Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 170 Agent twink

170 Agent twink

No threads about this in the first two pages so I decided to make a new one. My agent is an up and coming 170 twink but I have not much of a clue about perks and some part of the equip

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=88808

That is what I've come up for so far, aruls will be level 150 hp/nano/nr sabas

(doing a Max HP setup as you can see)

Few questions:

1.why does going max hp mean u cant stay full def? If you ip nano init surely u can cast CH+ubt at full defence?

2. Shroud/pelisse/perfected tank?

3.What do I use in ring slot no.2?

4.Anything better in wrist slots I can use apart from sabas? (Bearing in mind that I am NOT a evade setup)

5. Is my perk setup ok? CS is obviously a must have and also genius 2 but the other perks i though black ops would be nice for pinpoint strike as its a nice dmg perk with 1s attack time. Last 2 perks in sharpshooter for Snipe shot1: its gay attack time but decent dmg.

6.Any better utils/hud items i should be using?

7. Any better deck items I should be using?

8. Implant config ok or should i be swapping symbs/imps in any of the slots?

9. 2xVTE or the 40 AR from the sacrficial ensigns? Since im keeping the left arm aad implant anyway should i go for more defence or more AR?

Thanks for your time guys
    Last edited by Romaas; Nov 27th, 2007 at 22:45:46.

in back I'd prefer SoDN. in r arm and l arm I'd prefer AAO imps (good twink will perk u easy and no reasons to be afraid of gimps). it will make u easier to perk high-evade profs. in right hand symb of course, dunno why did u decide to put there imp. rather good choise to put to ear imp. to 1st NCU slot I'd prefer morphing memory. NR ftw.
    about perks: I will call u hero if u got 24 AI perks on 170. already forgot which perk lines I used on 170 but agents using sharpshooter line are very rare: Snipe Shot 1 Attack time 5s - very slow.

Why shroud though? Its a good backpiece no doubting but you haven't really given any reason why its better than the others. At the moment since Im opifex im leaning towards the alien tank because of more HP+ a bit of AR.

The right hand is hard because its a bitch to get a 220 right hand symb in and the next one down is ql 170... I suppose losing a bit of AS and gaining nanoskills+treat is a worthwhile sacrifice.

At tl5 its possible to get enough evades on ANY profession to stop gimps with less than 1.4k AR to perk you, it makes a lot of difference trust me when 4 people are bashing you and only one can perk you.

AI levels arent an issue as ai 18 is easy to get and thats all I really need, the extra perks will go into Made for extra evades etc.

I know snipe shot is very slow, no need to say it again, what Im asking is what I should put the last 2 perks into INSTEAD.

Ok just realised artillery ear is next to useless as it add tutoring and map nav, will change to an implant.

My most pressing questions still need answering though..

You'll be full agg or atleast close to it in mimic doc to insta CH/UBT, not saying mimic doc is bad because of it, but you can scrap any plans of being full def.

That said, this does not mean your defence against perks are worse, they don't take agg/def bar into account at all, but debuffs, regular hits and specials like burst/FA will usually land.

Shroud or alien tank is whatever you prefer really, in mimic doc the 50 NR on shroud won't really help you alot, dodge and runspeed is nice though, 25AR from alien tank is also sweet.
    Veil I'd use only if the nanoskills on it pushed you over the top of using CH with Crown of Frost running. That makes NTs a much smaller issue for you, and they're common at tl5 nowadays.

Rings... the nanoskill AI rings are fine if the nanoskills helps you do something you couldn't do without it, AAO ring or Ringlet of Black Panther Whiskers also works, whatever you choose it's not gonna make or break you, only the ofab ring is a given choice.

I went for infantry 2 with my 2 spare perks, APshot transforms pinpoint from a mediocre perk into a kickass one, queue up soften up/APshot/Concussive/Pinpoint/Fuzz/Nanofeast in that order and AS when concussive hits is how you will kill docs that you can't UBT. APshot is fairly slow though so you might not wanna use it vs people who can fire up cocoon before the rest of your alpha hits. You're better off just stunning with CS right off the bat vs them.

I'd get a comm relay for hud, it helped me out alot atleast, biomaterial defence shield if you want to try the dodge thing. Wen-wen from albtraum is actually pretty good (100 add all off for 2 minutes), you can only use it every 30 minutes though

Deck, I found myself lacking ncu often when I tried to fit a couple OSBs and still be able to use concentration, and improved nano repulsor vs nothing at all didn't seem to make the slightest difference. I didn't resist crap, end of story So I'd go without MM and get a 4th infused yutto.

Adonis brain, definately. And I think you can get the 210 right hand symb in without much trouble. Implant in ear like you said, concealment shouldn't be an issue so I'd rather have nanocost in bright slot.

Ensigns are pretty sweet imo, atleast was for me since I wasn't trying to get any evades, go for a sided pad or globe of sufferance in the other shouder though.
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing

I dont see why I cant go full def still.... infused VC will cancel out mimic nano init and the nano init I use ip one surely will allow me to insta ubt+CH at 50% at least?

Oo i knew AP shot was worth something, kk perking infnatry 2 for sure then

Alb might be going a bit far XD and for AR, if i cant perk them they're probably a Ma or fixer and they die to AS easily enough.

Just realised that art brain is a POS, can we fp symbs on XD? Will get ado brain instead, the crit+ nano c init is a lot better than the symb.

Right hand now... will this need a lot of twinking? Instinct says it will since i had enough trouble getting a 200 brain on my nt. 1342 treat without the right hand treat will be a pain, abilities wont be a problem though i guess?

"if i cant perk them they're probably a Ma or fixer and they die to AS easily enough"
    0o have u ever been in tl5 pvp? u do rly think MA/fix will w8 45 sec till u make 4 AS to kill them? do u think u will perk adv easy? or good NT

i have 4 toons at tl5, only thing that can kill my ma is AS, fixers I see die regularly to AS since they dont have the heals to outheal it. With 1.6k AR on my MA theres nothing i cant perk unless its a fixer or another MA with limber/dof up. Nts are perkable a lot easier than those professions...

Sounds like you dont know that much about tl5 pvp mate

P.S. not everyone runs away in BS or /afk

P.P.S. Agents have roots

The good fixers own agents in doc, and can take quite a few aimed shots

Might be nice to have nano skills so that you can CH while being under CoF+BM incompetence btw
    RK2
    Boem 220/30 Opi Agent
    Geseeff 165/20 Soli NT
    Animalsk 170/21 Soli ranged adv
    Geseeff2 150/20 Soli Agent

Surovi1: enf dead in like 10 secunds
    Toxicrush: show me
    Surovi1: i no time for that

900 Nanoinit to insta CH full agg, 1100 to insta it at 50/50, 1500 to insta at full def.

Buffed with comp attribute, greater predator and instinctive control, your setup modified with adonis brain will give you 927 nanoinit in mimic.
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

Yeah, absolutely NO way to insta CH in full def. Even with OS and IC.
    Vaalena o'Vipersting
    AO through my looking glass: opatl, odam, sfl

All righty then... I will keep my dark humour for brighter people.

Quote of the moment: "We put FU in FUN" Agent Arlanon

doh ok so no instacast, ill stick with max hp+ ncu then.

Am I not going to have enough nanoskills to cast CH with CoF+BM incompetence on me? Calculating quickly I would need 140+115+20=275 BM over what I need which is 795 so I would need 1070 BM oO. That even possible? Well of course it is but does this mean I have to use a comm relay?

Atm Im worried about how much hp Ill have in doc. My setup shows 4.5k ish and missing aruls will make that 5k around that. LC+sup omni med gives another 2k which means Ill have 7k from that. Will opifex have 3k+ hp base at 170?
    Last edited by Romaas; Nov 27th, 2007 at 16:14:57.

You'll need a comm relay for sure, which isn't terrible considering the lack of other goodies to put in hud3. A 150+ massive cannon turret is also a good bet, and most likely some other stuff too. Despite what Geseeff might tell you, I couldn't do it when I was 170
    I was trox and not really twinked though.
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

Well CoNC will add like another 70, i guess I should perk that first over COHA while im still gaining ai levels. partnered with the comm relay Ill have another 100 nanoskills. The setup also gives me about 300ish nanoskills. Anyone know base BM of opifex XD?

forecast doesnt seem good lol, looks like im going to have to resort to hiding after killing an nt if they crown me. And in a group battle with more than 2vs me, well im screwed it seems XD
    Last edited by Romaas; Nov 27th, 2007 at 16:28:49.

"With 1.6k AR on my MA theres nothing i cant perk unless its a fixer or another MA with limber/dof up."
    sounds like u PvPed only against lvl 120 froobs. saw lots of NTs, advs, fixers and MAs (w/o limber/dof up) that can't be perked with 1500-1600 AR
    PS: if u're so clever, ubah, have tons of tl5 toons and know so much about tl5 pvp what the heck are u asking advices here?

because ive never had a tl5 agent?

Made a few adjustments. Btw another few questions:

1. How much concealement will I realistically need? 600 from ruse 3 will put me at about 1.4k conceal, can advys see me? Or should I just stop putting ips into conceal now?

2. How much will I realistically be able to CH? 4-5 times?

3. Will I have enough AR to perk most people with that setup?

I have 1150~ Perception selfed on my fixer and it's not maxed...

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

if u go with an hp/ -nanocost setup, u should be able to CH bout 7 times or more depending on how far you take it (and breed) that's if you don't use any nano stims and just CH until your bar is gone. But on top of that you have regain nano, nano firstaid kits, and battle prepaired nano recharger.
    main characters on RK1: Kingduck138 220 Engi Mongoose135 170 Agent Nnivekccub 165 Engi Kingduck135 170 Soldier Mongoose831 160 Agent Healdocheal 150 Doc Atroxshade 130 Shade Nanottwink 130 NT Mongoose144 125 Agent Ducktroxjr 117 Fixer Eternalguard 65 Enf Boringname 61 Fixer Kingduck139 60 Eng Atheist 60 MA Mongoose142 30 DocMongoose138 15 Agent Mongoose141 21 Agent

so im looking at 9-10 CHs before Im totally out. KK that sounds like plenty. Should I be aiming at capped nanocost or is that not possible at this level? Because in that setup I have there I will have -31% cost, but in fp it iwll be reduced to -16% only. Should I use -nanocost in left arm instead of MM? Or do I need the nanoskills more?

agent is 160 now and Im worried about ip expenditure. I dont see how Im going to max all evades/nano init/NR/sharp obj/perception/rspeed

Are evades and NR kind of worthless since Im a max hp setup?

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast