Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pearl Farming

Last edited by Xyphos; Nov 5th, 2007 at 06:46:16. Reason: ...
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

ni hao

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

Last edited by Xyphos; Nov 5th, 2007 at 06:44:25.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

But you just posted that you quit AO
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

He did, myself and other ripped on him for stating that its impossible to make money to equip oneself well. Personally, I'm glad to see him post this after the fact. I hate seeing anyone quit AO, and asking for advice here is perfectly fine.

For pearls, your best bet is to farm up some SL dyna-bosses and maybe a handful of the adds that surround them. You will get a feel for which one drop pearls more often than others and get a few pocket bosses to spawn, some of which can be very profitable.

Other suggestions, good old RK team missions (collect ALL the boss loot and vendor it), if you suspect any of the loot is worth anything the take the time to check GMS. Don't dismiss anything because it seems like it isn't worth it, every cred counts.

The number one tip I have is to not nickel and dime yourself too much. Get things for your alts yourself rather than buy etc. Do not spend your money on anything that you can easily acquire yourself, save it for the big ticket items you can't get yourself. That may sound like common knowledge but you'd be surprised how much you spend on stuff you didn't really have to, this adds up and goes a long way.

Good luck, and be patient above all else.

Last edited by Xyphos; Nov 5th, 2007 at 06:44:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyphos View Post
    it's "Ni-Hao!" and no, I'm not a Chineese Game Shop;
    I'm a poor/broke player trying to make money to buy items from playershops.
    who knows, maybe I'll end up buying something from you...
    actually its 你好(i think), i am a chinese game shop i trade many pearls for rice so my family can east each day

quota = 1000/day
    Last edited by tehtweeky; Oct 13th, 2007 at 02:06:01.

If you are poor enough to be farming pearls for your money then you should not even be thinking about an "end game setup." Set your sights on a setup that is realistic, yet still respectable. Forget about the DD crazed people who are always posting their damage in team. They probably have a spending budget you can't afford yet.

A good player will do more with a mediocre setup than a bad player with expensive gear.

If you really want to farm pearls go to the dungeon that corresponds to the static dungeon near the Pen Fortress exit. Mobs are around lvl 170 and drop pearls fairly often (its redeemed mobs tho so if you are clan you're gonna have to find another ).

Shame you got rid of your MA cos a high lvl MA can rip through that place real fast

Whoever said farm sl dynas tho is right, some good money to be made from Penumbra PBs.
    Dormouse Martial Artist lvl 220 Enlightened Guru, 'Hero' alien killer, General of United
    Gruntley MP lvl 220 Enlightened Deity - Atrox, 'cos size does matter
    Cenicera MP lvl 113 - Nanomage 'cos brains matter too
    Wetnurse Doctor lvl 216 - Dorm's pocket doc
    Leadhead666 Soldier lvl 218 - Work in progress
    Skaramouche Fixer lvl 151 - twink? don't know what you mean

Semper in excretia, solum profundum variat

RK for loot, SL for XP, AI for rolling on the floor laughing at the Gen-HX cannon-fodder - WilloTheFist

You will learn that end trader setup is not much different than that of a MA's in terms of credz... And if u say Duuuuh he's just for pve, then u will fail even more, since a completely stripped MA prolly will do better than a medicore geared trader
    TWADER - Rimor Clanner - 220/31/70 - Trox Trader of Quetzalcoatl
    ATLANTEAN SERVER
    The Firm
    Godt Saa... Eller - STEEL!
    House Maadiah
    RIMOR SERVER
    The Syndicate
    Quetzlcoat

Quote Originally Posted by ICCKoruption View Post
    If you go to old athens, or omni entertainment be sure to look for the Rubi-ka museum of natural history. you will find numerous Traders that have been immaculately restored to their original states, some archeological digs were intentionally based around reclaim terminals.
    if you do find a trader still in circulation, be sure to check the expiry date, they are usually marked :best before june 2001.

Didn't your sig used to say, stealing your BOC@211? I coulda sworn a 211 ma won boc on a flatrolled beast run...

Quote Originally Posted by Rockempire View Post
    A good player will do more with a mediocre setup than a bad player with expensive gear.
    This is probably THE BEST advice for any new players trying to make money. Learn what your toon can do and play it to the best of your abilities. You don't have to be top DD to be an asset to the team.

Don't let something as silly as not having credits for an end-game set up keep you from playing. Play the profession you enjoy the most, the credits will come with time and experience. You usually can't afford your 220 gear the second your first toon hits 220. It takes time to build something like that up.

If you enjoy playing MA then play MA. Rolling a trader because you think that'll be cheaper is going to leave you even more disappointed.
    Last edited by Aeliona; Oct 14th, 2007 at 17:12:06.

make a GA fix and solo Sector 10 bosses for uber loot
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

Last edited by Xyphos; Nov 5th, 2007 at 06:44:41.

You're killing me here.

You have a TL7 MA with the 2500 token board and some semi-decent gear and you want to farm pearls to make money, so you're *not* going to use that toon for the farming?

At least give yourself a break and farm the pearls with your MA then sell them to the trader shop with the trader.

how did the guy say that in another thread ?

ah ya....

STOP BEING A NOOB WITH A BOC
    Last edited by Amordok; Oct 17th, 2007 at 17:44:12.
    Amordoki 220 nm NT
    Amorforcer 214 trox ENFO
    Amorotti 177 solitus DOC
    Amorexia 150 opi SHADE

I'm gonna adjust that !
    Amordoki 220 nm NT
    Amorforcer 214 trox ENFO
    Amorotti 177 solitus DOC
    Amorexia 150 opi SHADE

Here, since no one else has advice. Pearls are decent credits, now they aren't 200+ at tinker tower but I remember I went all Chinese pearl farmer while leveling and easily farmed 100m in 5 hours or so.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast