Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Letter from the Game Director: 5 October 2007

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Can you please consider this fix for pvp while we're at it?
    If we could just do a multi-faction "red vs blue" (and yellow if wanna use third point)battlestation wouldn't need to wait about or go browse forum sor something listening for a "ding".

I find it rediculous we pay for this game then can't access content because other players don't feel like it...

No content should be locked out because other players don't want to do it...
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

That's one solution yeah, but with storyline based about conflict, not very likely one.

PvP

Anyone else think it would be a good idea to have a PvP record in your player information for when people view it.

Ex: Killed by Clan: xxx
    Killed by Omni: xxx
    Killed by Neut: xxx

The only downside that comes to mind would be people farming their records.
    Marae - Atrox Enforcer - level 220/20
    Proud Member of The Renaissance
    www.trguild.com

NO more pocket docs? No more 3 on 1 ganking?

A positive step, but what else will gankerbaiters have to do with themselves?

/stroke?
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Nanofox1 View Post
    Your join date says you missed Jobe Apartments and leets keys, of course you agree with wanting to buy them...
    Righteous
    is a gamer.

Nanofox1
    Kitten at Heart

pot, meet kettle.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    pot, meet kettle.

shadowgod
    MP Professional

Meet "older than dirt".

On the topic of the pre-order bonuses being buyable:
    -Jobe apartments. How long was Shadowlands released? 3, 4 years? I had one on my old account, I won one doing an ARK-sponsored relay race for my current account. I think I went into mine for the first time in at least eight months last week, and how does it benefit me? A grid exit from Jobe. That's it. Since I usually get back to RK by jumping off the side and running to the nearest player city from where I land (or since I usually jump from Pande, just hit the Omni-HQ grid exit,) this almost gets no use at all. Do I mind that everyone can get it now if they want to shell out the money for it, even though I've had it on every account I've had Shadowlands on since the expansion was released? Nope.
    -Leet Pets. I never got one, since I wasn't playing AO when AI was released. Do I want one? Hell yeah! Do I ever see anyone with their leet pets out? Haven't seen one in a long while. And if I remember right, there was a bit of a /duel mechanic with the leet pets. If people can buy leet pets now at least the ones that got them for pre-ordering AI will have people to duel them with.
    -LE pre-order mechs. These affect gameplay in a very small way, but they do affect the game... assuming they run faster than the normal scout mechs. I figure they do less damage. I don't have one of these, either. Given the option to buy it, I probably won't. I'd only use it for aesthetic reasons anyways. I think I'd actually pay more money to remove the option from the mech gui than I would to get the ability to use it.

Overall, I'm in favor of pre-order bonuses being buyable. Like Sil said, people given the option of paying for them doesn't devalue them for the simple reason that you got them for free AND have had them for a lot longer than anyone buying them will have. Although I could see the point in saying the LE pre-order gift shouldn't be available until the 2-year anniversary of LE's release at the soonest.

And Nanofox1 does bring up a good point about the ELLTS. I don't know if there's any other useful items that were removed from the loot tables that you can't get via other means (like getting the Freedom Arms guns during Halloween,) but having the ability to get these old items would be great. I know they're still out there, but every time someone who has one quits the game/gets banned and leaves their stuff on their account, there's one less in circulation. Oh, and I want an Alien Probe, too.

On the topic of the new vehicles:
    I'll be paying for the bundle. And I also plan on getting an Obsidian Yalm on at least one character. Damn you for finally fixing it after I'd given in and bought the Sunset Yalm. :P

I hope new Paid Points content is added regularly. I'd like to buy a membership card to the Eden Cafe... just a thought.

On the topic of "Getting into Anarchy!":
    There's a special deal for current subscribers (or at least there was,) that would give you a free month if you recruited a friend. With the froob deal, this pretty much died - someone that wants to try the game would pick unlimited free play time with the basic game first over jumping right into the game. Could we get our free months for friends that try the game as froobs then upgrade?

17.7, Halloween, etc.
    As usual, I'm looking forward to this year's Halloween. I've only managed to be present for the last 2 Halloweens since I started playing 5-6 years ago and it's the one time of the year I have the absolute most fun in the game. I can only play at weird times of the day, though, and I hope this year the special events are spread more evenly across the clock. (By the way, I need a few more skull candles for my apartment...)

I think I've both anticipated and been satisfied with each new content patch this past year than I ever have before, and it doesn't look like this is going to change any. I love the storyline of the game and I love the old Rubi-Ka feel, and new Dust Brigade quests already have me salivating... Just one thing, please please please try to keep the feel of the old pre-SL Rubi-Ka. I'm sorry, but the atmosphere of Rubi-Ka was changed for the worse with AI and LE... bring it back!

PvP Changes
    As long as I get positive PvP rank for actually trying to win on the BS, I'm cool with it. I love BS, I'm terrible at PvP, so I focus on capping and defending the control points. BS is PvP, and when it comes to the BS, PvP means more than killing people. Motivating people to get 500 points first instead of running around on a pointless gankfest (or being a chicken**** and hiding from the other faction,) for the sake of titles would be great.

And, finally, about the uninterrupted duels: Everyone say it with me: Instanced arena rooms in Newland! Instanced arena rooms in Newland!
    Feurix 220/22 Enforcer :: Naphalus 131/16 Engineer :: Geruka xxx/xx Soldier

General of Asgard.

[Team] Galdethi: "Feurix is tanking? ok sure *runs to save* yeah ill brt!"

PvP title changes sound real good. So does the rest of it actually, thumbs up!

Quote Originally Posted by Moldark View Post
    Euro-$...doesn't that get mentioned every time ppl have to pay for something.......Living in England i can mostly say HA. (Translated in to AO speak £>$>Euros )
    Well, the only time this applies is the monthly fee, Lost Eden and now this point system. It is a valid concern, and it seems Silirrion decided to ignore my question altogether. Perhaps the powers above him told him to...

(BTW, you got the currency order wrong. Dollar is the weakest of the three)

But you said it yourself, you get to hold the even shorter end of the stick - even though its "your" own fault for sticking to the overrated british pound in the first place.

I wonder if Funcom will keep this practice up with AoC - they would miss out on alot of potential customers who show less sympathy for being ripped off than die-hard AO players.
    ಠ_ಠ

So can we have an explanation for this price discrimination?

Same product but some people have to pay 40% more?
    Why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    pot, meet kettle.

Your flame fails.

I joined after SL/AI was released, missed out on the pre-orders, and I still say it's wrong to buy Jobe apartments/leet pets.

Should be left as contest rewards only, or if they gonna do this, just let people buy whatever item they like.

Nothing, absolutely nothing unique or a bit rare in this game anymore. All end up like sheep.
    Last edited by Nanofox1; Oct 6th, 2007 at 11:00:57.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanofox1 View Post
    Your join date says you missed Jobe Apartments and leets keys, of course you agree with wanting to buy them...
    Once you've checked my join date( skybert Join Date: Nov 2001), let me say that I don't see anything wrong with people buying stuff I got for free. I still have the advantage.

Only thing I don't like, is the euro vs USD thingie.

First of all, thx Sil for keeping us up todate with those letter. I for myself really enjoy reading them and seeing you trying to do it on a monthly basis or so would be awesome.

For the paid point system: Great I finally get to buy me a L33T...

For PVP, one thing, make sure all profs have decen PVP perk lines. Right now i have 10 points into enhance DNA on my Trader due to no real alterantives. I know some MPs have similar issues and I bet there are toher porfs as well. MAs sure don't have it =).

While you are working on RK and the outzones, the APF sector really need some faclift and work over with the greatly increased number of people there. Omni should put some money into it and get Grid access there as well as a bank. I mean if they want cheap cannon fodder they gotta provide some basics =).
    Also, the shpping system could use some rework, go get a 1 week free WoW account and check it out.

Keep up the great work on fixing those old Bugs too, it 's allways appreciated.
    Last edited by ninor; Oct 6th, 2007 at 11:52:17.

Will we see the paid name-change or will that be later/never?

Would like to clear that up, so I know if I should level my soldier or reroll him
    "Bash and smash is the name of me game, and bash and smash is, er, kinda like me name."

Sil; Phara; et al.,

I love the direction you are taking the game. The new PvP system sounds like it can and will be great. I hate the $1/100 pts (was hoping for closer to 1/200). Would love to see you balance out the pricing so my European brothers and sisters can get the same price value I do (Lower theirs, not the other way around please). Thank you so much for taking the time to keep us informed Sil. I was lucky enough not to find the forums until late in the game, so I didn't have to suffer through the other ones people mention. I'm sorry for all the hate mail you get from your "Loyal" supporters. I've thrown a piece or two of dislike myself, but never once did I mean it towards any group or individual... just the particular idea. Keep up the good work guys.

Thank you,

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by _Feurix_ View Post
    [b]

And, finally, about the uninterrupted duels: Everyone say it with me: Instanced arena rooms in Newland! Instanced arena rooms in Newland!
    Borealis! Borealis!

Maybe this way it'll cut down on the lag some. My slower toons don't really see it TOO much (they do see it) but trying to go through Bor on my fixer is... painful. (He goes headfirst into walls alot... it must be painful)

Newland was nice and lag free until the BS entrances got put there, please don't add any more to one of my favorite haunts.

Quote Originally Posted by ninor View Post
    While you are working on RK and the outzones, the APF sector really need some faclift and work over with the greatly increased number of people there. Omni should put some money into it and get Grid access there as well as a bank. I mean if they want cheap cannon fodder they gotta provide some basics =).
    Please give us a zone map in the APF's. THE BIG MAP! Was making a guide for my org a while back, tried to get a screenie of the zone so I could mark some spots... best you get is the LITTLE map, which has no ground contours, no canyons, nada.
    Last edited by Kendor; Oct 6th, 2007 at 14:45:00.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharamond
    Many hamsters died to bring you this post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahava View Post
    (Yes, it is scary when walking into a mish and knowing where the item is - and then realising it's a restaurant, it's RL and you'll get in trouble for whacking that waiter over the head with a hammer.. )

I for one wont be buying any paid points for as long as this $1=1euro charge rate stays. Its about time it was changed, and there is no reason why europeans should have to pay more than US ppl.
    stuff

Stopped clock

Quote Originally Posted by Damona View Post
    Missed the point. but thanks for your advice, I'll file it with all the other junk mail I recieve.

Yea she never stops complaining. Hope she enjoys the new bikes as much as I will, maybe bring alittle joy into her life.

Sil, I cant find the link but i was reasonably sure you said at one point that the combined cost of all bikes and boards would be about 10 dollars/euros. Now it looks more like being 20, if thats the case it seems to be a bit of a stiff price hike. Also would appreciate a comment on the dollars/euros disparity, seems pretty unfair we europeans have to pay more than the rest of the world
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Quote Originally Posted by cureyall View Post
    Yea she never stops complaining. Hope she enjoys the new bikes as much as I will, maybe bring alittle joy into her life.
    She has every right to agre or disagre with stuff as you do. What's more, her post was on the topic unlike yours.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

i seriously dont think that you are going to get short changed on usd/euros, thats what? financial discrimination? just because your euro is worth 40% more we'll ignore that fact give you flat 1/1 with USD. Lol the bank should turn around and do that in return to funcom, "sorry sir, you're euro's arent accepted here, but if you convert them to usd at a 40% loss we will gladly accept your business".

it should be
    200pnts=1 USD
    280pnts=1 EURO

just that simple. I pay for my account with CDND instead of USD, and i get the conversion correct on my bank statement. I'm just curious whats going to happen to the half pnts? or fraction points? will they be courteous and round up? or maybe put it into a slush account where they do a draw every quarter, but not have a grand prize but have like 100 1st place winners, and 4000 2nd place winners, etc ,etc... lol yeah... im rambling...

oh, and for the price, its once, not monthly, its 2 packs of smokes, or a trip to the cinema, if 20 bucks is that pivotal in ones life, you shouldnt really be playing a pay account, let alone paying for internet.
    Last edited by ICCKoruption; Oct 6th, 2007 at 19:10:25.
    "One can know Victory and yet not achieve it." ~ Sun-Tzu.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast