Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pearl Farming

Quote Originally Posted by Xinc View Post
    Here, since no one else has advice. Pearls are decent credits, now they aren't 200+ at tinker tower but I remember I went all Chinese pearl farmer while leveling and easily farmed 100m in 5 hours or so.
    It's not about giving advice or not, those things have been talked about since long and if you use the search tool you must be fine.
    Amordoki 220 nm NT
    Amorforcer 214 trox ENFO
    Amorotti 177 solitus DOC
    Amorexia 150 opi SHADE

Quote Originally Posted by Amordok View Post
    It's not about giving advice or not, those things have been talked about since long and if you use the search tool you must be fine.
    Agreed. For me, this thread was never about pearl farming. It was about trying to save someone from his own poor decisions that are based on misinformation and what appears to be willful ignorance. Call me a bleeding heart, but I thought I could help him. Based on his last post it looks like he only cares to hear the answers that agree with his decision.

I've never considered pearls an efficient way to make money. But then, I prefer to extort my money from players.

It's a rare drop, but I've found the best money comes from Pendumbra. Pocket bosses. If you spend one hour per day killing the grey mobs, looting the patterns (theres pearls too if you're really desperate), then once a week combining all the bits, trading your spares with others who do the same thing, you'll find you have about 20 'good' pocket bosses to do.

Quondam is particuarly valuable, and very common to acquire but hard to kill for most, and hold two very very very nice symbiants. Both selling to players for upwards of 50 million credits each.

Breaker Tuevo of course has a 75-100m symbiant that is rare - painfully rare. Juma has some snacks, Srahir has several 20m symbiants, and Kaleva has a 20-60m symbiant depending on demand. I've made billions this way, just by spending a relaxing hour per day.

Zoetic Oak has two particuarly valuable symbiants. If I had to venture an opinion, I'd say that Zoetic Oak is more camped out than Breaker Teuvo, and of course Quondam is plentiful and always available to farm - and ironically is the quickest to farm, 24-7. A good way to fill the time between repops.

Of course every large org would appreciate donations to their 'symbiant bank', for those that operate one. All the cheap ones that are difficult to sell. Which is a nice little jolt to the self esteem.

Any level 200 player can use this method to make reasonable money in seven hours per week. Any level 220 player can do this half asleep. And anyone who takes pleasure in this and wants to spend more time will see even more rewards from doing so.

Theres even a few pearls. Ni hao.

shhh don't tell people 'bout the 'smart' ways to make money while leveling, else they'll become camped :P

but yea, camping symbs/pb patterns is how i made my money while leveling / gearing up, until i could solo easily in inf
    Redadv 220/30
    Proud Member of The Renaissance

Quote Originally Posted by Redadv View Post
    shhh don't tell people 'bout the 'smart' ways to make money while leveling, else they'll become camped :P

but yea, camping symbs/pb patterns is how i made my money while leveling / gearing up, until i could solo easily in inf
    There is NO TRUTH to the Rumor that Scheol PBs are profiatbale, Absolutely None!

Seriously I mean absolutely none!!!!

The way to true wealth in AO is to corner the Nophex Cube Market!~

But let me state again for the record there is absolutely no truth to the rumor that Schoel PBs are profitable!

Dex
    ICC planet-wide announcement: Dextar has been awarded the highest honorary rank for outstanding dedication to the defence of Rubi-Ka. You have gained a new Alien Title: Vindicator!

Time: 13:42 local (17:42 GMT), 04:38 game
    Date: 08. Jul 2007 local
    Dextar has played 252 days 19 hours 22 minutes 18 seconds

Dextar FIRST 220/30/70 Clan Opifex Adventurer on any Server

Did You Just Tell Someone About Scheol And Elysium Pbs Ffs ?
    Amordoki 220 nm NT
    Amorforcer 214 trox ENFO
    Amorotti 177 solitus DOC
    Amorexia 150 opi SHADE

Quote Originally Posted by Amordok View Post
    Did You Just Tell Someone About Scheol And Elysium Pbs Ffs ?
    Absolutely not.

Dextar stands in Scheol and Ely and waves his hand unnoticeably and sez: "these are not the PBs you are looking for..."
    ICC planet-wide announcement: Dextar has been awarded the highest honorary rank for outstanding dedication to the defence of Rubi-Ka. You have gained a new Alien Title: Vindicator!

Time: 13:42 local (17:42 GMT), 04:38 game
    Date: 08. Jul 2007 local
    Dextar has played 252 days 19 hours 22 minutes 18 seconds

Dextar FIRST 220/30/70 Clan Opifex Adventurer on any Server

pearl farming is a terrible way of making credits.

roll a 165 NT and kite lowbies/rich pplz alot for 1m/lvl. If your really into it take lots of empty bags and make blood plasma. I made a few hundred mil after extensive ely kiting (got from level 120ish - 195 from ely hecks), bought a merc set and started playing enfo...

later, farm expert on a 170 agent and sell that.

rinse, repeat.
    Last edited by Whitey; Oct 19th, 2007 at 21:30:49.
    'Fbwhitey' : 220/26 Nano NT [PvP]
    'Garnerana' : 220/22 Trox Keeper [PvM]
    'Zinc' : 220/30 Trox Doctor [PvP]
    'Whex' : 171/22 Trox Soldier

Last edited by Xyphos; Nov 5th, 2007 at 06:44:55.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

at this rythm endgame will be at the end of ze internet
    Amordoki 220 nm NT
    Amorforcer 214 trox ENFO
    Amorotti 177 solitus DOC
    Amorexia 150 opi SHADE

Last edited by Xyphos; Nov 5th, 2007 at 06:45:05.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

It has been given to you some better ways to make money, if you don't give a crap at what people think you shouldn't go into whatever forums
    Amordoki 220 nm NT
    Amorforcer 214 trox ENFO
    Amorotti 177 solitus DOC
    Amorexia 150 opi SHADE

FINE! pen PB's it is...
    I just hope my MA can handle them. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Xyphos View Post
    FINE! pen PB's it is...
    I just hope my MA can handle them. :/
    If you can't kill grey mobs on an MA, give up on trader now.
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Now please, go hide into empty can of tomato juice, mail yourself to Mexico, and dont forget to write on a package "i'm looking for a clue".
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Seriously, did you think before posting, or did ... you just [smash] your face into the keyboard a few times then hit Submit?

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby View Post
    If you can't kill grey mobs on an MA, quit the game and go play carebear puzzle fun or something
    fixed

Gosh. A million credits for a pearl.

You'd only need like, a thousand of them to buy something worth owning.

And Scheol PB's are phat!

If you can get all 4 parts of gunk to drop that is. Might take a few months to assemble. :>

And don't forget those Vindicators that drop Defiler patterns. 190 Artillery eyes are instant sales at 20m a piece. Never enough to go around.

But then eh. I made my original wealth, just a billion or so, from De'Valos sleeves.

It was pure extortion of course, topped up with lies, deceit, and underhanded behaviour. A lot of casual players will let go of their low QL powdered viralbot's for just a few mill, not realising they're potentially very valuable. Paid 50,000 credits for a QL98 Powdered bots once. Turned it into a sleeve and sold it for 60m an hour later. *snicker*

In short, rather than generating more money and slowly but surely putting the economy even further out of whack, find yourself a niche market that's already been done to death - and no longer has sellers - or one that noones approached.

Focus on it. Then milk it.

For example, if I was a froob, and needed to make a billion credits in say... 2 weeks, to start a reselling empire much like Twinkshop does, I'd farm notum pellets.

Not the high QL stuff. I'd go for matching sets of pellets, in a variety of QL's. All the froobies love the armour that you make from it, can't recall their names off hand, and all the froobs are constantly yelling and carrying on about buying it, but not a soul is able to sell it. Certainly not in sets, or anything even approaching sets.

And they're all too flippin' lazy to farm it themselves.

So there you go. A secret froobish moneymaking enterprise where you could set your own market, and the amount of money generated would depend solely on how much time you put in.

As for kiting for cash...

Urgh.

See that crappy NMNT in my signature? That was a grand plan, after spending an epic 3 million credits on kite hill, to make my limitless fortune to bankroll an Enforcer by running around in circles for a group of douchebags. Got tired of it in under a week. Half of 'em don't pay, the other half try to weasel out of it, or barter out of it, and they are all either rude powerplayers who think they're too good to be polite when asking, the others are goddamn disgruntled kids, who if they don't get it their way straight away they charge in there, ruin your kites, and in all likelyhood train the idlers.

I bet not a day goes by that some low ranking ark doesn't have to go down there and put out the fires.

Getting involved in that market is crap with a capital rap. Find a niche market, and then exploit it. That's the key.

Oh and yeah. If you can't kill grey mobs with an MA, you should probably try Solitaire. There's no money in it, unless you turn it onto 'Vegas' mode, but at least you don't run the risk of people observing you while you fail.
    Last edited by egadsrk2; Oct 22nd, 2007 at 03:46:23.

Yeah I thought of that NT plan also and got sick of all the kiting drama. It doesnt help when you have 2 or more NTs fighting over a spot and then when you get it, someone comes along with a flag and ganks you lol.

My mp is only 146 so can't go past adonis yet, currently he is in the unred dungeon down in lament lagoon, got myself 3 pearls around ql150 after some 20-25 minutes, have a lvl 97 trader to sell them so will bring some okey cash, and the dungeon gives me okey xp, and only real danger down there is taking on the boss, shreds my demon in seconds
    Rimor Server
    Robotgubben lvl 173/14/29 engineer

Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    I've never considered pearls an efficient way to make money. But then, I prefer to extort my money from players.

It's a rare drop, but I've found the best money comes from Pendumbra. Pocket bosses. If you spend one hour per day killing the grey mobs, looting the patterns (theres pearls too if you're really desperate), then once a week combining all the bits, trading your spares with others who do the same thing, you'll find you have about 20 'good' pocket bosses to do.

Quondam is particuarly valuable, and very common to acquire but hard to kill for most, and hold two very very very nice symbiants. Both selling to players for upwards of 50 million credits each.

Breaker Tuevo of course has a 75-100m symbiant that is rare - painfully rare. Juma has some snacks, Srahir has several 20m symbiants, and Kaleva has a 20-60m symbiant depending on demand. I've made billions this way, just by spending a relaxing hour per day.

Zoetic Oak has two particuarly valuable symbiants. If I had to venture an opinion, I'd say that Zoetic Oak is more camped out than Breaker Teuvo, and of course Quondam is plentiful and always available to farm - and ironically is the quickest to farm, 24-7. A good way to fill the time between repops.

Of course every large org would appreciate donations to their 'symbiant bank', for those that operate one. All the cheap ones that are difficult to sell. Which is a nice little jolt to the self esteem.

Any level 200 player can use this method to make reasonable money in seven hours per week. Any level 220 player can do this half asleep. And anyone who takes pleasure in this and wants to spend more time will see even more rewards from doing so.

Theres even a few pearls. Ni hao.
    I can attest to this. Being an org leader, I can check the shop balance of everyone in my guild. There is one person who did nothing but farm valuable symbiants, he hasn't played AO in months, but his shops still have about 6billion credits in them and his characters have all the expensive loot they could ever want
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO
    Rakhabit 220/20 Agent FINALLY
    Halfempty 220/16 Engineer/Evade Negator
    Primatene 168/20 Original Doc Twink

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12