Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fixer guide by Fiix

Blitz

after the patch, what do I look for to blitz? (selling to shop terminals, that is) ....no more anemias......

Done

K the breed list is changed and descriptions are changed. Hope you guys like it Now i think the guide is pretty much complete.

Feel free to add comments and suggestions for the new players that might be usefull.
    Novice Ozzie Fiix Ozborn

As far as the Handy Steel-Ribbed Gloves go, you can also look at getting Cyborg Death Squad Armor Gloves. They may be a little harder to get your hands on but they are a little easier to get on and also add to B&E. They seem to be more popular since they add to AC's a little better. They do however lack a couple minor bonuses to skills.

MM is nice to implant if you want good HoTs running, but it is important to remember that most of your Long HoTs are level restricted. I have Shining MM implanted and the only benefit is that it gives me better short HoTs than most at my level.

When it comes to your head implant though, I would recommend going SI over MM.
    "Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Thumbs up Why no sticky?

Great guide but I wonder if it still applies since it's never been stickied. Just started a fixer alt and I was looking for basic guidance. Lucky I found this!
    Seek, and ye shall find.
    Losira, that which survives.

It was stickied, but then removed for some reason. Dont go thanking Fiix though, cause the current Fiix will have no idea what you're talking about.
    ~Streaz~
    "Self Proclaimed Fixer God since Jan 2002"

Note: This account was stolen from me by someone I thought I could trust. I didn't realize what was going on untill someone from my guild contacted me and let me know what was happening. Funcom was gracious enough to give the account back to me, the original owner, but the account is deactivated for the time being and my main concern was just getting it out of the hands of an unsavory character. Sorry for the drama.

-Streaz

bump for da n00bs!
    Support the Social Aspects!!

I'm not a b!tch, I just don't like your opinion.

Can we not get this stickied again?

pming CZ.
    Support the Social Aspects!!

I'm not a b!tch, I just don't like your opinion.

Sticky.

Postcount++ for the Fixer forum. Grr.

Thanks.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

Illicit Laser Backup

Agree with everyone in this thread. Its a personal choice how you like to spend yout ip on different skills, and which weapons suit you best.

I have play a "typical fixer", typical skill raise in abilities, burst, msg and nano line. As always, fixers are 10-25 or sometime 30-35 ql behind with their nanos. (Nanos start going better after L100+)

I started out with Mausser, got a Gamma Ejector at L41, go over to MSC at L78. MSC, yes a great gun. I continue using MSC until i got tired of it at L114. I need to try something new. Many fixers said to me, go for the Manex. Some told me to go for a SOL, and lucky me, i got a SOL, and borrow a Manex August.

SOL, nice gun, but in between SOL or MSC, i will choice MSC.
    Manex, Oh, yes, great gun, great burst, however slow one.

But, something is missing, I need something "new", something with style, something looking good...

A "mentor" fixer that has help me alot, use a Illicit Laser Backup, and a few other did advice me to go for ILB.

So, I did 3 missions and got 3 fine ql.145 ILBs. But the problem is... they require pistol skill and if I want to dual with them, I do need multi range skill. So, a quick run to SL and borgs to gain xp for leveling up. After 4 levels, I can at last dual with ILBs. Yes, 160k ip spend on 2 skills. If you ask me if it is worth 160k ip? I will say, yes, every single ip is worth to be able dual the ILBs.

Illicit Laser Backup can be found as mission reward. No boss camp, no trade skills are needed, just a simple mission role with help of Click Save, and you will own a ILB. (Tips. team up and role for a mission, ILB will easie popup as reward)

Its a very good lucking gun, no clumpsy parts, long, white and elegant looking. People has stop just to ask what kind of weapon it is.

Ok, ILB is nice looking, easy to get a hand on, but how is it in performent?

Burst time is 15 secs. Yes, 15 secs. (10 secs if you are using ILB Intra Edition)
    Overal normal damage is good, maybe not as MSC, but very good.
    Higher crit bonus whan Manex, a little lower whan MSC.
    Attack/rech. time is slightly lower whan Manex, but also slightly higher whan MSC.

Overal its a very good gun. Worth a try.

Awesome guide, really helped me alot <3

thnx for the guide, d00d. nice work
    -=::::::::: Kaghe Shade :::::::::=-
    -=::::::::: Korash Fixer ::::::::::=-
    -=:: Korant MP Meta-physicist ::=-
    -=::: Korant Nano Technician :::=-
    -=::::: All living on Rimor ::::::=-

Oh wher would I be without this guide?
    And the arguments made the posts more exiting to read
    Thank you everybody.

Question MCS help !

I'm a fresh Fixer and Fresh gamer.

I need some help getting a MCS. I'm lvl 92. If someone can sell me one I'm more then interested

Or if u know where to camp them. Thats good too.

Re: MCS help !

Originally posted by Nandrak
    I'm a fresh Fixer and Fresh gamer.

I need some help getting a MCS. I'm lvl 92. If someone can sell me one I'm more then interested

Or if u know where to camp them. Thats good too.
    the MCS is built from a 'Mausser Particle Streamer'.
    You can read up on the process here.
    You can get the MPS as mission reward (or buy in a store or even have someone get it with a 'summon' nano), get the rest of the parts from the tradeskill section of the general store.
    Then you just have to find someone to build it for you, most likely a Trader or Engineer.

Also, in the future, you'll have a better chance getting help if you include what dimension (RK1/RK2/RK3) you play on in your post.

Unfortunatly I don't have any spare gun, or parts.

Good luck.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

Talking He he.

Also, in the future, you'll have a better chance getting help if you include what dimension (RK1/RK2/RK3) you play on in your post.
    Sry about that. I have been told that a few times before. And I never seme to learn. he he.

Thx for the help.

Hey, sweet guide, but I feel it misses something

My lucky punk of a opifex fixer found himself GA1 and then GA2, using the 2 atm. Now my question is where would you put the AGG/DEF slider with any GA/Armor setup as a fixer? This of course also depends on what weapon you use.

Like this for example:

LvL 1-41: Steel-Rib + MCS/Keran --> AGG/DEF: 100%
    LvL 41-80: GA1 + MCS/Manex/GE --> AGG/DEF: 75%
    LvL 80-?: GA2 + MCS/Manex/GE/ILB --> AGG/DEF: 75%
    LvL ?-200: CDS + MCS/Manex/ILB-IE --> AGG/DEF 100%

How does that look? Any views?

Personally I got MCS/GA2 and got my AGG/DEF wherever depending on the tank/doc in team, but suggestions of an average location would be interesting to see.
    ~Trolls~
    Malcom "Chamaelo" Ashwell - Ex-Immortal.
    Vanguard Adriaan "Demongun" Blackwind - Hermit.
    Jawquez "Jawalooc" Loocazt - Bounty Hunter.
    Michael "Mirkle" Kreble - Creep.
    Christopher "Xelger" Junior - Coffee Maker.

Child Of The Omni - The Boy With The Kitten - Sleepless - The Storm/Breathe - Terminal

"You've just got to keep writing, if that's what makes you happy,
    even when there is no indication anyone is actually reading your work." - Savoy

It depends on what weapon you are using.
    For example manex should be used on full agg or close to full agg.
    Guns with faster bursts like MCS, ILBs and maybe Kerans too, can be used at close to full defense and still do good damage.
    It also varies on how good your armor is against the current mob.
    When I used GA MkI at lvl 112 then I had to go defensive (0-20%) but when I switched to GA MkIII I didn't notice any benefit to going defensive so I used full agg all the time.
    In SL with SWS MkIII and dual ILBs I started off at 50% and moved to full def if I got badly hurt.
    On RK I was at 80-100% but switched to 25% if I got badly hurt.
    Last edited by Kaghelion; Jan 19th, 2004 at 10:28:04.
    May your RD always kick in between death and reclaim.
    Honest Businessmen and women: The Mockers
    I eat Grid Armor nanos. *BURP* Hungry again!
    Power Users run Anarchy Online from Linux.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast