Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The old servers?

Gameplay-wise, that would be equal to playing a froob and making sure you only team with froobs. The only other differences would be visual. Maybe a "show only nonexpansion equipment" would help if seeing those items on others annoy you?

Totally missing it.

Band-aids won't work. How to explain it better than "everyone on that server would not have expansions?"

Example, on that server there wouldn't be as much grind to the end, there wouldn't be so much diffussion of the player base ... keep trying to see it, I am sure you can get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenshai View Post
    Totally missing it.

Band-aids won't work. How to explain it better than "everyone on that server would not have expansions?"

Example, on that server there wouldn't be as much grind to the end, there wouldn't be so much diffussion of the player base ... keep trying to see it, I am sure you can get it.
    Explain to me how it bothers you that other players grind ely hecks / inf mishes / city raids / le mishes to 220/30/70? What prevents you from making a froob org or community and happily grinding RK mishes / cyborgs to 200?

The only thing such a server would have going for me is the exceedingly low population, reducing competition. However, most things to compete for (especially tower sites and cities) would be gone too, making it a moto point.

What exactly do you mean with diffusion? There will be players spanning the whole spectrum of levels and equipment in any case.

I did some research on the grind amounts:
    A typical team mission, whether RK or SL, has around 30-70 mobs. RK missions of level 225 (I hope this is a sensible guess of a mish highlevel froobs would do) have rewards of around 1.5M xp, with mobs giving perhaps 100-150k xp apiece. A fully cleared mission will thus give 5-12M XP.

220 hard inferno missions have rewards of 160k SK or so, with mobs giving around 1-1.5k SK. This will bring the total from one mission to 200-250k SK.

Now, let's assume you get to 160 by whatever means. This represents about 1/5th of the XP from 1 to 200. At that point you can already get the full benefit of the RK mishes, so it will take 150-300 mishes to get the 1613M required to reach 200.

With SL mishes, getting from 160 to 200 requires maybe 15 mishes. Until level 214 you can cap the reward from 220 hards. Getting that far will take about 35 more mishes. The rest of the way, 10.2M SK, will take 40-50 mishes, bringing the total amount from 160 to 220 at around 100. If you are smart, you can mesh in your research with leveling at the cost of an additional 100 mishes. We also have to factor in some grinding for faction, which I estimate to take an amount of time similar to 20 mishes.

Looking at these numbers, there is practically no difference in the amount of mishes required from 160 to 200 without SL/LE or to 220/70 with them. I have no experience of highlevel RK mishes as a froob, so I will assume the time spent for one mish is similar in both cases.

Alien XP is a whole different story. Getting the 60-70k alien kills required for AI30 requires a whole lot of city raids and then some. At 100-200 aliens per raid, it's going to take some 500 raids on average. You can reach AI20 with 12k kills and AI23 with 20k, so if you are willing to settle for two full lines of AI perks, you can save a lot of time.

To sum up the time required to reach various levels, I'll assume a single mish takes 45 minutes and a single raid is completed in one hour. These are all starting from level 160.

200/0/0 (froob): 165 hours
    200/0/0 (paid): 11 hours
    220/0/70: 165 hours
    220/20/70: 245 hours
    220/30/70: 665 hours

(Feel free to give your own values with actual experience or correct my research if it's wrong.)

Getting endgame phats is also going to take some time, but with comparable populations, I don't think there's much difference, expansions or no. The items will just be different, everyone will still want them. On a server where most of the population is paid, it should be easier for a froob to get their phats. Tara is probably the only RK boss that's still under control from the factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskarin View Post
    Hell, I'd go for it!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ober View Post
    Hehe, could be fun....
    Quote Originally Posted by JPZ1987a View Post
    Bump.

This idea would easily increase FC's revenue from Anarchy Online at very little maintenance cost. New content would no longer mean lost subscriptions for FC.

Keep NW, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruffixx View Post
    Of course not. I'd roll a toon to a classic server the day it launched. AO/NW only I say. No SL, AI, LE ever. Just old school fun.

Bump for hopeless dreams
    Quote Originally Posted by Whatthehell View Post
    bump WTB this!!
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterBamsen View Post
    bump it up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    Bump
    There is a few people that get it. Feel free to send them a private message and get them to explain it to you. I don't seem to convey it. There would be towers.

that would be so fun lol
    Welcome to my team!
    I CUT YOU SO BAD YOU NO WISH I CUT YOU SO BAD!
    Ignoramus is mah hero!
    Build meh a statue!

http://youtube.com/bigmanforce - Ao machinima

Just check it out, maybe you'll find something you like.
    New vids inc Xbox live gamertag: Bigmanforce23 lets play ^^
    Halo, cod, destiny all the games you hate! (360)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikenche View Post
    Rant
    Your numbers are really off. Mobs QL210+ give more than 100-150k (more like 160-325k, 300-600k for Sentries, Turrets, etc. depending on their QL). Team mission rewards are 3-5.5m probably. I know, I've got a 183 froob MA I mess around on. Even being past the halfway to 200 mark XP wise, one can still get half a level or so on a team mission. More if you go all out on +XP and get Sentries, Lizards, Fleas, etc.

For ideal froob leveling, the mission should be QL210-220 and be rolled by the highest in team (better reward). 200-210 is iffy. Some mobs can be low and under 200. The XP difference between a 199, 200, and 201 mob is night and day when you think of XP/hour. There's a smaller yet noticeable boost at 210+, but one must remember 210+ mobs (regardless of Ace, Real Mean, etc) get a significant HP and AR boost. Good/great froob teams can probably do a 210-220 mish within 30-45 mins I think. Haven't done one lately, been re-tooling the Fixer and shunning the MA. Your more average teams probably looking around 40-1hr

None of this is even on topic, just felt like saying numbers = wrong
    Last edited by Ruffixx; Aug 10th, 2008 at 09:24:39.
    Ruffixx, 220/30/66 Omni Opifex Fixer
    Pugilius, 206/30/49 Omni Opifex MA
    Blessedbrawl, 200/0 Omni Froob Opifex MA
    Medor, 199/23/42 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Vindicius, 189/20/46 Omni Atrox Enforcer
    Evilrilius, 100/10 Omni Nano MP - Foremans Killing Machine

Proud General of Obsidian Order

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMANFORCE View Post
    that would be so fun lol
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffixx View Post
    None of this is even on topic, just felt like saying numbers = wrong
    Thanks for setting me straight with them. I haven't done any highlevel RK team mishes and killed very few 201+ RK mobs in general. A lot of values were guesses or extrapolations, mish rewards were checked on a level 150 character.

Plugging this new info in my research, it will about halve the time for a froob to 80 hours. More or less depending on team skill, but that applies to the other results too.

There is a few people that get it. Feel free to send them a private message and get them to explain it to you. I don't seem to convey it. There would be towers.
    I'll rather have them explain it here so that others will be able to benefit from it as well. I get the feeling that there's some deeper emotional stuff here since you're not even trying to give me any reasons why you think it would be good. I still don't understand what game-play elements would be different compared to a froob. Not seeing player cities or people in SL/AI equipment is purely visual.
    Last edited by Mikenche; Aug 12th, 2008 at 13:44:40.

The character capabilities, gathering points, objectives, so many things would be different and I feel better.

*shrugs*

If you don't get it, I guess you just won't.

One of the big factors for PvPers is AC holes, lower minimum damages and damage type being important. There are very few people that PvP with a fr00b toon and most of them are just gank food.

I should probably try and get hold of a moderator, the title no longer serves the thread. What do you think, "Classic server"?

What do you think, "Classic server"?
    I think you should stop plaguing us with your idiotic ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Still following me around like toilet paper stuck to a shoe?

(Ignore r ur frand!)

Since I am bored, I will waste some time and explain it to you.
    Your opinions are worthless, they are poorly put across and don't critique in the least, any obnoxious child can say that something is idiotic. Your input is not sought after, required nor wanted.

So, what is your purpose? Do you think that you can change me? Stop me? Do you think you can influence me one iota? The answer is no.

Are you so desperate for attention that you must run around being negative on a forum?

I like the idea and have been asking for it myself.. Problem is I don't see where the players would come from. Another server would mean less people playing on Rimor and Atlantean and they are already at a minimum. The ones asking for this are probably some of the most active in the current servers. Maybe some old players would come back, but doubt it would be for long. I think most want an oldtimes server for the PvP, Notum Wars without other expansions, and being able to make your dreamsetup at 200, that you didn't get to complete or have fun with because SL made it inferior. RK PvM is pretty much deserted and for anyone wanting more of that, froob account will do. Maybe if they added some of forgotten zones on Rubi-Ka that you can't enter if you have SL/AI/LE. For all those who didn't get to rule RK before SL, It's to late, and won't be the same anyways.. Besides, I think most of the hardcore PvPers from Pre-SL want to keep their good memories instead of getting them ruined, and not get tells with: "I'm better then you were."
    Last edited by ao--ao; Aug 24th, 2008 at 23:38:07.

They need to merge the servers anyway and I don't think most of the current players would want to play on it, the whole, if I want I will roll a fr00b mentality, this is aimed more at those that have left and the few that would prefer it. Even word of mouth should be enough, there was a massive number of people that left when they hit 200 and had nothing to do, even more than that was people leaving when SL came out.

Bump for an old server.

If you wanna know how old, just make how it was before the uvc nerf patch !

Quote Originally Posted by Infamine View Post
    Bump for an old server.

If you wanna know how old, just make how it was before the uvc nerf patch !
    Thank you, have fun everyone.
    More Barbie instead of GI Joe game content, please!
    *Yngvild Lothe* ex AO quest designer -- "... So now you just want cheap thrills..." Classic server.
    Role Playing guide
    • Main account = Classic.

Phasefront can go jump in the ... oh wait it is already there!
    (Since openning, I have used the West Gate, Battle Station or NL grid point, twice).
    ALLNEUTS - always helping new players, regardless of faction.
    Neutral, can mean real freedom for you. ||| New year's resolution - stay off these forums. Hope you are happy now.
    Expansions don't enhance the game, they just extend it and make the beginning easier to catch up in order to race frantically at the "front"

Kahava - "... we had a civil community."

I like the base idea, but agents pre expansion slaughter every class at level 200, not only this but shades, keepers could not exist on such a server.

We all know this isn't going to happen.
    Your signature cannot be longer than 2000 characters including BB code markup.

Tons of chars and forum requires me to stop making new alts. :'(

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast