Thread: New PvP Instance

New PvP Instance

AO is the only mmo I have ever played, and I have played it for the past 5 years. But lately I have been looking at other mmo's, just to see what else is out there. While playing AO for this long, I think I enjoy PvM more than PvP. This was not always the case, but I think the amount of hostile nanos and debuffs along with the drastic changes that some professions have gone through are what did it. What would be a great change of pace is an outside PvP area that isnt towers. It needs to be setup just like BS as far as the queue and how many people are allowed to enter. I think a desert type area would be cool, idk just my 2 cents I guess, if anyone wants to add their ideas be my guest.

Overall goal of the area should be to learn from the BS and improve upon what is lacks.
    First on RK1 to see a girl naked.
    Sliceu 220/18 Shade (Opi)

Quote Originally Posted by Con View Post
    It needs to be setup just like BS as far as the queue and how many people are allowed to enter.
    Noooooooooooooooooo *breath* oooooooooooo!!!

For the love of God, never use that queueing system again! It TOTALLY kills off battlestation at lower levels (except 150) and it will do the same here. In all honesty, the arenas work well for open PvP, they could just do with a few more people in them (i.e. more than 0).

New PvP areas and layouts would be fun if done properly, for example no maximum level to avoid twinks just normal PvP restrictions on who can attack who. Could you imagine if the max level twinks on the battlestation couldn't attack people out of their level range? Other toons would actually have a use.

Just... if this is implimented, don't use that f'n queue system.
    Hello and welcome to The Internet. Please leave your common sense, decency and humanity with the doorman. Have a nice stay.

Squad Commander and resident Shade of When I Grow Up

Is your GUI getting in the way of playing AO?
    Do you want to be able to take screenshots quickly and easily without hotbars, wings and chat windows getting in the way?
    Are you getting tired of that blue colour scheme?
    Try using my Uncluttered GUI!

It would be empty just as every other place.
    Its PvP attitude in this game that has to be changed imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne View Post
    Yep, Will to Fight, Tara, Towers all showed how much people actually want to pvp :/
    Looking Uber > Being Uber

Meh FC should just generally lower the gas all over RK (like the good ol' days etc) to make things interesting. Not that there's much traffic but it would certainly make traveling more hazardous in case you meet someone. Pull the trigger or run?

Or even better, make brink areas in SL 25%?
    220 Crat, 216 MP, 174 Trader, 165 Shade

There should be something that would stop PvP being secluded boys club made of 220/30/70ies with all the possible gear or billions worth twinks.
    I am sure more people would venture in PvP then. As it is most players just get disheartened with "farm gear and l2p" and never give it another try.

ao is actually very carebear about pvp.
    ive played a couple other mmorpg's and found the pvp to be alot of fun even though when u go up against better equiped rich guys its fact u have no chance at all.

one games spin on player killing was fun.
    after the low level zones once u step across u are in the higher leveling zones where pvp and player killing is allowed.so while u level u gotta watch ur back for way higher level dudes wiping whole teams.

but.. each player u kill puts u in the minus standing with your faction and guards and shops in cities so you can work off ur debt for pk'ing by killing mobs for xp or paying fines or just camping and let the clock tick out.

oh and when u have pk status anyone can kill u without any penalties

so in reality if some guy is annoying u while ur leveling you can take some lumps out of him but at a price that someone else will get u after.

anyway thats a rough idea of this others games pvp scene. i liked it so theres my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne View Post
    bump. Already plenty (well, ok, more never killed anyone...or did it) of nice PvP areas that can be roamed solo because there is no one there...

I used to be big on MMORPG PvP, but lately I have pretty much completely withdrawn from it when I inevitably realized that MMORPG PvP rarely takes into account player skill, that usually the better geared players win, which results in the below statement.

Quote Originally Posted by kaylinne View Post
    there should be something that would stop pvp being secluded boys club made of 220/30/70ies with all the possible gear or billions worth twinks.
    I am sure more people would venture in pvp then. As it is most players just get disheartened with "farm gear and l2p" and never give it another try.
    qft.

Just add single use phatz at the end ala Tara/Alb sorta.

((Yes I realize this will cause it to be farmed by people who ccl about pvp))
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Well people still do the battlestation, I'm sure if they did add a new area, and not just WtF and towers. How about capture the flag with some areas that snare anyone that goes through it or maybe has some npc's mixed in also like snare turrets in arid rift that slow ppl down and whatnot. Be creative, use what is already made, mix NW, AI, Nerveta all together, just do something cause BS is lame but ppl do still do it.
    First on RK1 to see a girl naked.
    Sliceu 220/18 Shade (Opi)

Quote Originally Posted by torakx View Post
    but.. each player u kill puts u in the minus standing with your faction and guards and shops in cities so you can work off ur debt for pk'ing by killing mobs for xp or paying fines or just camping and let the clock tick out.

oh and when u have pk status anyone can kill u without any penalties
    I think this kind of system could be easily implemented to AO, add a new "faction bar" which, when low enough, would perma-flag you. When high enough, grant a little XP bonus or such.
    220 Crat, 216 MP, 174 Trader, 165 Shade