Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Agent Wish-List Priorities

Agent Wish-List Priorities

Please refer to the Agent Wish-list before posting here.

This thread is intended for feedback on the wish-list, which doesn't involve specific wishes themselves, but more the priorities the community would like to be placed on the wishes.

If there is something anyone would like to see increased in the priority list then please mention it here

If on the other hand there is something you'd rather not see on the wish-list then please refer to the thread associated with that topic and discuss it in there.

So you know that I've factored in your latest feedback, I'll edit each post with the sole intent to add 'Last edited by Ebondevil. Reason: Updated Wishlist bearing Priorities in Mind' I will not make any other changes, I'll be doing this to keep this list as clean as possible, it will act as a note to for me that I've dealt with your priorities and so you know the wishlist is as up to date as possible.
    Last edited by Ebondevil; Apr 29th, 2008 at 18:45:42.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Wish list looks like made by FC dev crew and they will be happy

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    Just as there are other professions that we would also think long and hard about improving their PVP abilities, agents fall into that category.
    Pretty much sums it up from my point of view.

If I had my own wishlist I would have only 3 topics:

1) Revamping perks!

2) Something to make def setups bit more viable: more added AAD to Ruse lines, access to Crat motivation speeches.

3) Way to deal with all debuffs: added NR, bail nanos working like rage removing hostile effects, virus scanners removing all proc debuffs/gths/crat init debuffs.
    Last edited by Ebondevil; Apr 28th, 2008 at 20:34:20. Reason: Updated Wishlist bearing Priorities in Mind

More Holograms
    Was last

I think Assassinate could do without any % requirements.

And yes to a sort of defense.
    Agent-pvp evolves too much around CH, to the extent that agent-repetoir does too.

I wanna see agent best described as this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    a very lethal Direct damage profession
    Make it into 1 buff with some additional buffs. Since Kyr has 2 procs I assume a nano can too.

I suggested new add damage nanos, short and long term, instead of new pvm- rifle.
    It's more sensible based on the offical agent description.

Great list Ebon!

My wishes
    1. Damage-capacity (via perks, nanos etc...not nessesarly new rifle)
    2. Content...this includes FP-ability, holo's and the entertainment that comes with the profession. Of course it has pvm/pvp-bonuses.
    3. Profession specific defense enhanced. (Bail/Space nanos or with perk-actions)
    4. Support for other agent-strenghts, like giving us more perception, more crit into sharpshooter line etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggysmallz View Post
    bail nanos working like rage removing hostile effects,
    Or having them buff more skills that gets debuffed? Like +inits etc...

Mainly what I wanna see is agent returning more to the artillery role whilst keeping the FP-ability for practical purposes and entertainment.
    It's basicly just CH that has a major impact on us in pvp via FP, I don't like it. Most else is osb'able or add minor bonuses.

Fixes to our perks/give us new rifles to compete with PE with a touch of profession-specific defence. Voila'

And yes,
    Devs can nerf CH all they wan't if they do that
    Last edited by monique; May 4th, 2008 at 11:27:25. Reason: Updated Wishlist bearing Priorities in Mind

my wishes

1/ some aad/nr buffs
    2/ reduces timers on some perks and %, more stunts or snares
    3/ access to more nanos during fp
    Last edited by Ebondevil; Apr 29th, 2008 at 18:42:29. Reason: Updated Wishlist bearing Priorities in Mind
    Lleila Fix
    Lleilaa Age
    Merneldo Crat
    Llarage

¡No Pa$arAn!

My top 3 priorities. Though, i have a hard time to decide between the first two.

1. Perks
    Lower execution time. You know which ones.

2. Increased access to nano formulas available through mimic, access to more RK nano formulas and access to some SL nano formulas.
    Absolutely! More utility for us in teams, perhaps even an alternative form of defence to doc in PvP if we don't want to play the one-trick-CH-pony?

3. Reducing the ability by other professions to execute high or successful Aimed Shots, possibly using a combination of Concealment and AS as an attack skill against a perception defence check, including the removal of the requirement to be hidden in PvM to use it.

That's the variant i would go for. Gives us more PvE firepower without influencing PvP, where we according to some statistics are still going very strong. Other professions _could_ also use AS in PvE, but they'd have to pay the price, which most will not do.
    Last edited by Ebondevil; Apr 30th, 2008 at 16:14:31. Reason: Updated Wishlist bearing Priorities in Mind
    We are dyslexia of Borg.
    Futility is resistant, your ass will be laminated.

I don't like how it is structured, the categories don't have a purpose, they don't show what's the intention of the changes we want, if we just list the changes we want Funcom would have to read ALL the list and then decide what's best for us.

What's that we want the most?

1. PvM Damage.
    -List here the various changes, be it nanos, perks, items, etc. that have the purpose of increasing our damage.

2. Profession specific defense.

3. Agent Repertoire.

That way funcom will see first what we need more and can make the changes in the order we recommend.
    Last edited by Ebondevil; May 1st, 2008 at 23:30:37. Reason: Updated Wishlist bearing Priorities in Mind

Seems like all rk1 agents are pvmers ^^

Post My list

Quote Originally Posted by Biggysmallz View Post
    Seems like all rk1 agents are pvmers ^^
    Yes; I will join in: (going from top to bottom; top (lowest number) being best)

1) Re-conceal-ability
    The ability to hide again, even in the middle of (PvM)combat.
    - when trying to reconceal in combat, your concealment skill temporarily is reduced by 250 points.
    - then your concealment skill is checked against the perception of anybody fighting you.
    - if all checks are successful, you are taken out of combat and get hidden.
    - concealment would recover with similar speed as skills recover after dying.
    (Tethien in debate)
    It is not agent only, but agents has the best tools to do it successfully.
    (go shades, I hope you will get good use of this too )

2) Aimed Shot - being able to do it again.
    a persistent Concealment:Perception check whenever you hit the AS button regardless of PvM or PvP. This will have the 'unfortunate' side-effect of meaning anyone who maxes perception can ensure that all but the ardent users of conceal don't get an AS in. (Wakizaka's suggestion from the debate)
    +An increase to the current 13k (PvM) cap.

Works well together with Re-conceal-ability; hiding in the middle of the fight makes it harder for you to hide and bring that lethal shot. (in PvM; as it is only required to be concealed to AS in PvM)
    Again; it is not agent only, but agents has the best tools to do it successfully.

3) False/Assume/Mimic line
    *Increased access to nano formulas available through mimic, access to more RK nano formulas and access to some SL nano formulas.
    * Addition of Mimic Profession: Keeper & Mimic Profession: Shade.
    *An Aura Based Mimic that can be canceled after the initial 20 minutes, but that will last longer.
    *Some access to the un-castable buffs which are set (such as the NCU line of a fixer, and Motivation Speech Lines of Bureaucrats, Beacon Warp) along with an extension of the MP pets we are able to use, maybe even let us try some Crat or Engi ones.

4) Perks
    They're slow

5) Extention/Modification/Addition of Nano Formulas
    SL evac nano formulas:
    * Could use longer duration and better scaling on the duration. If duration scaled better on the higher ones, this would be the main reason to upgrade.
    * Having them work more like the Rage Line that Enforcers get would also be advantageous, e.g. Break Speed caps and remove hostile nano formulas.
    * Alteration of the huge penalties after use.
    * Addition of more benefits from using them to counteract debilitating buffs.
    Change True Professions Nano Skill requirements so it is usable from lvl 100, it is a time saving tool, not an end game powerful war tool. (unless FP/mimic become An aura that can be canceled after the initial 20 minutes, but that will last longer.)

6) Various Wishes
    *IP Cost of Skills: Rifle, Aimed Shot and Fling shot cost too much to increase, a reduction on their costs would be nice, as would an increase to the amount Fling shot can be raised per level.
    Our Sneak Attack is light green, please give us something to use it on (bayonet on the rifle?) or change one of the above named skills.
    *Spirit Infused Range Increaser and CPU Upgrade, a new generation of CPU Upgrades that also has NCU memory.

7) Symbiants
    Access other classes of symbiants, eg. the Support or Extermination Symbiants.
    *edit*
    (Thank you Wakizaka, for pointing out that I had copied a line too much; I am more into agents being able to use other professions's items, than us getting artillery symbiants edited.
    Now that I am editing I can add the note that my intention in copying only some lines from the wish list means I am prioritizing those to be highest in the sub-hierarchy under each category.(those I want changed / the wording I like the best)
    and/or add some new text, where I agree with others having good wording/thoughts I agree with in the debates.
    I have re-read my post and found no other extra lines I disagree with.)

8) Armor
    More FP'able armour choices, eg. other Professions OFAB would be nice.

Kind regards
    -Ariensky
    Last edited by Ebondevil; May 2nd, 2008 at 14:58:45. Reason: Updated Wishlist bearing Priorities in Mind

Quote Originally Posted by ArienSky View Post
    7) Symbiants
    Changes to some of the Artillery Symbiants, especially the Left-Arm. Additions of AAD
    and HP in appropriate places would be nice.
    I think Fixers would be rather upset about that.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Great list Ebon. Gonna order the ones I feel are most important.

1) Big time agree with the aimed shot wish list you have here. I also would be totally fine with ArienSky's suggestion of the mechanics of aimed shotting twice.

2) Most certainly would love some AAD on our symbiants, because frankly, agents don't evade crap in pvp.

3) Some major defensive upgrades are needed. CH/TMS X just isn't enough. Maybe even give us a reason to not mimic at all, i.e. Tenkx's post about new nanos.

4) Also nerf other prof's Aimed Shots. Fixers cap me with a craphander AS.

5) Speed up the perks.

Those are just a few of my thoughts. Hope the input helps.

~Artofmime
    Last edited by Ebondevil; May 3rd, 2008 at 14:47:49. Reason: Updated Wishlist bearing Priorities in Mind

Wish list-
    1) better rifle- can incorporate procs/stuns or AAD. something other than just blank damage. Damage mod doesnt have to be super hig. around the same as the ofab cobra.
    2) more nanos people- other professions see extensions of their nano lines. what do we get, other than drains and a engi nemesis nano thats worth about as much as a wet taco.
    3) MORE Def. pls. A. we are squishy cept for trox ofc. B. if we go HP then we lack AR. C. if we go AR we lack HP. D. if we go evade we lack in both although not as much.
    4) This is my biggest wish. If we cant get the reconceal ability then boost the damage done by AS to 15k. Don't complain about PvP cause your precious soldiers do that on a regular basis and with more lethality than any agent.
    Last edited by Ebondevil; May 5th, 2008 at 15:21:45. Reason: Updated Wishlist bearing Priorities in Mind
    "Mother are they goin to drop the bomb"

In my opinion we should decide what we want the most and start nagging them about it, concentrating on 2-3 things. A list like that, although very thorough (btw grats Ebondevil and thanks), leaves them too much room to evade our more stringent needs.

Feedback/my wish list:

1. More defense:
    1.1 in PVM - offer us an alternative to mimic doc, especially in SL (reflect auras, SL calms, etc)
    1.2 in PVP - an alternative to NR2 to counteract all the debuffs now available to other professions (bailing nanos that work like rage in clearing hostile nanos sounds interesting, as someone suggested)

2. More offense:
    2.1 in PVM - to be honest, I don't feel the need for more PVM dmg; an agent in a dd setup does very well in inf teams, pande raids and so on
    2.2 in PVP - this is where a shortening of attack duration of some perks or other changes is really needed (re-re-rethink The Shot for one)
    Last edited by Ebondevil; May 6th, 2008 at 22:04:23. Reason: Updated Wishlist bearing Priorities in Mind

My PVP Wishlist:

1 AR: Potential to perk all twinked-out evade professions (except fixer) in their neutral state. Anyone able to post figures for this? This could be accomplished by giving us some AR buffs/gear or a dodge debuff. Some 400 more net AR? We don't have to be able to land all our perks, but our AR-based perks or tranquilizer with only a 80% check should land at least.

2 NCU: More ncu to make agents a 'buffed to the bone' profession. This could boost our defense and offense indirectly. We'll be better buffed than our opponent. We have the buffs, but not the ncu.

3 Debuffs outside of fight: I know debuffs are devastating when they land, but there's no reason they should gimp you for anything more than 30s if you survive. I'm talking about crat deinits nanos, fixer evade debuff (it's 5mins!!), etc. Make them removable with virus scanners.

4. OH****-type defense: Any type of defense, preferably a defense against debuffs. It could be a 'oh****runaway' nano like we already have, but better. I use the escape line in almost every fight, either to avoid stuns or to actually use it to run away like it's intended. 1min cooldown and 15s duration for 1.2kish nanoskills would be sweet.

5. Perks: Make perks like assassinate/death strike useful. Allow the shot to be used outside of fight. I don't mind the long execution time of called shot.

6. Gun: A pvp gun with higher max damage than cobra and some mods. It could be slower with lower min damage, w/e.

My PVM Wishlist

1. Mimic: Make all mimics useful in a SL team. Expand our mimic-toolset.

2. More damage: re-aimshot in fight, better gun, make top procs easier to cast.
    Last edited by Ebondevil; May 7th, 2008 at 14:48:01. Reason: Updated Wishlist bearing Priorities in Mind

Priority:

Perks!

New rifle, and not some "upgrade!!" like the Silenced Kyr --> Cobra Mk6 was.

FP/Mimic aura, I lost another duel because of Mimic running out today!

OH**** defense like Cherry said. Something to be able to survive a zerg for 6-10 seconds, so we can get away with some work if not being rootsnarestunned.. Lock time about 120s, like Bio Cocoon.

Symbiants!
    Last edited by Ebondevil; May 7th, 2008 at 19:07:23. Reason: Updated Wishlist bearing Priorities in Mind
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

My priorities:

• reconceal with AS ability, I mean, if you lost/didn't grab agg, the mob should 'forget' us when we conceal back, allowing us to reuse AS over and over again. Unlike one of my colleagues, I would raise agg made by AS at each time. (mob registers first AS, but total taunt was under the taunt of tank, mob registers second AS, figures the agent is responsible for stinging him like that, focuses more attention to him, etc.) So, after a few ASes, if mob ain't dead, agent might be, as he would have out-taunted everyone else. That said, hatelist wiping proc could help, but that's the randomness factor. PS: make it so that in pvp, we can escape agg by concealing if, for example, perception attacker < 85% concealment of agent
    • more NCU, we seriously need more NCU, especially as our nanos take a decent amount on their own, without the FP buffs.
    • lower nanoskill and nanoinit debuff on mimic nanos (so the highest of the line), but add for example something that raises the NCU usage (added coding from agent of the FPed buffs, I think it might be a nice tradeoff) and make it improved mimic buffs (for later patches).
    Last edited by Ebondevil; May 13th, 2008 at 17:54:01. Reason: Updated Wishlist bearing Priorities in Mind
    220 opi RK1 keeper § 220 opi RK1 Doc § 220 opi RK2 Fixer
    Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    We usually call it WTF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rerolll View Post
    Well...when a momma envy and a daddy envy love each other very much...well...ask your parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeventura View Post
    That said, hatelist wiping proc could help, but that's the randomness factor.
    Sounds intresting with wipe.

We always had Repressors that detaunt (it doesn't wipe hatelist) that can be updated for that too

Repairs

The Shot

We clarified and explained to Funcom many times as to why this perk is bugged.

Sil underlined it was not re-re-re-re changed as a nerf, but as a bugfix.
    However this originally executed stealth-friendly.

If the other AI perks that is left untouched isn't bugged with inconsistent flags then it proves the point.

And also; it's suitable for the class-charracteristics that a perk like this executes in a stealth-friendly way.

Assassinate and Death Strike

These are our two endgame perks but useless for all practical purposes.

There is a lot of suggestions for how to change them.

Detaunt

They are not reliable and the usabillity needs improvements.

QL 200 repressor needs a update to be more like Da Taunter, the taunt-equallent.

The nanos have too short range, needs to be casted and the effectivity is far away from the Enforcer Mongo-nanos at endgame level.

The procs are not a viable for the purposes of this effect. Don't need to explain that one

Even out the FP-lines

The Mimic Doctor-buff in particular is disproportionate to other FP-lines in bonus and benefits.

Hopefully we can pvp and pvm using other FP's and/or none at all and still be viable where the choice of FP varies from personal preference, playstyle and the benefits you in specific wan't or what the circumstances would determine being the most beneficial FP.

Assist

It has to be fixed, you know what I talk about. :x

Additional features

Consentration

A very funny and special line

These are the improvements I wan't:

* Shorten the recharge, half it and extend the duration.

Or

* Make it more powerful.

It's a 7-min recharge so should be a powerful ability when used.
    Either 1k damage increase, or other effects added into the nanos. AR, extreme dots triggered by hit (like Toxic Shock), stun-chance increase, or other features enabled or becoming more powerful with the buff running.

Sureshot

Change the recharge to zero (0) and exectution to be like the escape and consentration line.

Team-version would be great.

Escape-line

Extend the duration and reconsider the penalties. Have it remove roots/snares again.

PS/ It's not fun to be rooted/debuffed with the resist-buff running -_-

Team-version would be great.

Update root-break nanos

Make these shorten snares too and remove more of the proc-inflicted snare-effects.

They need to be faster but with same recharge.

Dots

- Make dots progressive.

- % dots.

- Increase damage (rawr)

- Alternatively add agent type of debuffs (init debuffs and snares) on a short duration to the dot.

The dots have played a major part in developing the profession, still they are not used in pvp. As the agent is a stealth-class this isn't so fitting since it must be casted, but it can be great to use in some situations.

If you compare nanos:

Improved Dead Cold

Nanocost 2143
    Attack time 7.35s
    Recharge time 4.65s
    Range 20 m

VS

Complete Healing

Nanocost 1400
    Attack time 5.5s
    Recharge time 8s
    Range 25 m

So a dot designed like that is obviously not gonna be used much.

Improved Death's Gaze

Better landrate and a normal recharge. Agent's can't cast so much nanos normaly.

Rifles

A pvm crit-rifle is really wanted to compliment our unmatched crit-potential :>

Updates (continuation of their specifications) to other rifles like M150, Razorback, Lady of Angst (with perception) etc would be appreciated aswell.

More AR-buffs

Landing perks is of paramount importance for agents to succeed and static AR compliments agents signature stealth-attacks.

AS ar is as important as Rifle-ar.

More Perception!

Nothing is as fun as spotting agents as agent is it? :>

I think the perception-buffage on our LE-rings and other items is often too low.

Sneaking

AoE's - I agree to being affected by them, but that doesn't mean others suddently should find out where I was hiding.

Increase sneak-speed while wearing cloaking device (with a longer equip-delay on the device) ? ^_^

Stealth and tactical gameplay is very fun features many gamers enjoy.
    Whole games are dedicated to stealthing like Metal Gear Solid and I hope FC understand agents appeal to the fanbase of such gaming-specifications.
    Last edited by monique; Oct 11th, 2008 at 16:49:41.

Quote Originally Posted by monique View Post
    (...)
    Additional features

More Perception!

Nothing is as fun as spotting agents as agent is it? :>

I think the perception-buffage on our LE-rings and other items is often too low.

Sneaking

Increase sneak-speed while wearing cloaking device (with a longer equip-delay on the device) ? ^_^
    On those two points, I would like to add the following: to catch a thief, be a thief. So to catch an agent, be an agent. Agents should have naturally alot more perception to see their colleagues and other sneaky buggers.

Bout sneak-speed, I already proposed it before. Something like concealment effecting sneak speed (the more conceal, the faster you can move in sneak), but the responses weren't as numerous as I would have thought. :/ But I still support that.

For the rest, I don't play agent often enough to be able to find anything wrong bout the proposals.
    220 opi RK1 keeper § 220 opi RK1 Doc § 220 opi RK2 Fixer
    Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    We usually call it WTF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rerolll View Post
    Well...when a momma envy and a daddy envy love each other very much...well...ask your parents.

If FC would take the time to reevaluate the agent profession and do many of the ideas being thrown around in this thread I would reactivate my account for one. And I believe maybe other people that love this profession would. At this point would be nice if FC would take a long hard look at each profession, no problem keeping it balanced but somewhere along the line I believe they dropped the ball. I'm still sour at how insane MP's became as an example, not to pick on there profession they definitely needed some work done to at least maintain themselves in a pvp setting. I just remember having 2900 AR and not hitting one perk on them, I dont think when they first rolled there toon it was with pvp in mind. Agent is still very fun and versatile profession but somewhere along the line they just got forgotten and somewhat boring to play I guess. My final point is basically, what is wrong with some professions being better than others on a pvp level? The description of the agent profession and its past history lead many to believe it should be the best, but at this point I would have to disagree. Bullseye being nerfed is just the icing on the cake when you look at other debuffs, but can agent's really be surprised......
    First on RK1 to see a girl naked.
    Sliceu 220/18 Shade (Opi)

Things we've received. From the wishlist.

My oppinions about agent.
    1. I barely have the ncu to support all the new buffs. (compiler + 5x ncu's)
    2. Without nr2 perked, I find myself extremely vulnerable, maybe the gimpest of all defensive.
    3. Landing the bullseye is too hard given that our target most likely nerf us first.
    4. The defensive bonus from ruse4, 30aad and bit extra crit resist and nr from new buffs is not enough to justify detraining nr2.

I think fc has to improve agents vulnerability in pvp. Low nr, easy nerfed ch... nearly no nanodelta..

Love added to agents is not cutting it! Else I perk nr2 and start fp soldier.

EDIT* In other words, my priority is, Rework new nanos. They need to be good enough pull us out of the nr2 boredness.
    Last edited by Jaroba; Oct 22nd, 2008 at 22:20:12.
    woofwoof!

The suggestion made to give agents the ability to equip all symbiants could solve many problems of our profession. Also give us access to SL nanos and it will be all good. By the way, I already hear the whiners, that's why i say now that agents can't cast highest SL nanos from other professions due to lack of nano skills, and malus to nanos skills due to mimic ( -140 in ALL nano skills).
    For example just give us access to 3 lowest SL doc heals (so it means highest ql205 touch of kindness), improved nano repulsor and improved instinctive control (nano init for an agent is a real problem -750 nano init due to mimic).

Same for symbiants, we don't need intelligent symbiants from other classes, but until ql220 could be really interesting.
    Last edited by cobra2000; Oct 23rd, 2008 at 16:14:06.
    Darrolav 220/30/70 Agent on RK1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast