Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Engine Update Update

well, I may be aiming high on my hopes, but when my GPU is utilized finally, I'm expecting at least 30FPS in pande raids on max settings...
    (that's gonna pwn cuz atm I get 12FPS on lowest settings.)
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRmk0hZam7A

lets hope this helps people get an idea of whats coming - and yes, this video is official
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

Quote Originally Posted by jorricane View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRmk0hZam7A

lets hope this helps people get an idea of whats coming - and yes, this video is official
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=519499

this thread has links to higher quality videos.

however, if its too slow for people, i do have a mirror of the 720p available if needed...

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Quote Originally Posted by Hafthorr View Post
    Dont underestimate what a single coder can do when they throw him into a 6 year old codebase of "something" he never saw in his life, and most of original coders are nowhere to be found.

hey someone had to be the bringer of bad news :P
    Seems they managed to eitherway
    It clearly looks like Age of Conan's engine.
    Funcom is killing 2 birds with 1 stone by using the same base system for multiple MMO's.
    And keep in mind, they got another MMO coming up :P
    I bet they're building an inhouse MMO factory

Edit: Seems sil mentioned somewhere it's not AoC's engine. In that case, I'm struck senseless.
    The similarity is insane and I can't imagine having 2 teams doing paralel development on the same base towards the same goal O.o.
    It's quite common knowledge AoC was based of AO's base system. (aka Dreamworld Engine)
    Last edited by Vhaxx; Jan 20th, 2008 at 09:42:01.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    The similarity is insane and I can't imagine having 2 teams doing paralel development on the same base towards the same goal O.o.
    It's quite common knowledge AoC was based of AO's base system. (aka Dreamworld Engine)
    yes but do you realllllly believe that AO would be so easily portable as to accept a full-out brand-spanking new engine, in a sense? I mean, we're talking about a game where fixing penumbra quest timers results in the fgrid teleporting you up levels backwards [although that'll never be said, im sure it's not a strech to believe]. It seems they are working with what they can, avoiding the spaghetti code of teams of developers past, which is really all we can expect and should hope for.

Not that I'm complaining - progress is progress wherever it may occur

Quote Originally Posted by Threeze View Post
    yes but do you realllllly believe that AO would be so easily portable as to accept a full-out brand-spanking new engine, in a sense? I mean, we're talking about a game where fixing penumbra quest timers results in the fgrid teleporting you up levels backwards [although that'll never be said, im sure it's not a strech to believe]. It seems they are working with what they can, avoiding the spaghetti code of teams of developers past, which is really all we can expect and should hope for.

Not that I'm complaining - progress is progress wherever it may occur
    Thing is, AoC's engine is not a "full-out brand-spanking new engine", it's a continued version of AO's engine.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

They may share some historic codebase somewhere, but AoC's engine and AO's are very different from what's been said by FC, and AOs new engine is a seperately developed piece of code. I dare say some of the expertise gained writing the AoC engine was of use though
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12