Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Demoder's Corner (Tools and Stuff)

Friendly bump

Gotta love nifty tools like these.
    <insert funny comment here>

PHP version of my patcher:
    In adition to the patchserver .ini files being wrong (which was corrected by Onack yesterday), there seems to be some odd quirks with the PHP patcher.
    For some reason it isn't able to store the downloaded files on Win7 x64 at least.
    I'm not going to look into fixing the PHP patcher, since it's going to be depreciated soon anyway.

Instead, I'll have a coding spree on the c# patcher (with a nice gui etc) this weekend, hopefully getting it into an usable alpha stage. No promises on the progress though.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

New patcher progress:
    • Patchserver generation is complete. (this means I now have something concrete to work up against when making the 'patching' part of the patcher)
    • BinAssembler is done. (this assembles the 'final' .bin or .uvga file)
    • "UpdateDistribution" (the thing that actually updates the files on your harddrive) is a work in progress. It is looking good so far.

The patcher will support patching & first-time installation of maps, GUIs and scripts.
    For the users safety, files shipped with Anarchy Online will be 'off limits' for alterations by the patcher. This includes the default GUI and default planet maps.
    Last edited by Demoder; Jun 6th, 2010 at 15:52:08.
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Patcher is progressing....
    Teaser image:
    http://demoder.flw.nu/tools/Demoders...sPatcher_4.png
    Last edited by Demoder; Jun 20th, 2010 at 13:14:33.

looking great
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Totally ot, but how did you get this avatar??
    "Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple inability to shut up."
    I am Luciesa - Octowuss - Ssupotco

still addicted since 2001-07-03 11:55:38

I was lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Comi View Post
    Hey, with the shutdown of aotowers.com your site is the closest site with tower info. Personally, I really like how fast your site updates ! tho I find the interface a bit dull.

Something your site could REALLY use is to have some rankings, similar to what aotowers used to have. The best would be to have some sort of rankings page, separated from each server page.

Here are several rankings that come to my mind.

Most agressive orgs ( # of atks )
    Most agressive characters ( # of atks )
    Most victorious orgs ( # of site kills )
    Most victorious characters ( # of atks that resulted in site kills)
    Best tower rating ( (# of wins - # of loses)
    Worst tower rating ( # of wins - # of loses)
    Best defended orgs( # of succesfull defenses)
    Top griefing orgs( # of atks that didnt end in site kill)

I really hope you can do some of these !
    Bumping the Thread. And the concept's Comi presented. Most Aggresive Org/Toon really kept some of us going.
    Fastest Contact: Northadvncd "Agptaxi" Bankterminal
    Created: 2005-08-07 The AGP Cancelled: 2012-02-11
    AGPSHADOWMA2202568[P][E] AGPSHADOOMNT2142650[P][E]
    AGPECKOSOL1502049[P] AGPATLASDOC1502023[P]
    JURKENF150207[P][P2] JWRKENF270207 JUURKMP600614[P] HANZELSOL1001028[P]

'most aggressive guild' and 'most victorious guild' is actually listed on http://towers.flw.nu/ (as a direct result of Comis post)
    Keep in mind that site isn't even close to done yet.

Thanks for the bump.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Premade Implants Search
    Due to a massive flood of requests towards this utility the past two days (or more), I now require people to provide a "bot" parameter to get anything from the xml/csv version of this tool.
    This should let me disable access for bugged bots (read: modules which flood the server).
    Last edited by Demoder; Nov 17th, 2010 at 14:57:11.

Arrow Release Note

Demoder's GUI Compiler [1.1.2-RELEASE]
    Description
    This is a program which will take a series of images from a folder, and turn them into a graphics archive which AOs GUI intrepeter understands. It will also decompile such an archive into a series of images.
    It will not touch/modify any of the XML files; You still have to do that manually.

Features
    • Compiling and decompiling of GUIs graphics archives
    • Compile configuration may be saved/loaded
    • Autocompile: If a file in the "source" directory changes, it will automatically compile the GUI. (if AO isn't locking the destination files)
    • The console application allows for automated compiling of GUI archives. (f.e. for automated building of packages)

Where
    Download: 1.1.2-RELEASE
    Source: Bitbucket

Known Issues
    Console is virtually undocumented.
    GUI should be rather intuitive.

Support
    Reply to this thread, or send me a PM here, on AOU or aodevs.com.
    For information about the principles of this compiler, please see this post.
    Last edited by Demoder; Apr 22nd, 2014 at 15:55:17. Reason: Fixed broken links.

Oh hi Demoder

You may want to look at http://towerwars.info/c/overview.php?d=1 (didnt check Rimor)
    Some attacks and some Victories appear twice and are counted twice in the stats.

Also, if one day you have time, in the Stats page, replacing the "best XXX" by the "1st + 2nd + 3rd" would be very nice.(if it doesnt take too much space)
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Gridpain: Thank you for the heads up. It's (mostly) fixed now. Some graphs may have to wait till this weekend to update.

I think this should not happen any more, but if it does, I'll have to take a closer look at it.

Regarding the towerwars logger/search: The cosmetic updates to the site made it impossible to see who attacked when looking search results. Player name that is, only shows org name.

Quote Originally Posted by Freor View Post
    Regarding the towerwars logger/search: The cosmetic updates to the site made it impossible to see who attacked when looking search results. Player name that is, only shows org name.
    I'll look into this the next time I work on the site.

New Tool: Added information about the Central Items Database to main post, under Development Tools. This is a web interface which allows bots to query for item information, so that their owners don't have to maintain the item databases on their own.
    Last edited by Demoder; Aug 6th, 2011 at 03:11:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    New Tool: Added information about the Central Items Database to main post, under Development Tools. This is a web interface which allows bots to query for item information, so that their owners don't have to maintain the item databases on their own.
    You forgot the important part!
    Compatible with VhaBot, BeBot and Budabot*!
    VhaBot and BeBot users still using items.vhabot.net are automatically switched over and don't have to change a thing.

* after applying a compatibility fix to Budabot, see signature for details
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

towerwars.info
    Fixed a recently introduced bug which made attacks be displayed in reverse order.
    Improved tooltip text for attacking entity in Attacks. The attacking nickname, faction and org name is displayed now. (Suggestion by Freor)

Added information about AOMarket.info here

Added info about the timelapses showing towerwar history to original post. Atlantean, Rimor
    Last edited by Demoder; Dec 8th, 2011 at 14:55:20.

I saw today that OMNI took over all the sites on Rimor RK2. So I went to check to your Tower Tracker site to review the results.

I was confused by the Longest Standing sites panel showing so many sites with the clan color of orange. Why are they listed after they lost their sites and in theory are starting over.

Duration Zone # Level Heat
    1y 4mo 8d 7h TLR 2 100 - 150 Cold
    4mo 29d 8h PW 6 200 - 300 Cold
    4mo 15d 11h PW 1 200 - 300 Cold
    4mo 15d 10h PW 5 200 - 300 Cold
    4mo 9d 4h EFP 4 200 - 300 Cold
    4mo 8d 14h EFP 8 200 - 300 Cold
    3mo 24d 21h PW 12 190 - 230 Hot
    3mo 24d 13h DAV 10 200 - 300 Cold
    2mo 27d 18h EFP 5 200 - 300 Cold
    2mo 26d 10h Mort 2 170 - 250 Cold

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast