Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In Game Concert Announced

In Game Concert Announced (Updated time!)

In Game Concert Announced

In a special event next weekend, we have teamed up with our partners at Massive and Verizon Wireless to provide a great in-game concert event.

Preparations have been completed for the grand concert in the ICC area in Andromeda and we invite all North America-based citizens of Rubi-Ka to attend this unique musical event.

The concert features The All-American Rejects and the event kicks off at 3PM Eastern Time on August 12, 2007 (To figure out what that means in your local time check here ).

Keep your eyes peeled for teasers and more information during the coming week for this exciting event!

UPDATE

Tonight's scheduled concert is postponed. Time and Date TBA. We apologize sincerely for the technical difficulties and thank all who came out earlier. The response was overwhelming and we'll definitely try to do more of these.
    Last edited by Famine; Aug 13th, 2007 at 00:32:58. Reason: Updating Schedule

Which dimension? If you say RK1 I won't love you any more

EDIT: DAAAAAAMNITTTT!!!!!! I will be away on my cruise! ASDK IBVOWQNL VKASK!!!!

Someone PLEASE get video of this for me for when I get back

MORE EDIT: How are you partnered with Verizon :S

EVEN MORE EDIT: If it's ingame how is it NorthAmerican players only? :S Or is that just what timezone it's in?
    Last edited by Healyhatman; Aug 3rd, 2007 at 16:46:22.
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

Get to know the real Healyhatman at Healy's MySpace! Leave a comment!
    See the Healy the Atheist at The Enlightenment of the Healy - my Atheist Blog.

The concert will be viewable by North American players on all servers.

Interesting... never seen an concert ingame. O.o

Will it be a 100% zone while the concert is running? I dont want to accidentally be there with a flag and get ganked while trying to enjoy the music.
    Spartanx9 220/25/70 -Inactive
    [TR]Zuka Zamamee level 50 Grenadier, Executive of Aethyr Knights, Pegasus Server. -Long Live TR-

Silirrion:I was a gimp

I stand alone on the road to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharamond View Post
    The concert will be viewable by North American players on all servers.
    Why only north american players? Is that based on the time of the event or is it somehow disabled for gamers from the rest of the world to view it?
    Hygyeia 220/30/70 doc damage/defence
    Ankaria 220/30/70 sold damage/defence
    Nuklea 165/17/42 nt
    Mercenaries

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    We all play WoW? You go too far Kaitlain...this was insulting. You are Hello-Kitty Online's customer of the month...it's true...they told me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hygyeia View Post
    Why only north american players? Is that based on the time of the event or is it somehow disabled for gamers from the rest of the world to view it?
    Has to be some kind of licensing issue.

F#$%^@# lawyers screw those of you not from North America.

Either that or the streaming abilities of the ad system that'll probably be used for it will restrict it...

What if I use a proxy?

At any rate, who is that band? I've never heard of them o.O and how does this all work? Since I'm not elligible to attend anyway, we should get the scoop on how it's done!
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

if the servers have recovered from being upgraded...

ANi.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Extremely interesting! That band is pretty neat-o

Yay, glad I'm from North America haha
    "Ignorance is bliss."
    Phat'est Trader on Rimor
    Phat = Pretty Hot and Tempting.
    Entrepreneur Grandmaster "Chacapo" Baiter - Forever Nerfed
    Also known as 'Poir'
    Clanners will be crushed!
    Omni-Tek shall prevail!
    One of the First Traders on Rimor To Have Nanobot Defense and Grand Theft Humidity

What about sound? It's concert after all.
    Oh, and if add billboards will be used, will froobs be able to watch it as well?
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

I bet the server upgrade is making it possible for such event to take place. This is great news, makes me feel like this game just got A LOT more modern.

Is this an actual in game concert the band knows they are playing in? Or is it just a concert streamed via Verizon from some other place?

For those who don't know who they are: AAR MySpace

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanx View Post

Will it be a 100% zone while the concert is running? I dont want to accidentally be there with a flag and get ganked while trying to enjoy the music.
    Haha! In real life its a 75% zone and they check you for weapons before you enter the venue. So I imagine we will have to hand over our weapons to an ARK or GM .

Quote Originally Posted by Psythe View Post
    Haha! In real life its a 75% zone and they check you for weapons before you enter the venue. So I imagine we will have to hand over our weapons to an ARK or GM .
    yes.. but what if you OE that weapon.. and so you "cant remember" how to take it off? let alone put it back on again?

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

If it is only for North americans.... Why list all time-zones?
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Sad cookie
    Proud member of the Wolf Brigade, a supporter of the NDI.

{Edited by Corwynn - Profanity, even badly spelt, is against the forum guidelines}
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    "Hush little baby, don't say a word"
    "Mommy's gonna get you an Ofab Bird."
    "If that Ofab Bird won't swing"
    "Mommy's gonna buy you an Ofab Ring."

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanx View Post

I should like to point out that even in a 100% Zone you can still be attacked if you have a flag iirc

Quote Originally Posted by Psythe View Post
    Nah, region flags are pretty easy for a GM to Change, and you can wear your weapons (in-game) anywhere, you just cannot use them everywhere *me tries to picture GM's confiscating MA hands and feet*
    Only through the exercise of free will can the soul grow; only through courage in the face of temptation and pain can the spirit soar.

Quote Originally Posted by Hygyeia View Post
    Licensing/legal reasons.

Hehe, MA's will own everybody in a weapon-free concert.

On a 100% completely unrelated note, I'm going to go roll a new toon...

I'm thrilled to see stuff like this... updating and upgrading and modernizing is fantastic.

I'll be there!
    Causes:
    Make the battlestation a reality for all levels!
    FC, we need Noob Island fixed!
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Amateur CoH Chest Detective
    Temporarily out of game due to XBL. I shall return.

KAES
    Breakdown: Achiever 53.33%, Explorer 46.67%, Killer 60.00%, Socializer 40.00%.

I don't particularly care for the band, but live performances (even if "televised") tend to be better than albums. Also, it's a legitimate reason to finally get to wear something out of the 8+ bags of social armor I have.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

I got a feeling that it's gonna be hard as hell getting in the battlestation...
    "On the brink of the dark he stood, with only the dream of the cities, the million books, the spectral images of the people he had loved, who had loved him, whom he had known and lost. They will not come again. They never will come back again."

-Thomas Wolfe (1900-1938), Look Homeward, Angel

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast