Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The old servers?

Okay, I peeked. I don't suffer fools. It does not surprise me you are friends with Anamelle in the least.

So predictable heheh...

Yes I am indeed friends with her, I do wonder why you have mentioned her specifically since she hasn't posted anything about you here...

Don't want to burst your bubble( I do actually) but most people have more than one friend

Edit: Still waiting for reply to my other 7 points...
    Last edited by Rustinel; Jul 15th, 2008 at 13:37:15.
    210/18 Solitus Ranged Advy RUSTINEL * GARRZ Soldier Solitus 166/21
    145/18 Solitus Engineer DROIDAGE * AVYLORAN Keeper Solitus 161/14
    97/10 Solitus Metaphysicist MEHFIS * ZHERE Nanotech Nanomage 85/9
    Operator SCARCITY Fixer Opifex 49/5 Only TL2 Fixer solo title 7, all servers
    The Smuggler's Tale
    New Beginnings

Advisor of Shattered Dreams and Lumen Orien

Co-founder of Lumen Orien

What ever it is you have to say, this is a suggestion forum, I am sure you can go find something of mine to "reply" to on Reet's.

lmao funny how the halo slips when trying to balance on the high horse xD
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Jenshai View Post
    What ever it is you have to say, this is a suggestion forum, I am sure you can go find something of mine to "reply" to on Reet's.
    I wouldn't touch most of your posts. Reason being quite perfectly plain from the last 4 or 5 posts here

I think a few posts ago I said what I meant to say. I made 8 points about your suggestion...or is that not allowed? (still waiting for a reply to them *taps foot* )

If indeed you want to make suggestions and not allow anyone to reply or debate what you say then I suggest you keep your suggestions to emails directly to FC.

Would make a lot of people happy I bet
    210/18 Solitus Ranged Advy RUSTINEL * GARRZ Soldier Solitus 166/21
    145/18 Solitus Engineer DROIDAGE * AVYLORAN Keeper Solitus 161/14
    97/10 Solitus Metaphysicist MEHFIS * ZHERE Nanotech Nanomage 85/9
    Operator SCARCITY Fixer Opifex 49/5 Only TL2 Fixer solo title 7, all servers
    The Smuggler's Tale
    New Beginnings

Advisor of Shattered Dreams and Lumen Orien

Co-founder of Lumen Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    lmao funny how the halo slips when trying to balance on the high horse xD
    Check my signature, I never wanted to be an angel.
    More Barbie instead of GI Joe game content, please!
    *Yngvild Lothe* ex AO quest designer -- "... So now you just want cheap thrills..." Classic server.
    Role Playing guide
    • Main account = Classic.

Phasefront can go jump in the ... oh wait it is already there!
    (Since openning, I have used the West Gate, Battle Station or NL grid point, twice).
    ALLNEUTS - always helping new players, regardless of faction.
    Neutral, can mean real freedom for you. ||| New year's resolution - stay off these forums. Hope you are happy now.
    Expansions don't enhance the game, they just extend it and make the beginning easier to catch up in order to race frantically at the "front"

Kahava - "... we had a civil community."

Check my signature, I never wanted to be an angel.
    While it's obvious you want to be an idiot, I see no mention of that in your signature either.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

My life's ambition!

Edit: (I realised that you might need this explained to you. )

Your opinions mean nothing to me.

To next post: "Aww, poor baby."
    Last edited by Jenshai; Jul 15th, 2008 at 19:53:39.

Your opinions mean nothing to me.
    Your opinions mean nothing to about 99% of the people who hear them, and you don't shut up.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by Rustinel View Post
    1. I doubt very much FC still have 'the old servers' so chances are to make this work they would have to buy new or even second hand equipment.
    Old content...Not the old servers that couldn't handle 40 vs 40 battles.

2. Maintaining these servers would cost them more money again.
    They currently maintain RK3, which is reportedly the emptiest server out of the three. I have no doubt, just by the amount of people I know who say they would return to AO if there was a classic server, that there would be more activity on it for them than on RK3 alone. The profit would far exceed the cost.

3. I struggle to imagine how this could be marketed to new players..."Come and buy half a game!!"
    New players wouldn't be the target customer.

4. Certainly it holds appeal for some existing players...but of course that would then dilute the existing pool of players on the live servers...though not by much I have to say, as posted above it would be cool for a week at most then just terribly terribly lonely(though that might suit you just fine)

5. As suggested by others, there is nothing stopping anyone from playing the old game...its called the froob program and costs FC and anyone who makes use of it not a penny. I very much doubt any revenue FC get from the froob program would pay for a whole other set of servers for a handful of people to get all nostalgic.

6. It wouldn't be very noob friendly since the vast majority of people it would interest(hmm, lets say maybe 20, nice round number) would be Vets of this game and noobs wouldn't stand a chance.
    Nostalgia isn't the point. AO was a completely different game back then.

Thank you JPZ1987a.

Old players and those that:
    • Just don't like the expansions,
    • Don't want to go to the bother of farming all the items,
    • Don't want to be cookie cutters.
    • Find the expansions, especially LE, dead boring.

That would be the target customers. As JPZ1987a said, different game, who knows how many would start out on the regular servers and decide they would prefer the other one?

Rusty makes a point. No one would really want to pay for 1/2 the game which they already get for free.

I'd be for what EQ did with Classic EQ. Launch "Progressive Servers".

On the day the server launches it's classic EQ.

After a Set amount of time and/or quests allow the server to advance to Notum Wars. Then with Time and/or quests advance to Shadowlands. Slaying of the Beast begins a timed countdown to the Alien Invasion. Slaying of the Auxiliary Commander allows you to obtain the Invasion plans to trigger a count down to Lost Eden.

Give those who missed out a chance to experience it without forcing people into a perpetual state of froobness while paying for it.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    Rusty makes a point. No one would really want to pay for 1/2 the game which they already get for free.

I'd be for what EQ did with Classic EQ. Launch "Progressive Servers".

On the day the server launches it's classic EQ.

After a Set amount of time and/or quests allow the server to advance to Notum Wars. Then with Time and/or quests advance to Shadowlands. Slaying of the Beast begins a timed countdown to the Alien Invasion. Slaying of the Auxiliary Commander allows you to obtain the Invasion plans to trigger a count down to Lost Eden.

Give those who missed out a chance to experience it without forcing people into a perpetual state of froobness while paying for it.
    It would be a pretty painful ordeal for anyone, new or old, to relive the fact that the game got worse over time. Just roll it back on one server, polish up the leveling system, improve some of the profs that were underpowered back then.

Just a thought.

Old server (if they are still around). Classic aka fr00b content only with the organisation chat channels.

I would pay for that. (access to the server not an account upgrade "you are now trapped" thing)

I don't like the expansions they make the game too easy (in many ways) and just a longer search for cookie cutter items.

Would like character transfers for fr00b accounts but would be happy to restart.

(I bet a lot of people would pay to see me go to that server too.)

--------- to clarify:

Paid server that is expansion free.

(toss in a buy one get one free so I could let a friend in or have a buffing alts account and you have your first sales gimmick)

----------------------

Okay to be more clear

Leave Rimor and Atlantean, exactly as they are or merge them to increase the player density.

Seperately;

The old server is brought back online. Accounts page has an option added to pay for access to that server.

Expansion free server.
    No Shadowlands, no Hecks, no need to get more items when you have "finished" your toon. No laggy cities, (towers yes :>S as part of free content) no Fugly Lagfront shop.

Get to add a second account under yours so that a friend can join you or you have your alternative toons account.
    I guarantee you NEVER played the original AO.
    I am the baron.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ1987a View Post
    They currently maintain RK3, which is reportedly the emptiest server out of the three. I have no doubt, just by the amount of people I know who say they would return to AO if there was a classic server, that there would be more activity on it for them than on RK3 alone. The profit would far exceed the cost.
    you still got to remember that most players on rk3 paying 1.6 times as much as people who charged in dollars.
    when you want to play old school like make a froob account and don't accept help from paying players.
    Last edited by stormranger; Jul 16th, 2008 at 07:13:31.
    127.0.0.1 sweet 127.0.0.1

*** Defence of Liberty ***
    welcome to the neutrals

Quote Originally Posted by TheBaron View Post
    I guarantee you NEVER played the original AO.
    I would like to. That is the whole point.

Quote Originally Posted by stormranger View Post
    you still got to remember that most players on rk3 paying 1.6 times as much as people who charged in dollars.
    when you want to play old school like make a froob account and don't accept help from paying players.
    Fr00b does not equal how it was. It gives you a hint, a taste of what it must have been like before the rot set in but it is not the same.

I would like to. That is the whole point.
    Actually, on second thought I'm all for this idea. I'd roll a trader on this server and camp MMD for Jenshai just to gank him every single day until the permadeath kicked in xD
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

...Must not overflow shops...must not ruin econmy...
    Aussieborn 220/22 MA (Retired-ish)
    Healinjoo 2xx/1x Equip
    Merve 151/18 Mp PERK RESET
    And some other gimps!
    Consider this my Siggy

Quote Originally Posted by obliteratr
    thw word is spelt like deliverieing actually.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast