Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Diablo Fans there? Have you seen Hellgate?

Any Diablo Fans there? Have you seen Hellgate?

http://pc.ign.com/articles/607/607334p1.html

This has now gone up from being a game I knew very little about, to one of my most hyped PC games. Created by the same guys who made Diablo, this is essentially Diablo II in First Person! The levels are randomly generated and there are like over 100 different weapons which can get different random mods, just like Diablo! I'd recommend reading that preview, but it sure sounds totally awesome. If it is as addictive as Diablo II, then I'll fear for my social life for the rest of my life.
    Last edited by Engelen; Apr 27th, 2005 at 12:58:04.
    I'm a runaway train on a broken track,
    I'm a ticker on a bomb that you can't turn back this time,
    that's right, I got away with it all and I'm still alive

omg, seems like they have a great succesor to diablo under way, wonder if the knights templar got mages, i played mostly necromances, and my brother kited mobs, together it worked great, even if most of my skellie horde got shopped down regularly by a train.
    Cybernetically enhanched soldiers and knights templar cooperating to kill demons in the streets of lodon
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Member of Angels of the night, Rimor

I know I'll be keeping an eye on it. looks promising.
    Do you like metal music? Check out my music!
    Cyclophenia MySpace
    Cyclophenia Website

elf check - passed(none)
    dwarf check - passed(none)
    OMG i like it already!

Meh

To tell ya the truth im a little dissapointed that the makers of Diable went this way instead of puttin out a Diablo 3.... jsut because there are already tons of 1st person shooters that are right good..

Quote Originally Posted by jinnanen69
    To tell ya the truth im a little dissapointed that the makers of Diable went this way instead of puttin out a Diablo 3.... jsut because there are already tons of 1st person shooters that are right good..
    read the describion, make a sword user, whack zombies with a magical sword, play in 3. person, while the person you team with use 1. person, its both
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Member of Angels of the night, Rimor

I'm liking the fact that more and more games are touting random content generation and cooperative multiplayer. I wont buy a game anymore if my GF and I can't play it together, or against each other.
    Do you like metal music? Check out my music!
    Cyclophenia MySpace
    Cyclophenia Website

Gamespot has more stuff, and it only makes the game sound sweeter!

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/hellg...w_6123193.html

As long as it doesn't come down to the last minute and the game becomes a first-person shooter with an inventory that gets kicked out the door in the name of making a deadline.
    "Yay, full team of 6."
    "With Jaszt's ego, it's more like 8."
    "Hey now, that's not fair... it's more like 18."

[16:28] <Escritores> Jaszt for president

Oh no, not Blizzard(Or Ex-Blizzard). They are known for their attempts to create the best game possible, not releasing it until it's done. They won't release the game before they are satisfied with it, and when they know it will be as good as it can be. It's not like they are in a hurry, they got enough money and time from here to Pluto

Deadlines and blizzard don't go into the same sentence together.

I used to love FPS games then i got into MMORPG's now they both bore me i think the future of gaming for me depends on the right mix of fps and RPG elements I have high hopes for HGL and can't wait for it to be released my birthday is October 30 so it being released October 31 makes me want to buy it even more then i already do.
    I agree

Everything I have experienced this early on points to a very cool game.

Looks too much like a first person shooter.

I like RPGs
    I like FPSs

I dont think I ll like the combination..
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

I've learned a long time ago not to trust hype at all. (see: Fable, Horizons, Fury, and the PS3)

Same guys that did diablo is a good perk though. something to keep any eye on, but don't buy into the hype. Marketing departments lie, it's their job, and they are good at it.
    Point Blank

I hear it's a pretty crummy game from most people
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I've been hearing this "same guys that did diablo 2" awefully alot lately.
    I don't think it should be taken as highly as it's done here.
    Just because there's some people working on it that also worked on d2, doesn't mean the company is the same, the game designer has the same vision, the publisher is willing to invest that much money in it, etc

It's not a blizzard game, and that's pretty much where I draw the line.
    Same goes for guildwars, people also shooted "zomg by the people of diablo 2". It's a fine game, but I don't see how that's caused by "the people of diablo 2".

These days, quality of the games highly depends on how much the company is willing to put into it.
    These are decisions made by the company and publishers, not by the "working staff" like programmers/artists/etc, who also happened to have worked on diablo 2.

I don't know the whole story on how the people from diablo 2 are involved.
    I'm just stating, it's not something to be hyped over.

As for the game. I kept track of it before and it looks interesting. But it also looks hyped. The trailers and gameplay vids are showing combat with normal mobs from a nice looking angle and some cool music and a chain of explosions.
    While this does give something of the admosphere in the game, it doesn't say anything about endgame content, teaming, economy, etc.
    Last time I checked the site (down currently) it didn't provide much info on this aswell.

Long story short: Looks nice, but does it play nice?
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Saw and tried it and the Crysis demo at a friend's house yesterday. My own graphics card is dead and I am waiting for the RMA case to resolve.
    The NPCs in Hellgate suck. They speak endlessly about crap, the voice acting is awful, the "jokes" they pull all the time fall completely flat and it just destroys the mood. The feel of the weapons is completely lacking. There's no oomph or satisfying animations when using them. If you're not using Windows Vista and own a DX10 card, the game will seriously look like crap. Low res textures all over because you don't have displacement mapping or whatever in DX9... awful.
    Gameplay seemed meh, but then it was a pretty short and crummy demo. Should've rather showcased a later bit of the game rather than the friggin' intro.

Crysis demo followed suit and made the SP seem pretty much as crappy as the MP beta :-/

So far the only upcoming game that I've seen that live up to any kind of expectations of being anything but mediocre at best is Clive Barker's Jericho... at least that seems to bring a little new to the shooter genre and do it well. Looking forward to playing that. Hellgate and Crysis I have completely lost all expectations for and I guess they're going to be just more downtime entertainment not worthy of too much attention
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Note that mastablasta's opinion is only one and i can tell you here and now that Clive Barker's Jericho is going to be raked over the coals if the people at PC gamer are any barometer to go by.

I got this month's PC gamer able to get some real info on the game. If i wasnt in the process of building a new rig i would be putting this on my current one.

I don't know but I have the feeling that AoC is pretty much gonna be the only "real" MMO to have major success maybe even being a "possible" WoW killer if thing are as good as FC has released information and if they said they are making it with prior games like Dreamfall, AO, and other FC games in mind.

...I say this because seems almost all the Lifted NDA beta reviews for these games always revolve around or almost always revolve around the fact that people are sorta saying "Cool game but not worth paying" which is a review I read on Tabula Rasa. Which is hilarious because the game has been in development for 5 years and to get a review like that is kinda sad and seems Hellgate is getting similar reviews. They sure are bringing nice concepts into the game genres heck MMOFPS only RECENTLY got popular in the sense of mixing-MMORPG and FPS elements not pure FPSMP, but I feel like these games are just not living up to expectations from what I read some of the games have new and interesting features like the cloning from TR but just feel like they aren't living up to expectations.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast