more)..thats true..but when it comes to GA a tiny bit higher evade makes 0 diff between the breeds. Play an Atrox above lvl 50 m8 and ull see, or maybe u only reached lvl 10.
    Now..and Atrox fixer has str and sta as greens skills. Check smg base ability reqs..and WOW...Atrox really has an advantage there..since Str and sta are reqs that build up how high u can get in smg! (and burst too). Add the fact that hp DOES play a huge diff both in pvp and pvm..that meens that a lvl 200 Atrox Fixer IS superior to any breed that is a fixer. More hp simply meens that when the odd thing happens that someone or something actually gets through the GA I can stand ground much longer than u do (with evac that doesnt matter however..but staying in pvp and dying in pvp if neccesary is about honor..and running of is not).

My final point is this...Ive played Atrox Fixer..u havent..ur sole experience seems to come from Beta..and thats no experience at all m8..since alot has changed since then (evades to name one).
    Its great that ur a fixer...but that does NOT meen u know about the other breeds unless u tried one. I havent tried opi fixer..but Ive got friends that have..and yes..we are exactly as twinked u can make a fixer. MoK and you DONT know everything about the game..so stop acting like it. Remember that other people have played this game as long as u have..maybe even longer.
    Respect what other people know from first hand experience before u sign it off as untrue simply since u havent tried it.

What are u going to do next..lecture people of how to make a trader? a doc? nt? crat? lol..get real pal!
    Another fine example of why people ask. "Why don't people ever help out others?" Cause if you do help, this is the result you get. Some ingrate always have to be rude and think they know everything. Maybe Fiix is right, Maybe the ingrate is right. But this thread was originally made to help people who has no idea how to make a fixer so all the advice they can get are valuable to them. I do agree Atrox is a good breedto picka s a fixer just cause they do have nice HP bonus. But the fact is that Fixer weren't meant to have all the Hp in the world. They were made to evade/dodge/duck/not get hit. I think Opifex is best for fixer since the extra agi and sense in the end raise the evades a few point more. That's my personal opinion. But aside from that. If you don't like other people's opinion, you reply in a more appropriate manner. Btw, nice guide Fiix!

Re: Heya

Originally posted by Medwar
    Heya,
    I took som time to read ur post again...and sadly ur are still sooooo wrong. That u played it in beta doesnt meen anything m8.
    Yes, playing Atrox fixer in the begining is hard due to int and yes...serious implanting is needed to cast the same buffs as an opi. But u are wrong about how it is in the higher lvls m8.
    Everything in the fixer nanos (The most important buffs) are all lvl capped..and that meens? Well..that simply meens that yes..I can cast the same buffs as a fixer in my own lvl. Wow..u never thought of that possibility?
    Now, u can say that due to u haveing higher Agi (that u can evade more)..thats true..but when it comes to GA a tiny bit higher evade makes 0 diff between the breeds. Play an Atrox above lvl 50 m8 and ull see, or maybe u only reached lvl 10.
    Now..and Atrox fixer has str and sta as greens skills. Check smg base ability reqs..and WOW...Atrox really has an advantage there..since Str and sta are reqs that build up how high u can get in smg! (and burst too). Add the fact that hp DOES play a huge diff both in pvp and pvm..that meens that a lvl 200 Atrox Fixer IS superior to any breed that is a fixer. More hp simply meens that when the odd thing happens that someone or something actually gets through the GA I can stand ground much longer than u do (with evac that doesnt matter however..but staying in pvp and dying in pvp if neccesary is about honor..and running of is not).

My final point is this...Ive played Atrox Fixer..u havent..ur sole experience seems to come from Beta..and thats no experience at all m8..since alot has changed since then (evades to name one).
    Its great that ur a fixer...but that does NOT meen u know about the other breeds unless u tried one. I havent tried opi fixer..but Ive got friends that have..and yes..we are exactly as twinked u can make a fixer. MoK and you DONT know everything about the game..so stop acting like it. Remember that other people have played this game as long as u have..maybe even longer.
    Respect what other people know from first hand experience before u sign it off as untrue simply since u havent tried it.

What are u going to do next..lecture people of how to make a trader? a doc? nt? crat? lol..get real pal!
    Get a life. He's just trying to help people with what he can.

Step off, go bug people in doc forums.
    Argulace
    President
    Total Aggression Gaming
    Mercenaries of Kai (TAG)
    Chapter I. LAYING PLANS "All warfare is based on deception."

Heya Arg

Heya Arg,

Get a life yourself and some int-buffs too perhaps. If u had read my earlier posts on this thread I said that the guide was good in general..but that he was mistaken about the Atrox part.
    He said that he wrote this awhile ago so theres the answer.
    Case closed...
    If u feel like writing something..write something productive
    Njessy 205 Omni Enf
    Mrsanta lvl 186 Omni Mp
    Gridking lvl 157 Omni Fixer
    Medwar lvl 152 Omni Doc
    Senatorlinda lvl 121 Omni Crat
    Lordofmordor lvl 149 Omni NT
    Frodobaggins lvl 46 Omni Adv
    etc..

ok... Productive.

Its absolutely amazing to me how presumptious people are.

First off, Grid Armor didn't exist in Beta, nor did CHS and neither did MCS so how could he possibly be speaking of the first beta of Anarchy Online?

No, in fact he is talking about the Notum Wars beta where he played a level 150 Atrox Fixer with MKIII Grid Armor, then played a lvl 200 Atrox Fixer with MKIV Grid Armor (and 200 cyborg armor) for a period of about 2 months total. He of course had just about every piece of equipment in the game available to him, as did I while I was playing NW beta.

As far as the atrox breed goes for being fixers, they are good for everything that does not involve nano or the use of nano skills.

Bad:
    1. Easy to OE on Grid Armor (look at this from a pvp aspect)
    2. Hard to cast Grid Armor (nano pool is a problem)
    3. Cannot recast hot's multiple times in a fight while keeping the abillity to use evac nano's.
    4. Implants come later (OPI or SOL will have QL 200 implants long before atrox)
    5. Unable to cast highest smg buff without implanting shining head (means you cant wear shining nano resistance in head as an atrox at lvl 200 and you can as every other breed)

Good:
    1. Lots of HP's but for what you loose, the gain is not worth it (rather it wouldnt be worth it for me, maybe some people find this a good trade off and thats fine for them)
    2. For non GA fixers, the atrox would be tied for my first choice with solitus due to armor and high life.
    3. A lvl 200 Atrox fixer designed for tanking unique mobs only and completely disregarding all capabillity for pvp would be the best tank in the game imho.

So there is your productivity.

Lastly, I hardly think playing your brothers atrox fixer once in a while makes you the shining authority on fixers and gives you the right to come here to the fixer board and start dogging a post thats been here since before you understood what a fixer grid was. (not that I'm an authority on fixers anymore either, I hardly play Arg anymore)

I think your grievance is actually a personal one and it should be handled personally and not in public. If you need attention this bad please feel free to send a tell to any one of us, we are not shy and we sometimes even reply to those trying to talk to us.

Between this post and your brothers "........." thread which everyone got to see, all your doing imho is making a fool of yourself.

I'd expect the same reaction from docs if I ran over there pooping on one of their guides. I dont have a clue what they are talking about and I have no crazy idea's in my head that I can analize something without first hand experience.

Try making a fixer first, level it up yourself (passed level 2) and then let us know what you think.
    Argulace
    President
    Total Aggression Gaming
    Mercenaries of Kai (TAG)

Before we start, just want to say that I don't condone Medwar's actions on the board thus far. I'm not jumping on his side, or defending the Atrox/Fixer combo as 'teh ubahest' or any such nonsense. I'm just a noob with a question.

With that said, you posted something earlier Mok as a retort and it got me thinking. I play an Atrox fixer myself (purely for style, his PvP record can attest to that :P) and just wanted to ask what your take on the situation was when you posted:

Originally posted by Argulace_MoK
    4. Implants come later (OPI or SOL will have QL 200 implants long before atrox)
    Now I can understand if you have an agi/sense plant setup that it will be quite some time before your fixer is ready to put them puppies in, but if you were to focus on Str/Sta setup I would imagine it being actually easier, as Cusions, IC, General Buffs and Essences can typically get you into larger plants. The only buffs I know of for Agi/Sense being Enhanced Senses and feline grace + General Buff bonuses.

So the limiting factor left is treatment, which with an Atrox's low Intelligence would surely affect trickledown. Perhaps you were referring to this and I'll admit I haven't played enough of the high-end game to really judge if an Atrox's treatment score is where it needs to be at 120 (or whenever one would be looking to put in ql 200 plants).

I was just hoping you could elaborate on your findings so that I know what to prepare for in the future

Thanks in advance.
    Obelisc - Fixer/Pirate of Rubi-Ka. Seeker of booty, be it creds or wench.

Hi again lol

Hi Arg,

First of...both my little brother has a Atrox fixer and so do I...and yes..Gridking is me..and he is lvl 151 atm..an no..nanopool isnt a problem whatsoever.
    Your productive part was trhe first part of ur post...pretty good one..its should be added to Fiix guide btw.
    Now..Im not saying Im an authority on fixers either..but I am playing a fixer..and Ill say this for the last time:
    1. My greviance with Fiix is not personal..I simply reacted on a part of his guide where he adviced people not to play Atrox..due to things that arent true.
    2. Fiix explained that he wrote this guide way ahed when Atroxes got the hp bonus..Im satisfied with that answer..and would still urge him to remake the part about Atroxes in his guide.
    3. Yes, there is a diff between pvp and pvm guided characters..and u where head on when u explained ur view on the diffs in your post. I agree
    4. The reason why I reacted against the Atrox part is since people have a tendancy to rant down on Atroxes or any breed that isnt the "usual" for a proffession. These people that write in their guides that "some" races shouldnt be picked due to some silly reasons is simply that the writer has either lack of knowledge or isnt updated on the latest patch infos that change the breeds/proffs
    5. That u are trying to show that u know everything is shown by ur remark on me not playing a fixer...u are deadwrong as usual Arg. My advice is to think before u talk...that might solve alot of misunderstandings..and specially me wasting my time trying to explain it to you.
    6. My feelings towards MoK, Fiix and You have nothing to do with my posting on this thread..Im simply trying to point out that he was wrong about Atroxes as a choice for Fixers.

There...if u still dont understand..u are welcome to send me a tell anytime and I will explain it all in better detail
    Njessy 205 Omni Enf
    Mrsanta lvl 186 Omni Mp
    Medwar lvl 152 Omni Doc
    etc..

One last thing I forgot to mention ;)

Argulace,

The NW beta wasnt a good way to get insight on Atrox Fixers either for u or for anyone. To get an insight on Atrox Fixers u have to play one from lvl 1 - lvl 100++. In the NW beta u were handed chars that where any lvl u basically choosed..so his experience is minimal.
    And concerning the imps..I personally prefer guiding my imps towards str, sta, agi reqs in the begining till I put on a ql 200 set.
    The Green skills an Atrox has in Str, Sta actually makes it easier to implant higher imps at lower lvls (If u need instructions on how to "guide" imps towards these type of reqs u are welcome to ask me anytime..think info about it can be found on the usual prof sites as well).
    U are once again not reading posts and instead ur writing first..I urge u to try and change /cross and simple read what has been written first.

Finally...this is a FORUM..= u are allowed to say ur opinon..there aint no way in hell anyone is going to take the godgiven right I and everyone else has to speak there mind. Ill say it again Arg...what I have been saying to you for a looooooooooooooooong time...this is a GAME..this is NOT RL.
    Njessy 205 Omni Enf
    Mrsanta lvl 186 Omni Mp
    Medwar lvl 152 Omni Doc
    etc..

just clearing out 1 detail..

well , for starters Argulace...I have 1 Atrox Fixer
    my sister has 1 atrox fixer ...if we both here try and count these we will get really cool info..1+1=2 ...woot....2....ahhh u see??
    2 different fixer atroxes...just making this clear coz u wrote some real silly things before even tho u knew both of us had fixers..
    for the other thing...fiix ur guide is great tho i have to say that atrox part was a bit out of line , tho after i read ur feedback on that i now see your fault, and its no biggie
    u dont need to make a big fuzz arg if not many likes ur guild...
    some do still , dont get angry for small things...you shouldve reacted in a milder way ...(just a thought)

well all gl and gn =)
    Live long and prospor!

The thing about atrox fixers and the nr head implant...

i think it would still be possible to do that and cast frenzy? i dunno if BW uses a PM or SI head or something, but there's items you can equip to cast that stuff rather than using that spot. kalinkov adds a lot of PM, junior baby adds 30 SI...some other stuff im forgetting here im sure
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Originally posted by Stromm
    The thing about atrox fixers and the nr head implant...

i think it would still be possible to do that and cast frenzy? i dunno if BW uses a PM or SI head or something, but there's items you can equip to cast that stuff rather than using that spot. kalinkov adds a lot of PM, junior baby adds 30 SI...some other stuff im forgetting here im sure
    When we did this on beta, we tried about every combo on him. I think we ended up having the abillity to use the frenzy but we got serious gimpage on other things.

