Thread: Engineer mezz?

Engineer mezz?

I have been wondering for a while why engies, while able to cast NICE bots very early on, aren't at any kind of advantage against mechanical enemies.

At first I figured, "Hey, let's give 'em a charm like crats have!" but ... No, that'd quickly get too overpowered. Let's face it, <100 engies are already insanely overpowered if they can find a friendly trader and MP.

But then it dawned on me that a mezz for mechanical mobs might be a good idea. Nothing big, long or fancy - maybe lowest QL starts with 20 seconds mezzed, scaling up to 90 seconds on the best. It could even have 50% CompLit in the Attack Skill (in addition to PsyMod/SenseImp or whatever nano skills it uses) just for kicks.

Call the nano-line 'Reboot', make it require a robotic target (you have Robotic Pet targets for pet boosts, I assume Robotic Mob wouldn't be so hard to add), and here's the one people will disagree with - let froobs use it.

There aren't all that many robots in SL that aren't owned by an engi or crat, but RK is crawling with them. Being able to mezz one for a few seconds while focusing on another would be a nice touch.
    Moonleg, 220 Adventurer and never levelling again!
    Fixored, 167 gridrunner
    Lunarblade, 94 honorable keeper.
    Lavan, 115 pretty-boy doctor that needs more levels.
    Moonatic, 117 tinkerer of gizmos.
    Fortehwin, 211 shadow-creeper. With glowsticks.
    Ammoonium, 108 NT gimpz0r.
    Dingbot, 100 XP-stick.
    Runalot,169 freexer.
    Horsehumper, 36 hor ... I mean, fist-fighter.
    Debuff, 46 wrangle-giver.

just use blinds, they are our mezzes and fr00b friendly too