Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do we get picked on

Why do we get picked on

ok, here goes. In the latest patch we got some really high quality crappola. Tbh the only one of the nano's that i find myself using is ruse 4 then swapping out with another hud item. the remove false profesion nano, honestly unless you are in a team w a M.P. or trader w/ umbral (or in the highly unlikley case that yougot hella nano skills) don't even worry about casting it. Completly useless in PvP.

improved G.W. , imho it doesn't really help all that much in PvP, 15 extra rifle, sorry if i don't have the exact numbers.

Improved Dead Cold.. not worth mentioning.

I haven't had a chance to get the new root yet but i am hoping it is the silver plate that on which our new pile of poo was handed to us.

Now i have been perusing several other professional forums, and the general consensus is that we, agents , are laughable at best, pitifull at least. From another profession forum---"But the good news is that agents are still "AS(hit), fling shot(fail), normal shot (fail), stun, pet in, perk, attack, and if not dead yet, another stun".---
    Does FC even care that we have been at the butt end of the nerf stick for the past few updates. What is the point of giving us tool-sets that only work part of the time in pvm and rarely in PvP.

I honestly have no problem ganking in B.S. But is it to much to ask, give us viable resourses so that we can: last in a fight, cast and land nano's whilst in mimic. As it stand right now we operate at sub-par levels in mimic, and that is at our best. Why is it so hard to give the proffesion that relies on faking other profesions some friggin assistance. Think about it, how many new nanos for all the professions that we can cast in mimic. Not to many due to the fact that our nano skills are seriously lacking in mimic especially if we were able to cast SL nanos.

Yes, there are many different ways to play agent, weather you prefer to go doc or soldier, crat or NT, but at what sacrifices. Should we sacrifice ip that should go into conceal for nano skills? Why do we have to sacrifice an Util space for a +nano item when our AR is lacking. Its not like we could hold a candle to a NM N.T.

Sorry for the rant guys, this has been buggin me for quite a while.
    Last edited by tsunamorama; Dec 17th, 2007 at 18:12:35. Reason: spelling
    "Mother are they goin to drop the bomb"

ye i think we all feel more or less the same lately.
    i think if funcom dont want us to survive long at all we should at least get alot more dmg so we can evolve into a ranged lower version of the shade profession.
    for example the shot and called shot could have a much faster attack time making it actually useful.
    im a hp low ar agent on my main because i dont use half those perks cause there too slow.
    only way to kill is fast for an agent and ranged to melee swap is one of the only ways to do this reliably... although u can gimp urself alot doing so....

my rant over

next plx

right now i'm not even thinking about doing the quests for the two nanos...i'm already in nr1 and i barely counter offensive nanos. I'm thinking of giving up on the shot for CoNC and going nr2...
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Blame the atroxes and evade/hp-agents hm

We could use more nanos that execute as concentration-line/escape-line, that would be special designed for agents.
    FC/Devs seems like having lost creativity and are too slow adressing agent concerns.

It has happened to other professions before, here's to hope we can get some good updates in the future
    Last edited by monique; Dec 18th, 2007 at 01:18:46.

Quote Originally Posted by monique View Post
    It has happened to other professions before, here's to hope we can get some good updates in the future
    Ya, seems I retired my MP too soon for my Agent. I left before SS and all that loverly stuff. Maybe Agents will come back and actually earn the nerf calls we get by getting a AoE stun or something.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    Maybe Agents will come back and actually earn the nerf calls we get by getting a AoE stun or something.
    hehe we don't need that
    what we DO need is a better gun that would not make agents IN NEED to have a Piercing Swap type of alpha!
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Quote Originally Posted by Showoff View Post
    hehe we don't need that
    what we DO need is a better gun that would not make agents IN NEED to have a Piercing Swap type of alpha!
    "Omg noooooo agent dshark (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( ((((((((((((((( HJAPL."

or so most think
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

I think that's gona become an agent joke
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Funny thing about agents is:
    All profs think they should be agent nemesis or easy kills for them (keepers, fixers, advys whining how they alpha is too small because we have too much hp).
    Docs are less of the thread but posing great danger coupled with any other prof.

When you look at other profs they have some certain profs they shouldn't be afraid of, even and nemesis.
    Remember where fair share of Dev Ideas come from - players.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggysmallz View Post
    Funny thing about agents is:
    All profs think they should be agent nemesis or easy kills for them (keepers, fixers, advys whining how they alpha is too small because we have too much hp).
    FC thinks Kippers should be Agents Nemesis, to bad nemesis nano doesn't debaff AS ;(

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    FC thinks Kippers should be Agents Nemesis, to bad nemesis nano doesn't debaff AS ;(
    Personally i think FC is pushing the line they originally intended, where agents are stealthy assasin.

Which prof isnt an agent nemesis? GTH, RI, BTC, UBT&malacious prohibition, NSD What next?

You dont have to fp doc you know...

Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    You dont have to fp doc you know...
    FP soldier = get capped fullauto from soldiers through AMS.
    FP soldier = 100% deathrate vs NTs.
    FP soldier = 40s of zero defense, always.
    FP soldier = hai engineer, reflect ripper plx. Kthxbai.
    FP soldier = Whoops, crap, I'm rooted, now I can't cast my deroot nano's to get out fast.

I won't even start about other mimics at TL7 pvp

PS: Agent nemesis profs -->
    • MA (red dusk + stuns + damage),
    • trader (GTH = bai heals), doc+any other prof (bai fast heals, die alr.),
    • soldier if they use the CH blocker designed as a hot-blocker before AMSing ,
    • shades if they get a stun in and have a clue,
    • CRATS hate them (Living Enbalming --> use Free Movement to CH --> get stunned with that @#$&*@&* unbreakable stunproc that lasts 10s and you can go grab a drink while you die, can't do crap during it anyway.).
    • Fixers with a clue? I dunno, at 214 I died to fixers with a clue every time but then again, that's 214. (force agent to CH, perks + AS + burst + fling + stunperk as we are about to get out of CH recharge + FA and down we go).
    • MP if they manage to eNSD us. Can't perk em anyway so they won't have much troubles with us... Profession with the highest passive evades, that isn't even an official evade prof, ftw. Don't forget the blockers ^^
    Last edited by Lupusceleri; Dec 18th, 2007 at 10:35:55.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants

Evade~NR 2 trox agent ftw. I won't even bother getting the new nanos, just not worth it. Truth is agents aren't weak at all if you play'em right, but lately the other profs got a lot of lubbin while we haven't. Mimic remover? wth is that...my only problem is mimic doc running out to fast, why the hell would I want to remove it on purpose? Not to mention the nano skills that it requires...also, a new root that works just like the old one? So why bother...

Best choice for agents atm is not to focus on an AR setup, becouse whatever you get on, it's not going to be able to compete with the AR of a keeper or soldier for instance.
    All I would ask for is for a bit shorter charge time on some perks, maybe some modifications to the end-game perks of agents. Let's face it,the perks that dash out real dmg are almost never used in pvp ( assasinate for example ) . And those that are take forever to land. Asside from CS and PS, most of the agent perks are pretty much useless.

Rant over...

Bottom line is,I love agents and they are still pretty painful to fight, but if this keeps heading in the same direction as it is atm, agents will soon be hugging shades in the *useless* category while already overpowered professions (mp/sold/keep/adv) keep getting love!
    Proud member of Spartans

Syrock - 220/20 Soldier
    Bambooocha - 220/21 Agent
    Xtralmofo - 220/30 Enforcer
    Cosmopolitan - 218/16 Keeper
    Nemessys - 212/10 Shade
    Eyann -174/14 Trader
    Daihard - 170/15 Fixer
    Spet - 184/13 Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Syrock View Post
    already overpowered professions (mp) keep getting love!
    Haha, this sounds sooooooooooooooo freaking weird

Perhaps, but it's kinda true...try perking Teoretik and you'll get my point!
    Proud member of Spartans

Syrock - 220/20 Soldier
    Bambooocha - 220/21 Agent
    Xtralmofo - 220/30 Enforcer
    Cosmopolitan - 218/16 Keeper
    Nemessys - 212/10 Shade
    Eyann -174/14 Trader
    Daihard - 170/15 Fixer
    Spet - 184/13 Adventurer

or ANY mp using the new shield lol
    MPs needed love but suddenly becoming the prof with highest passive defence in the game is absurd...add Master's Binding wich rocks, Tigress(need I say more?), blockers on top of that and you have REAL LOVE. I never had anything against MPs, let them have some love but i say it's too much now
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Perhaps, but it's kinda true...try perking Teoretik and you'll get my point!
    any AR prof(AR setup agent for example) will creampie Teo. Maybe not in a duel but on BS certainly.

Best choice for agents atm is not to focus on an AR setup, becouse whatever you get on, it's not going to be able to compete with the AR of a keeper or soldier for instance.
    what kind of train of thought is it. Agents evade setup actually becomes useless for exact that reason. Youre not gonna evade any good people just because they have that much AR. The only case when its not true is if youre MR trox with wit, and those 300 dodge make evade setup oh so much more valuable.
    I am currently evade setup, but it is only because I'm setup specifically for BS, where 90% of deaths are due to outside interferance. Well and the fact that Rk1 has nubs like Darkmanxreb and H888 that have troubles landing a sizeable fullauto. :P

But i do realise that if i want to duel or succesfully fight people such as Teo i would need to switch to an AR setup.

relax about the mp shield it's only works 5 time and it's not geting refreshed...

back on topic yes i dont get the "improvment" of those new "cool" nano , puting the scope required to use them make me loose more than what i am wining.... maybe with ruse of taren i could reset concealment dunno i got likely 2900 conceal with ruse 3
    but i maybe see the issue for FC dev teams , basicly most of us want differant things, so even if they wanted to pleased us (that i really doubt i think we are buf tools only for em ) it must be hard.
    Awarded 1 pts:
    You have received a warning at Anarchy Online Bulletin Board
    Awarded 1pts:
    You have received an infraction at Anarchy Online Bulletin Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast