Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The old servers?

Quote Originally Posted by Jenshai View Post
    I would like to. That is the whole point.
    I suppose you would be suprised when you find out the game is considerably better now than it was.
    I am the baron.

Check my signature, I never wanted to be an angel.
    Can someone actually read that stuff? My eyes hurt.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

If you really want to play AO Classic that bad, go roll a froob account. Unfortunately, you'll be constantly overshadowed by the paid players (the PvPers will be hit the hardest by this), but that's just too bad. Plus, before the expansions there was no GMS, no raid interface, no LFT window, no BS, no duels, no fancy chat system, a rigid and occasionally crappy GUI (those were some rough transitions, though), even worse pet pathing... trust me, AO has gotten better.

Jeez louise is Lincoln is rolling in his grave right now.

Quote Originally Posted by gergiskoo View Post
    If you really want to play AO Classic that bad, go roll a froob account. Unfortunately, you'll be constantly overshadowed by the paid players (the PvPers will be hit the hardest by this),
    Duh, which is the whole point of a classic server.

Plus, before the expansions there was no GMS,
    Market forums...They were actually much better than the GMS also, because it required more player interaction.

no raid interface,
    Bots, and the lack of a raid interface actually gave more of an advantage those who utilized team play through multiple groups, microphone comms, and so on.

no LFT window,
    Note how the LFT window was never necessary until the player population started thinning out. You also did not need LFT before shadowlands, when most places in the game were easily accessible and players had hangout spots you could frequent if you needed buffs or teammates.

no BS,
    Excuse me while I laugh out loud. BS is not 'fun pvp' even by the definition of some new schooler PvPers.

no duels,
    Are you seriously trying to say people didn't duel before the WoW-copycat /duel command was introduced? If anything, pvp was made more carebear by it. Not only is there no title loss, you don't even lose your stinkin' buffs. Not even any humiliation screenshots of dead bodies or title gain text to celebrate a gratifying kill you made yourself. More people dueled in the pre-SL days anyway - far, far more. People were actually at arenas back then.

no fancy chat system,
    Maybe not ,but you could at least customize what color text was so it's not just a sea of white text for 4-5 different things.

a rigid and occasionally crappy GUI (those were some rough transitions, though)
    So many things wrong with this. First of all, the IP interface was way more interesting than it is now. Second, there were multiple GUIs. Third, people liked the old GUIs so much that there was even a remake of the damn thing.

trust me, AO has gotten better.
    Since you (I assume) play the game right now, maybe you oughta take a hint from the game's player activity if that's true.
    Last edited by JPZ1987a; Jul 17th, 2008 at 05:43:06.

Ah the myth of the noble server strikes again.

What's funny is that Stromm's vision of reviving the old servers and Jenshai's idea of a RK-only server are probably polar opposites
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

fr00b != pre-SL

Very simple, server is the SAME as it is now, however, expansions are disabled.

Crude suggestion, because in the real world, additional (even or especially old) server hardware still costs money to operate. The 50 people interested (I would be one, mind you) to have a look at the good old times without expansions, just dont add up to the cost of operating and maintaining the hardware.

And because the bean counters at funcom know this as well, you can forget about it. Be grateful if they wont pull the plug entirely in the foreseeable future...
    ಠ_ಠ

Merge the Germans into RK1 then RK3 is free for this.

Costs the same and has the potential to make people happy and bring people back.

Just a thought. Stuff...
    Don't, just please don't!
    Every time you make a thread like this, and the hardcore server and all that other crap, i feel like forcefully burrowing my head in my keyboard in a rapid motion!

No! no, no, no! no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no!

NO!

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ1987a View Post
    Since you (I assume) play the game right now, maybe you oughta take a hint from the game's player activity if that's true.
    The reduced population has nothing to do with the expansions, per se. In fact, most of the recent (and glaring) problems have seemingly arisen from post-expansion patch content.

Trust me, I would love to go back to the old days. But I can't. It's not financially feasible for FC, nor is it so important that I'd quit AO over it.

You know, I actually rolled a froob account once. It wasn't anything like the "glory days," but it was close, and it was fun. Try it for yourself, then see if you really need the old GUI back that badly.

Yes! yes, yes, yes! yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!

Yes!

It is affordable using the RK3 server.

It can easily be done, just flagging to disable the expansions.

We have tried fr00b it is not the same.

It is affordable using the RK3 server.
    You might want to head on over to the RK3 message board and ask them how their population feels about being transferred to a different server. I'm sure some of them might be slightly hostile to it.
    Villagebike - 220/22 Metaphysicist - Rebuilding
    Fyxi - 220/25 Fixer - Schtuff
    Nullnvoid - 164/6 Keeper - Supahgimp
    Skrappy - 150/2() Agent - wtb axpeh pl0x
    Irolldadvlol - 60/2 Adventurer - Ubahgimp

Quote Originally Posted by Means
    "FC Nerfsquad" When I have that made into a t-shirt I'll give you full credit.
    Join Primal Instinct in Age of Conan
    give it some love

instead of merging the population of rk3 to some other server, how about merging jenshai with a nub island rollerrat? the nub island rollerrat union will probably object, after all a rollerrat is good for newbies' xp bar while a jenshai is only good when you need to fill a trash bin and you dont have any other garbage handy.
    Fence Sitter

Quote Originally Posted by Fyxi View Post
    You might want to head on over to the RK3 message board and ask them how their population feels about being transferred to a different server. I'm sure some of them might be slightly hostile to it.
    Here you go.

Here you go.
    he said on the RK3 message board which can be found here http://forums-de.anarchy-online.com/ and you will not find many people there who would like to play on rk1&2
    127.0.0.1 sweet 127.0.0.1

*** Defence of Liberty ***
    welcome to the neutrals

Quote Originally Posted by stormranger View Post
    he said on the RK3 message board which can be found here http://forums-de.anarchy-online.com/ and you will not find many people there who would like to play on rk1&2
    Since when do RK3ers' opinions matter to Jenshai?
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Since when do RK3ers' opinions matter to Jenshai?
    since when anybodys opinions matter to Jenshai?
    127.0.0.1 sweet 127.0.0.1

*** Defence of Liberty ***
    welcome to the neutrals

What would be the real difference, they would still get their German OCC obviously and the biggest gripe? They would have more people. RK1 would have more people. They could sing songs in two languages while camping something.

Edit: ... and how does one log on there to ask them if they would like it?

Yes, I'm sure making the lowest pop servers of AO even lower pop than they already are would be a financially sound endeavor.

Executing Nano Program: Gift of Assurance. Target has not enough nano controlling units (NCU) left. Swordbreaker: Not enough NCU. O_o Fixichong: FFS Fixichong: ive failed as a fixer Fixichong: i quit

One of the first of those people who put the Infused Dust Brigade Engineer Pistol (2,7k ME/EE making req) + Infused Master Engineer Pistol on the same Engineer before any updates that fixed anything (including the original sync issues inside the DB instance), lolz!11

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast