Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Miy's armour drop rates - not working as intended?

I've yet to see the Nano Assistant drop at all, and I've not noticed anyone on the forums saying they've found one. You may well have found a few Nano Targeting Helpers... but that's not what was asked about
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    None of the drop rates for the Miy armor are above 25% (I know, I entered them myself! and yes, I have double checked before admitting to that one ) and they drop from variable mobs just to spread out the drops amongst multiple mob types.

The drop rates (as in the % chance) is consistent between all the different mob types, any variation is simply down to the vagries of the random roll.
    Sil,

Any chance of giving us the mean and standard deviation?

That would make it easier to interpret Pip's experience.

Lets do some hypothesising: If 25% is the max and 0% the minimum with 12.5 the mean and assuming a normal distribution then the standard deviation will be around 10.2 and the likelihood of Pip getting a 2% drop rate is around 15%.

So Pip was a bit unlucky but his experience was well within the expected norms IF all my heroic assumptions above are true
    Sawbones2 220/22 NM Doc, General of Pantheon
    Rootntootm 220/25 Soli Crat
    Rockmsockm 212/19 Trox Enfo
    Swaptioneer 175/13 Opi Tradah
    Sliderule 134/11 Soli Engie

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbane View Post
    I've yet to see the Nano Assistant drop at all, and I've not noticed anyone on the forums saying they've found one. You may well have found a few Nano Targeting Helpers... but that's not what was asked about
    hmm yes .. sorry, you're right
    Igoros, Adventurer
    Igoroc, Enforcer
    Igorus, Keeper
    Igorac, Doctor
    Igoras, Fixer
    Igoris, Soldier
    President of Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaspell View Post
    And you dont really need any of those new armors above QL200 do you, would have made more sense if they dropped like the death squad armor at max QL200
    You can twink 200+ on at level 130ish - so there's definitely potential for everything up to QL300. I'm pretty sure people squeezing into ql300 symbs would disagree as well I see the armours like the SL cresp. ones - which do go up to ql300. (And are hard to get!!)

Sorry I forgot mantis' - drop rate on them isn't bad at all. Looks like PW farming is the most sensible way to get the armour, which is a bit of a shame as it makes taking the effort to travel / go off the beaten track a bit pointless :/

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaspell View Post
    And you dont really need any of those new armors above QL200 do you,
    Er..yes.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pip View Post
    You can twink 200+ on at level 130ish - so there's definitely potential for everything up to QL300. I'm pretty sure people squeezing into ql300 symbs would disagree as well I see the armours like the SL cresp. ones - which do go up to ql300. (And are hard to get!!)

Sorry I forgot mantis' - drop rate on them isn't bad at all. Looks like PW farming is the most sensible way to get the armour, which is a bit of a shame as it makes taking the effort to travel / go off the beaten track a bit pointless :/
    PW is about as 'off the beaten track' as you can get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Quote Originally Posted by If6Was9 View Post
    PW is about as 'off the beaten track' as you can get.
    Yes, you're right - apart from the hordes of 220's doing DB, people hunting the dynas constantly for those 100mil nanos and lowbie teams of fr00bs massacring borgs all day, PW is almost empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    All these mobs types are available in missions, and if you roll the right missions its fairly easy to get them. That's how we decided which mobs to use, we went through a few hundred missions and picked out the mob types that were easy to get based on certain settings and did it that way. Their relative populations in the wild was not the primary driver in which mob types we chose.
    Could you please tell us what QL missions you did for this? QL 250 missions are nearly all mech dogs whatever settings/locations you roll with.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanofox1 View Post
    Could you please tell us what QL missions you did for this? QL 250 missions are nearly all mech dogs whatever settings/locations you roll with.
    best mission level so far is ql242 for lvl220 toon. this way you'll get low chance of medusas and borgs. Or go with ql220 ones (drillers too)
    Last edited by kuznechik; Aug 31st, 2007 at 22:25:32.
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

Quote Originally Posted by Pip View Post
    Yes, you're right - apart from the hordes of 220's doing DB, people hunting the dynas constantly for those 100mil nanos and lowbie teams of fr00bs massacring borgs all day, PW is almost empty.
    And when Sil et al were selecting which mobs to use there was DB going on?

I'd like to find more 'hordes' at DB myself, usually happy if I can find 5 to team with.

I'm not finding any Miy, either in missions or on outdoor mobs, for the past 24 hours or so.
    Last edited by If6Was9; Aug 31st, 2007 at 07:21:02.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

I think people should take a closer look at this bit:

The drop rates (as in the % chance) is consistent between all the different mob types, any variation is simply down to the vagries of the random roll. The Drills have the same drop rates as the other mob types (they just have a wider spread of items that can drop).
    The droprates are consistent with all mobs. Drills drop a wider range of drops which = LESS of a chance to get the Miy's each drop because it can drop something else instead.

You can keep compunding that with other comments (as well as player observations) if you so desire and after a while the drills having a terrible droprate compared to other mobs can very well make sense.

As for Medusas: They really only exist in the wild in the upper echelons. However, mantises in particular) exist in the wild from the low 90's to 180-200 in plentiful numbers. Is stripping Miy's Nano from certain loot tables really justifyable when considering this? Or for any of the other mobs that drop the variety for that matter. Ok, in certain ranges Miy's nano armour is a dime a dozen but in other ranges it's just as rare as the others.

The other thing about Medusas. They drop Miy's Nano Armour, and that (to my knowledge and extensive farming in search of soul frags) is all they drop. Not one ring, not one item. Just Miy's Nano Armour. If they DO drop the other stuff, it's exceedingly rare because i have gotten rings and items from other mobs that I have barely farmed in comparison (yes, multiples) but not ONE from a Medusa. Medusa's are a quick stop for Miy's Nano and no other. If you want the rings and items as well? So ok, I farm Medusas that I want the armour from, THEN I have to go farm something else to end up with the rings/items and a heap of other Miy's I have absolutely no use for what-so-ever making it just as plentiful as Nano.

Looking at it from a purely player perspective if Nano isn't what you want then yeah, it's annoying. But I can truthfully say that I'm farming some ranged and I feel the same way about Scary, Tank and Melee when it drops too. But if you look at it from a Dev's point of view (Medusas don't fill all the gaps in the wild) it has to be that way for the status quo for the other mobs. Medusas are the ones that would have to be changed to drop everything and you'd still be finding Nano when looking for the other stuff.

PW borgs droprate for 200+ Miy's is pretty good, although the Melee armor seems to be less common than any of the others.

Annoying when you want a ql 215 Melee sleeve
    Predator Nilenev Deathbane
    220/30/68 RK2 Adventurer of Komodo

Good/chaos/money..rest in middle 40% diff for a level 220 toon so q198 missions

rolled 6 missions from borealis and picked them to land in Omni-HQ

got a great spread of borgs, anvians and mantis.

Looted:

GA4 (not what I was looking for but only an idiot complains..anvian incidentally)
    Nano hud thingie, looks nice for an NT anyhow + NF range and % direct nano dmg
    q240ish ranged body
    q230ish ring of essence
    q160ish ring of endurance
    q150ish ring of essence (2 actually, one may have been higher i forgot)
    q200ish of the following: nano, scary and tank..I let alot rot as I wanted mostly the first 2 rings I listed and the body armor :P
    "Sadly, the patch "stop others [from] being idiots" has been delayed."
    -Gurudee

"I think so, but every time they get a duel invitation popup it plays "Wanna Fanta" a few times over... "
    -Kotts (regarding Froobs+Dueling)

"The fail is strong in this one."
    -Pafpuf

I get some drops in every missions i do that consist the mobs that is on the loot table.

Iam just lev 122 and do 65% diff miss and get regulary 150ql items.
    I get drops from medusas, borgs, anvian, aquuans, and thos critter mobs that looks like scorpions. (forgot the name of them)

What do i do whit the loot then? well if i cant use it or its to low ql i sell it to a shop. I had severly bags full before and tryed to sell it but stand around and shout to sell some items for hours was not worth it so it is shop food now for me.

Its quite common drop if you just get the right mobs in a mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotts View Post
    I think the mob's rank(?) play a roll too. Borgs, for instance, in PW dropped the armor like crazy. However, when I went to the Borgs in Greater Tir, or got borgs in a lowbie mission, only the ones with military ranks dropped Miy's. the others (Cyborg Engies, ect) did not.
    I confirm this. Just went to Cyborg Barracks dungeon in Greater Tir County and the borgs inside there didn't drop these armors. Cleaned the whole place twice. Would have been nice to see Miy armors drop there as it would give a new reason to go to this dungeon. Froobs would like it too since I think most of them do not know how to roll missions with those mob types.

I tried Glitterdust's settings' recommendation and it resulted in about 8 pieces of armour from 4 missions.
    Lorna, 209/13 Trader on Die Neue Welt
    Jaegerin 220/21 Adenturer equip
    Yeuh 220/20 Doctor equip
    General of Midnight Syndicate

- Live long and prosper, but not at the expense of your comrades

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12