Also, the thing your forgetting is the DCD. That gives the MM so you can implant PM in its place, but like I said it hurts in very obvious other places.

Arg
    Argulace
    President
    Total Aggression Gaming
    Mercenaries of Kai (TAG)

Re: Re: Heya

Originally posted by Argulace_MoK

Get a life. He's just trying to help people with what he can.

Step off, go bug people in doc forums.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the Doc forums are find with out negitive ppl. Thank you =0)

Again Great post fiix! Very well done for your proffession. Good to see others taking thier knowledge to the public.
    ~Pianless2~ Doctor

~Ceraanne~ Crat

Ever feel like your in a herd of turtles running through a cloud of peanut butter?

Org contracts items and or towers will solve any atrox fixers nano skill problem. Atm i can self equip ga4 with just expertised buffs intelligence boost org contract matcreation in my eye and 2 +5 intel pistols.

Being an atrox fixer takes a little more twinking but it's worth it in the long run jsut my opinion. I like having loads of hp i like being able to use atrox only items i like being a big tall monster, plus grid armor looks so much better on an atrox.

Aight all this disscussion got me thinking and i decided to rewrite that portion of the guide. In stead of telling what to pick i will give the pro's and con's for all 4 breeds and then the new fixer can pick it.

Its should be done in a day or 2.
    Novice Ozzie Fiix Ozborn

Helpful Guide

Hey, thanks for the helpful guide. I am using some of the info and info I read on different boards and guides from other sites. All in all, it was very helpful as a new fixer (used to play agent and martial artist).

Anyway, I noticed a lot of arguing over how to play a fixer. The way I see it, there is no right or wrong way to play any profession in this game. Play to have fun. So anything goes. Now if you have specific goals, like PvP or PvM or blitzing missions or sneaking around; then it would depend on that and then you may say one way is better than another.

I find it interesting reading about how people choose to go against the grain in character development. Example was one I read of a Nano-Fixer. Although I have never played one, I find that fastinating.

Anyway, good guide Fiix!
    JediGuardian61

Originally posted by Fiix
    Aight all this disscussion got me thinking and i decided to rewrite that portion of the guide. In stead of telling what to pick i will give the pro's and con's for all 4 breeds and then the new fixer can pick it.

Its should be done in a day or 2.
    So... When's this update coming :P
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco

Soon

Heh sorry man stopped playing for a bit then my comp fried. Ala Crispy Cream. Anyway I'll finish it over the weekend i hope. That should be my last act as i leave this game.

As Streaz18 just told me: See ya all on the other side.
    Novice Ozzie Fiix Ozborn

I believe Atrox are a good breed to pick for fixer, especially for those who like the looks of str/sta armor, and can't afford to get grid armor (the extra hp help with this). I'm not going to diss the guide though, as it is a good guide. I just disagree with your immediate exclusion of Atrox as a viable choice for fixer.

Mudzereli, Fiix was going to revise the guide to not completely discount nanomage and atrox, but it seems he didn't get around to it.
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco

Originally posted by Stromm
    SMG is based on (if i am not mistaken) 30% str 30% sta 10% sense 30% agility. If you had higher agility/sense rather than the 60% modifier of strength/stamina, you should be getting more attack rating as a solitus...Atleast from what i have noticed, opifex fixers seem to do less damage with mcs than i do, as a solitus.
    I have been running a few damage dumps when duo'ing with a friend. He is the same level as me, but I am Opifex and he is Solitus. Here are a couple of facts I have found:

A) We both do about the same amount of damage on an average, each weilding ql200 Manex's. We both crit about the same amount, and we both do about the same amount of damage on normal hits. I do, however have a higher AR than him by about 30 points. This may be because he has neglected his STR and STA a little.

B) My skills cap higher than his. I get in to a little better ql Armor than he does (we are both using AGI/SEN armor...wtb ql200 CDS btw) and can keep it on w/o buffing myself to avoid OE'd armor. I don't have to implant SEN and AGI to keep up with my armor desires. Those implant slots can be filled with other candy.

We are only level 145 right now, so things may change in the long run. Time will tell...
    "Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Thumbs up

It awesome, one of the very best guides i have every seen, and i for sure will use it with my Fixer through the levels
    ><f|t/\><

Xfixtabyk My lvl 9 fixer

Metaventures My lvl 37 Adv

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast