Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 170 Agent twink

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby View Post
    You must think that CS stun lasts much longer than it actually does. Landing SU+PPS+HT+CA inside CS stun?
    *measures his epeen* mmm still a bit small for this conversation but since I do have some exerience with stun alphas...

You press q and start one or two fast perks before your stun then finish your alpha and AS. Most people don't start healing themselves until they see their hp drop, and lag/server sync and player reaction time is your friend here. Doing your stun first in a stun alpha is a waste of 1-2 seconds of stun imo. I don't have CS on my agent yet so I haven't found the best timing for agents yet, but I imagine it still works.

Another thing you have on your side is when people heal themselves they often just assume it works. Often they don't start spamming heal unless they know they are stunned or suspect they might be about to be stunned. I've noticed that tl5 agent stun ganks usually incite panic and irrational thought (being a victim myself), the advantage is yours. Just figure out the right timing.
    Last edited by Neco; Dec 5th, 2007 at 21:09:07.
    Necosileo, Pimpin Kingpin of Rimor
    Retired President of Alpha Omega

Buff Begging 101
    All your thread are belong to me

Neco is right, using CS right at the start of your alpha can get you nowhere...at tl7 i do TS/concentration/fling/AS/stack Tranq and Fuzz and CS, Soften and stack PPS with Called Shot just to make sure target gets another blow of dmg if "initial" alpha leaves him with like 5% hp...it works great on docs, however a 1 second delay can mean a failed alpha
    Even dropped good docs using this and a few enfs
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Talking about tl5 showoff atm my alpha is:

conc/AS/tranq/APS/Soften/PPS/CS/Fuzz/Nano feast/AS/spam gumboils or lava caps

anything i can improve?

Do soften up before APS to queue perks better, and I doubt (dont think) you can fit two AS's in on that, so lose the first one.

I'd go with the following for an "alpha" (not a gank, too slow imo :x) at TL5.

Soften Up
    Armor Piercing Shot
    Tranq
    Concentration
    Pinpoint Strike
    Concussive Shot
    Aimed Shot & Fling(if razorback, cobra)
    Fuzz
    Nano Feast
    Gumboils/capsules/dimach
    Last edited by Intake; Dec 8th, 2007 at 16:07:02.

oooook, but then they have more warning of me attacking them since APS takes fooking ages to go off. Thats decent for killing docs and stuff though since a fast alpha is needed to kill them.

What about a gank from sneak alpha?

Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    oooook, but then they have more warning of me attacking them since APS takes fooking ages to go off. Thats decent for killing docs and stuff though since a fast alpha is needed to kill them.
    What I said you press Q and start queue'n those perks, since most expect hardcore damage from the start from an agent, if you do this there will be nothing to heal until APS lands then maybe theyll heal from normals/su/tranq/aps then all your fast perks, stun and AS go off...i use similar at TL7 except I use The Shot instead of APS.

What about a gank from sneak alpha?
    Ganks I just use conc/as/su/pps/cs/fuzz/nanofeast & dimach...but ofcourse, TL7 again...though that coud kill depending what it is you're fighting.

What intake posted is what I'd use against docs, it gives the best possible damage during the CS stun. It does take awhile after "Attacked by" until the real damage starts though, so against people with cocoon and TMS I prefer to stun right away before they get those defences up.
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing

oki so if i go against sold/keep/enf/ adv best thing would be to lay in as much dmg as possible in the shortest amount of time?

docs since they have no damage mitigation tools i can wait for an alpha to build up?

Yes. Agent in doc vs agent in doc I would also stun right away though, if you don't they will stun+ubt you instead and that really mess things up

You don't need a great alpha to kill an agent in doc as long as you land ubt, which was never a problem for me.

(All my comments referring to tl5 btw)
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing

ye ive found this a lot in BS, i ubt and stun one agent and another comes up my ass and does the same to me

Intake's alpha perk queue seems more effective indeed but some tl5 docs simply hover the free movement to remove stun hehe so they might see what's coming
    have you tried full auto at that level? for swapping a Booster? I remember using it ONLY on docs and doing a magnificent job!
    also it's best to include UBT in your hotbar...include UBT in every alpha if you go doc. It's a killer at every title level rly
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

i always ubt everything when i alpha them so yeah, because it doesnt affect perk execution.

No ip for FA and the only agent Ive seen doing it on BS is crashspy and he can only do an effective gank every 7 minutes. And hes crap anyway

i always ubt everything when i alpha them so yeah, because it doesnt affect perk execution.

No ip for FA and the only agent Ive seen doing it on BS is crashspy and he can only do an effective gank every 7 minutes. And hes crap anyway
    I can swap ql200 Booster, but I strongly recommend against it. It's useless and a huge ip sink.

Quote Originally Posted by ithacana View Post
    I can swap ql200 Booster, but I strongly recommend against it. It's useless and a huge ip sink.
    it wasn't useless pre-LE when my agent was 170 i can't speak about it now in relation to tl5 tho but i'm guessing FA doesn't land as it used too
    I still use booster at 220 and against docs/enfs it does miracles imo nothing is more exciting then alphaing a 220 enf in CS stun thanks to a capped AS and FA from booster <3
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

I had booster frm 150 to 220, I reset it after a month of using it at TL7 from missing docs, enfs, and other non-evade profs with maxed fullauto and chose dimach instead (I'm not one of those that can find IP to put EVERYWHERE sadly, coughDrtistcough )

Quote Originally Posted by ithacana View Post
    Agreed, my agent went back into PR to lose that after a week of using it.

Razorback will give you a lot more reliable alpha.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Personally I think a 250 cobra Mk6 is a great option to razorback. Dmg is very close: 229-467 (229) - Poison AC vs 10-550 (225) - Projectile AC for the Gargantua.
    So crit on the cobra is 467+229=696
    And GG= 550+225=775.
    10 ish % lead there for the Gg. But bear in mind that the Cobra has alot higher MBS. So you'll get a few pts more dmg there.
    The cobra is also a tiny bit faster in all and ofcourse you can have capped AS with it if you twink hard.

The Gg is ofcourse better against ppl with absorbs. But then the cobra is way way better when you don't have concentration up due to way higher min dmg.

is 250 cobra even possible?

I tried calcing it quickly but came up a bit over 100 points short

BIG QUESTION
    Can I go omni and get the sided pads+ then switch back to clan? And will they de equip if i zone when I'm clan or go OE or w/e?

ALSO if i go omni and turn back to clan, will i still have my tokens when i go back to clan?

BIG QUESTION
    Can I go omni and get the sided pads+ then switch back to clan? And will they de equip if i zone when I'm clan or go OE or w/e?

ALSO if i go omni and turn back to clan, will i still have my tokens when i go back to clan?
    I think yes to the first question, but why? Get a VTE/GoS/T3 agent pad (Tl5 enfs use T3 pads too)?

Second question, that depends on the manner you switch sides. If you use a normal app form you will lose your tokens, if you use an undercover kit (the ones also used to go neut) to go omni and then back to clan you will not lose your tokens. Just can't use the clan board while being omni. I think
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast