Thread: Why are AP Turrets so useless

Why are AP Turrets so useless

Why the #$#% do ap turrets have so low of attack rateing. Missing every time on a fixer/ma/adv is just stupid. I can deal with fixer/ma/adv being imune to my soldier ( lvl 170 bracket) But I cant even use a turret to do anything against them. Total lack of any inteligent design.

making them have 4k AR should fix teh problem
    Spartanx9 220/25/70 -Inactive
    [TR]Zuka Zamamee level 50 Grenadier, Executive of Aethyr Knights, Pegasus Server. -Long Live TR-

Silirrion:I was a gimp

I stand alone on the road to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanx View Post
    making them have 4k AR should fix teh problem
    downside would be the chain crits against anyone that doesn't have high AAD/evades

but tbh, that wouldn't bother me.. and would definately be nice for those that need to be turret whores
    Redadv 220/30
    Proud Member of The Renaissance

as it is the turrets are useless, maybe give them 10 sec recharge aimed shots?

Quote Originally Posted by Redadv View Post
    downside would be the chain crits against anyone that doesn't have high AAD/evades
    They'll do their job tho.
    Spartanx9 220/25/70 -Inactive
    [TR]Zuka Zamamee level 50 Grenadier, Executive of Aethyr Knights, Pegasus Server. -Long Live TR-

Silirrion:I was a gimp

I stand alone on the road to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanx View Post
    They'll do their job tho.
    still won't affect someone teamed with an engi, due to the slow rate of fire for their 'normal' hits
    Redadv 220/30
    Proud Member of The Renaissance

still won't affect someone teamed with an engi, due to the slow rate of fire for their 'normal' hits
    If an engi actually is willing to recast the special blockers that often to allow someon to cap M with a single turret there, they deserve it.

It gets you 3 special blockers, and you can't zone to refresh them. If you get to the control station with all 3 special blockers intact, you deserve to cap it imo, due to the opposite side messing up.

err the refreshing team blockers are ingame ^^

i'd like to see more turrets possibly a anti air craft.. where you can actually shoot down those air strikes.. ok no one woudl probably use this..

pitty there are'nt aircraft mechs.

possibly rocket battery turret.. which have AoE it is equally good on infantry and mechs but say only 65% as much damage as the avt or apt.

and maybe a machinegun nest which has extremely high rate of fire, fire rate, but lower dmg and say 30meter range instead of 40.

but ya i know what you mean on high evade targets apt misses a lot and is slow.
    Nanomage Meta-Physicist : Squad Commander [Famous Last Words] [RK2]
    Interested in applying? [Click Here]

Why not make them proc epsilon purge, NSD, and -100% healeff too? That way professions that rely on things other than evades won't be tempted to try to cap through a turret either.
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

but tbh, that wouldn't bother me.. and would definately be nice for those that need to be turret whores
    A resolution for that would be to make the crit rating on them 0 or something really low.
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

Quote Originally Posted by bockrocker View Post
    Why not make them proc epsilon purge, NSD, and -100% healeff too? That way professions that rely on things other than evades won't be tempted to try to cap through a turret either.
    You forgot the reflect debuff, that would make sure everyone stayed out of a 40m radius of turrets. Still a good suggestion though :P

An older thread on the same subject (sort off): http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=508628
    Quote from me there:"Instead of demanding that evaders should be instakillable under all circumstances by an apt, you could ask that perks like acrobat, deceptive stance and cocoon get the same limitations as AMS/TMS currently has. Then there would be no more ninjaing by a single person (atleast at tl7, dunno how turret AR at tl5 holds up versus evades)."

At tl5 the insane twinks come into play, and i don't think FC can scale the apts AR normally so apts would be able to hit tl5 twinks, yet still not slaughter tl7 evaders. If you want to hit twinks, then you'll have to twink yourself. Unless you want evaders to be complete gimps when it comes to apts as well, but then bockrockers suggestion would be much fairer: everyone dies.
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] *220 bureaucrat*: Starting 12man, need Enfo, Doc, Keeper, reflects."
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] *220 doctor*: Looking for crat/keep/enf for 12m pst "
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] *220 soldier*: still need doc/enf for 12 man. pst
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] LF enfo , crat , doc and soldier's for ipande / pst [220 doctor]"

Ap should be instakill to everyone. Thats the whole idea. They are there to ballence gameplay, if they can instakill one prof they should be able to any.

I feel like my sarcasm might have been lost on you guys. At TL5 fixers might be immortal to APTs, at TL7 a fixer is often slaughtered by a single APT - it's usually advs/keeper/engy that has no problem ignoring the APTs.
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by bockrocker View Post
    at TL7 a fixer is often slaughtered by a single APT - it's usually advs/keeper/engy that has no problem ignoring the APTs.
    Forz is enf. And that "you missed" spam from fa/burst/fling/regulars at him from 4 APTs is quite annoying.
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

APTs suck. And they need to suck even more. Because they suck.
    I mine for notum

...Black Sunday...
    [Pakema]: omni did much for block our better ppl
    [Pakema]: i havnt may
    [Pakema]: all say
    [Pakema]: You have entered dishonorable and will be penalized
    [Pakema]: Bad that some players have got perma bath