Thread: Clicksaver on Linux - Howto

Clicksaver on Linux - Howto

- For Clicksaver you need a script called winetricks.sh, you can get it HERE
    - To run the script you extract it and type: ./winetricks from the commandshell (maybe you have to do chmod +x to make it executable)
    - From the menu install: vbrun60 (maybe the corefonts are helpful too incase your chat looks garbled in AO)
    - Copy msvcp60.dll from your \windows\system32 folder to /home/username/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32/
    - Make a launcher on your desktop with the command: wine /home/username/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/clicksaver242/Clicksaver.exe and run it. The database and settings file should be in wine /home/username/ I have not been able to alter this (yet).

That should be it. It works ok in fullscreen mode which is the only way I get AO to run unfortunately (I'd prefer windowed mode). Sometimes it will stop clicking, but just hit the 'request missions' button again and it will continue.

Hope this helps.

Surfs.

Ps. This was done on Linux Mint 4.0
    Last edited by surfs; Mar 2nd, 2008 at 10:42:02.
    Yesterday is history,tomorrow is a mystery but today is a gift: that's why they call it 'Present'!.

Wow :-)

I think you just made the day brighter for a lot of linux user. Thumbs up for howto

*running off to test*

Nice one indeed
    AO Universe By Players, For Players! Gameplay/Quests/Locations Guides, News, Articles, Columns, AO Launcher Skins, Wallpapers, Maps, Utilities, Friendly Forums and the #1 Roleplaying Source for the community!

Glad to hear it helps. Clicksaver has made me avoid running AO on Linux, now it wont anymore
    AO itself runs perfect with Wine these days, which is awsome.

Surfs.
    Yesterday is history,tomorrow is a mystery but today is a gift: that's why they call it 'Present'!.

great Surfs :P

AO itself runs perfect with Wine these days
    lets hope, it will also run fine with the new dx9 engine ^^

I've been trying to make this work by following the above instructions, but with no success. Clicksaver starts, but 1) if I press "Start buying agent" button, nothing happens on AO screen and 2) if I "manually" press the "request missions" button in AO, nothing is displayed in the clicksaver window. Did anyone succeed in this?
    Xinos - TL 7 Engineer (RK2)
    Catrama - TL 7 Fixer (RK2)

bump, anyone?
    Xinos - TL 7 Engineer (RK2)
    Catrama - TL 7 Fixer (RK2)

I still get crashes in the hooking library when I try and run clicksaver with wine and get the same symptoms as you do.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

I cant run Ao on Ubuntu 8.04 using wine... any suggestions?
    Rkanper 220/30 Keeper

Proud Member of Serendipity

hmm , nvm it works Ok on Full Screen mode. but still have some issues on open zones. Works well on inside zones like shops tho.

Anyone had that problem before?

Edit: check it out here http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/9020/scrn0217mu9.png
    Last edited by IamRkan; Jun 28th, 2008 at 15:55:14.
    Rkanper 220/30 Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by IamRkan View Post
    omg that's one cluttered GUI
    no, can't say I have had a cluttered GUI problem.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

well : S i tried everythingy

open for ideas
    Rkanper 220/30 Keeper

well : S i tried everythingy

open for ideas
    Ok look, if you want help, ESPECIALLY if you want help with Linux outside these forums, you really need to be more informative.

What graphics card do you have, what drivers what you using, what kernel version, what version of Wine, etc etc etc?
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

hmm , nvm it works Ok on Full Screen mode. but still have some issues on open zones. Works well on inside zones like shops tho.
    I had the same problem and fixed it by disabling "offscreen surface technology" from the control center.

Hope it helps.

i still cannot get clicksaver to run on ubuntu 8.04. AO runs fine with wine, but clicksaver just wont run, even following this guide. and by "it wont run" i LITTERALLY mean, IT WONT RUN! i try opening clicksaver using the wine program manager, and i get no response from the system on if it ran it or not, no errors, no nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by surfs View Post
    That should be it. It works ok in fullscreen mode which is the only way I get AO to run unfortunately (I'd prefer windowed mode).
    If I recall correctly, you can set up wine to run with a "wine desktop" of a given size. Any fullscreen application will be "full screen" within the wine desktop window. It can be shuffled around like any other window.
    Any other programs run via wine would also be run on this desktop window, though. But it's nice when you want to switch between AO and a web browser, for instance.
    This isn't directly related to the topic in the OP, but I thought I should mention it none the less.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

I realize this is a super old thread, but everything online in searches and other forums point back to this thread, so I was hoping to get some info that might help me out.

I can get Clicksaver (2.3.2) and Clicksaver (3.0.0) to run in Wine 1.1.33 (Ubuntu 9.10). But when I try and start the buying agent, it tells me that AO isn't running, when it obviously is, since I'm in-game! Fullscreen mode does nothing, assuming because it thinks that AO isn't running.

Anyone had any luck getting Clicksaver to run with the most recent AO patch in Linux?

Quote Originally Posted by Fletche View Post
    I realize this is a super old thread, but everything online in searches and other forums point back to this thread, so I was hoping to get some info that might help me out.

I can get Clicksaver (2.3.2) and Clicksaver (3.0.0) to run in Wine 1.1.33 (Ubuntu 9.10). But when I try and start the buying agent, it tells me that AO isn't running, when it obviously is, since I'm in-game! Fullscreen mode does nothing, assuming because it thinks that AO isn't running.

Anyone had any luck getting Clicksaver to run with the most recent AO patch in Linux?
    I haven't tried it with the most recent patch but when I used to use Clicksaver you had to start AO (windowed mode is fine) in wine then Clicksaver in wine, ensuring the wineprefix is the same AND ensuring you're running both as the same user.

For example, the guide for being able to patch AO without using an old patcher hack, which no longer works with the new DB, goes through how to set up AO with wine so that the patcher works and gives a script of how to start AO with wine for patching.

Both wine sessions have to be sharing the same environment otherwise the internal running processes of one will not be seen by the other.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    ensuring the wineprefix is the same
    This was my problem. It's working now. Thank you.