Thread: Make org cityes Insta to?

Make org cityes Insta to?

Just a little stupid idea...
    Like it is now, Arty owns way to many of the cityes, making it hard for new orgs to get hold of a city and that makes the game alot less fun for alot of people, and FC might be loosing customers from this. Org cityes were never meant to be owned by one or two people. So... Lets make a change?
    Im seeing a totally new interface. Where cityes no longer are visiable, nor takes up so much space in the geografy. Im seeing that with the Shadowlands knowledge drippling into Rubi-Ka we learn to build a hole new kind of cityes! Maby the clan cityes looks like little rebel shacks... And the Omni rise above and almost float in the skys... And the neutral cityes... Do something else.
    In my vision the amount of cityes are no longer limited to space in geografy. And the "land slot" the org can decide for themselfs. The more buildings that give advantages u put in ur city, the more u will have to pay for each month. So a small and poor org can start out with only a shop and a HQ and some other things if they want, and a large, rich org can have all the works, and fountains and bars, and and and..
    And when u enter and org u will automaticly get something that works like the decrypted data core for sector 42. When u press it u wil automaticly get transported to ur org city.
    To clarify... New org cityes should work like a GS, like albatrum! U can only enter if u are a member of org, or in team with a member of that org. (We still want to have freinds from other orgs to help for raids )
    ...And... to make a city... U gang up with ur 5 friends, make an org, and then go to a spesial shop, or to a new booth inside towershop, and u buy a city fro the amount of creds it was meant to cost, not 5+ billions. And to make the buildings u go get the stuff from unckle bassit and so, and... Well.. No need to change it all is there

In these new cityes... The ailien raids and the shops are in different "sones", so any org member can check their shop without interfering with the ongoing raid.

How to shop in the new cityes when they arent on the map?
    Well... See... If u have ai expansion u do not have to pfysicaly GO to the shop anymore... U enter GMS and find the item u want to buy, and u press a new button named BUY. And volia! The item appears in ur inventory. No more setting low prices just cuz ur city got a really far-away and bad location! But u still have to go to ur org city and fill ur shop, and u still have to have ai to buy/sell from GMS.

And in these new cityes... There will be an "org item depot". Where org members can stuff items they do not need anymore and other org members can borrow.

And arty will no longer be able to own all cityes. And small orgs can have their own city. And Rubi-Ka can be filled with mobs and instaes and all things funny!
    And the cityes will look cooler!
    ...And like 200 new programmers will be fed of FC, I know... But I still think this is a good idea... For the future...
    Last edited by Fungalina; Sep 22nd, 2008 at 01:14:17.

There's an orbital city thread is around here somewhere, and that fits better with the current state/direction of the game then giving orgs mission entrances.

I think instanced city plots are a great way to overcome the unbelievable greed seen from certain people. but I don't think the old ones should be removed.
    Last edited by Majoroutage_; Sep 22nd, 2008 at 01:52:48.
    Because Race Yalm

Yes, this is hardly a new and exciting concept to the Game Suggestions regulars. People have said it better (Much better o.0).

The best idea of the lot is an orbital ring around Rubi Ka, perhaps visible from some playfields as a sky object just to be cool, that has an infinite number of buyable City Plots.

These cities are suggested to differ from ground cities in some way, providing a means to host alien raids (Aliens trying to destroy the Orbital Platforms), but say for example, not having benefits. Or a large HQ. Or having much smaller amounts of land/platform. Different upkeep costs associated with them. Their purpose being to provide a means of AI on demand to those who cannot afford a city on Terra Firma, and a base of operations for orgs to start with, and work their way back down to Rubi-Ka; but are inferior or in some way limited so that they are set apart from the 'real' cities.

A side benefit of this would be that if there is an infinite number of virtual plots that can provide a means of hosting AI raids, the concept of a 'farm city', dies, thus passing cities that otherwise are controlled by single entities to farm, back into the population at large; ie, to orgs who can afford them. (And the prices would probably drop too.)

I like both of the suggestions posed above... Sure beats how it is atm where it's practically impossible for many to aquire a city and thereby locking them out of quite a significant part of what AO/AI has to offer.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

They should make a org office thing in the big citys.
    Designed for the poor and homless

same door for all orgs..

contains:

small meetingroom.
    small shop.
    small gym. (tiny stat bonus)
    Lunchroom (with bartender)

and .. _no_ ct with aliens
    Irmo 220 sol
    Hogfather 220 doc "ER...HO. HO. HO."
    Wintersmith 220 crat
    Ainur 209 trader
    Viralbots Incorporated

"Real children don't go hoppity-skip unless they are on drugs."

I'm walking around killing off thousands of omni researchers and agents in huge multilevel underground caves and wonder why on rubi-ka are'nt those used by the multitudes of Clan organisations that need a base? It just to clean away the bodies and the used shells and to add some furniture and that would make a perfectly habitable base.
    Best reply in any update forum:
    monique: ETA on Hologram fix?
    Eponyx: Current ETA is 16.4 - no there is no ETA on 16.4. Sorry.

Good idea earthworm.
    No to instancing though. This is a Multiplayer game where one should be able to meet and go everywhere. Its not Singleplayer or team online. Coops, bots, agreements between player groups (Pande) etc. are part of the game imo. As well as camping APF is. I even like the damage wars @ APF we had sometimes with Clan. If you loose get better, get more ppl etc. Part of the game and fun (imo) And so are the Cities controlled by orgs. Lets face it, instacing is just another step to make the game easier, and its too easy already.
    Adding new city slots ok. A bit strange though to add new city slots with the number of AO players dwindling (roughly 25% of what we had some years ago afaik) One solution might be having a min number of players in the org to be able to get or keep a city slot. To avoid farm cities. Or monitor the activity somehow else.
    Last edited by Phracton; Sep 22nd, 2008 at 13:29:52.
    °

--(Tradeskiller love! - Thanks FC!)--
    Phracton - Engi | Pyror - MP | Ariovist - Crat
    Boardmember and Waste Disposal Unit of Dragon Security Agency

°
    - First Engineer that killed Ice Golem with a full team ... in Inferno!
    - Proud member of the first omni/neut 220 MP allstar team in iPande, with all four breeds!

Quote Originally Posted by Phracton View Post
    Good idea earthworm.
    No to instancing though. This is a Multiplayer game where one should be able to meet and go everywhere. Its not Singleplayer or team online. Coops, bots, agreements between player groups (Pande) etc. are part of the game imo. As well as camping APF is. I even like the damage wars @ APF we had sometimes with Clan. If you loose get better, get more ppl etc. Part of the game and fun (imo) And so are the Cities controlled by orgs.
    ...snip...
    Big difference is that you can't compete against anyone for their city, like you can for loot rights, towers and such things...

If someone have a city, they have it as long as they keep paying upkeep... and as all/most city plots are taken it leaves orgs without a city having to wait for someone auctioning it.... Which happens relatively rarely and and insane prices.

If someone have a city, they have it as long as they keep paying upkeep... and as all/most city plots are taken it leaves orgs without a city having to wait for someone auctioning it.... Which happens relatively rarely and and insane prices.
    Yep. But instancing is no good solution to this imo. Thats why i said:
    One solution might be having a min number of players in the org to be able to get or keep a city slot. To avoid farm cities. Or monitor the activity somehow else.
    Maybe make a minimum Number of 50 toons in an org that have to be above level 100 and 10 220 or something like that to be able to gain a city spot.
    °

°
    - Proud member of the first omni/neut 220 MP allstar team in iPande, with all four breeds!

Yep. But instancing is no good solution to this imo. Thats why i said:

Maybe make a minimum Number of 50 toons in an org that have to be above level 100 and 10 220 or something like that to be able to gain a city spot.
    5 players with two accounts each would (theoretically) be able to hold 70 toons in an org.
    Adjust that up or down a bit at will with the amount of players and accounts per player... Alts usually counts for a lot of members in most orgs.

It would be better than now imo, but not a bullet proof way to handle it.

It would be better than now imo, but not a bullet proof way to handle it.
    True, but i think even the reqs i suggested would kill several farm cities. Having a min lvl req on the number of toon needed prevents farm cities since the effort to level the toons exceeds the benefit you get from a farm city. Maybe make the min lvl 150 (so 50 toons above 150 or something like that, maybe even more). I'd be against going after the number of accounts in that org, because you can work around that with random invites of froobs for example (nothing against froobs here oc). Also there are small but very active orgs with dedicated highlvl players as well as large but rather inactive orgs. Need to cover both. Maybe make something like:
    account# > 50 OR (toon#>lvl150)>50 or something like that. Numbers would need to be adjusted oc since i have no idea how realistic that is right now
    °

°

True, but i think even the reqs i suggested would kill several farm cities. Having a min lvl req on the number of toon needed prevents farm cities since the effort to level the toons exceeds the benefit you get from a farm city. Maybe make the min lvl 150 (so 50 toons above 150 or something like that, maybe even more). I'd be against going after the number of accounts in that org, because you can work around that with random invites of froobs for example (nothing against froobs here oc). Also there are small but very active orgs with dedicated highlvl players as well as large but rather inactive orgs. Need to cover both. Maybe make something like:
    account# > 50 OR (toon#>lvl150)>50 or something like that. Numbers would need to be adjusted oc since i have no idea how realistic that is right now
    Then our org would no longer have a city allthough we use it a lot and raid there all the time with many different people, both from our own org, but also from outside the org...
    But... The vast majority of these toons are below 150... Lots of them are actually lvl60, but does that mean they are less worthy to have a city than those at +lvl150?
    In my opinion the answer to that is no. They have the exact same incentive and needs as do any +lvl150 toon.

Some of these people have found a niche in AO (PvM/PvP twinks) they find fun and rewarding and have little incentive to level on.

I know and agree that the current situation is bad, but I really can't see any way to fix it, without letting in new extra city plots or add in some kinda alternative to them.

Then our org would no longer have a city allthough we use it a lot and raid there all the time with many different people, both from our own org, but also from outside the org...
    But... The vast majority of these toons are below 150... Lots of them are actually lvl60, but does that mean they are less worthy to have a city than those at +lvl150?
    In my opinion the answer to that is no. They have the exact same incentive and needs as do any +lvl150 toon.

Some of these people have found a niche in AO (PvM/PvP twinks) they find fun and rewarding and have little incentive to level on.

I know and agree that the current situation is bad, but I really can't see any way to fix it, without letting in new extra city plots or add in some kinda alternative to them.
    Those numbers are just to give an example. I have way to much overview over the current org situation to give realistic numbers. Our twink org would prolly loose the city too btw Still i think if you want to prevent farm cities, you have to do something like that.
    °

°

The hole idea is to get rid of the fact that ONE SINGLE PERSON can hold so many cityes. We play to have fun. And it is not fun when someones greed takes over the oportunity for others.
    FC has more to gain from making the game fun for all, not "support" one persons greed. And... APF and Pande is getting instaed, and a few people will loose alot of "power" from that. I surely expect FC to distribuete "power of cityes" in a way that makes it impossible for ONE person to be this greedy in the future.
    And. I do think my idea is great for that use.
    In the end; We all pay to play the game, and therefore should have semi-like oportunityes in the game. Yes, working hard, spending alot of time ingame, having social connections and all that helps, but there is a limit.
    Last edited by Fungalina; Sep 24th, 2008 at 16:17:52.

underground cities? like some sort of bunker? make a little open space for ship to land. thats it. maybe enter city is entering a "dimension" like in a dungeon.

I love the idea of underground cities!