Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: lvl 60 MA twink

The upgraded stun gloves are an interesting choice... and might work out pretty good. Reasonable speed, higher minimum damage, but less max damage and crit. I did the same for a (paid) MA by using Kyr nunchacko's and trading the max damage for higher min damage worked good for me. I think you posted this on Aofroobs as well but I'll say again... I think you should definitely lose the crit scope. Using these weapons does not favour crit damage anyway, so work on having as much speed as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottik View Post
    Yes, everything from that setup is equipped, including sandy bracers. They're doable, you just need low ql miy cloak (I used +4 one), precise ql of miy armor, precise ql rings of endurance or essence, precise ql lya pads and sleeves, contracts, high ql abi imps and couple of other items. I'd been also trying to get my hands on low ql HI scope but only managed to get ql200 one (not equipped obviously).
    well i have 160-170 imps, gaunt buff, miys cloak, miys armor, contracts, rings (even filigrees), and all applicable buffs, and poly pillows... and im still like 40-50 points off from all the reqs of the sandys... i dont get how its doable, but if they are i have to do it... i just don't get it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dublivion View Post
    The upgraded stun gloves are an interesting choice... and might work out pretty good. Reasonable speed, higher minimum damage, but less max damage and crit. I did the same for a (paid) MA by using Kyr nunchacko's and trading the max damage for higher min damage worked good for me. I think you posted this on Aofroobs as well but I'll say again... I think you should definitely lose the crit scope. Using these weapons does not favour crit damage anyway, so work on having as much speed as possible.
    already lost the scope, and yeh i did post it on aofroobs, but since hardly anyone uses that forum anymore i haven't checked it. i was even considering usin the turn spirit sticks, but would lose fast (but would still need it for flurry) and would also have to split ip for 1hb
    ""Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" --- Confucius""

too many alts to list, inquire for info. specialties: froobs, fixer, MA, advy, trader/NT

Quote Originally Posted by rayje View Post
    well i have 160-170 imps, gaunt buff, miys cloak, miys armor, contracts, rings (even filigrees), and all applicable buffs, and poly pillows... and im still like 40-50 points off from all the reqs of the sandys... i dont get how its doable, but if they are i have to do it... i just don't get it!
    What breed is your MA? Mine is opifex so that might be the issue. Also iirc I used stamina pistols instead of pillows which allowed me to place agi into waist imp. Here is the setup I've used - http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=199665. QLs of armor and imps are not accurate as I dont remember them but I believe stats are roughly the same. I also don't recollect what rings I've used, whether ring of endurance, essence or filligree. Keep in mind it's been a while since I twinked them on.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottik View Post
    What breed is your MA? Mine is opifex so that might be the issue. Also iirc I used stamina pistols instead of pillows which allowed me to place agi into waist imp. Here is the setup I've used - http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=199665. QLs of armor and imps are not accurate as I dont remember them but I believe stats are roughly the same. I also don't recollect what rings I've used, whether ring of endurance, essence or filligree. Keep in mind it's been a while since I twinked them on.
    mine is also opi, i kept shiny and bright agil/stam in finals, and calced faded agil, i dont have shoulders or sleeves that high though. everything else i have on point, and after calcing what i dont have i'm still off on agil by about 30 pts (including trader cookie). problem being idk if i can even get those pistols on w/o IP for them, which i don't have free... lol what am i doin wrong here? i'm gonna keep tryin, cuz if it's possible i HAVE to do it.
    ""Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" --- Confucius""

too many alts to list, inquire for info. specialties: froobs, fixer, MA, advy, trader/NT

mine is also opi, i kept shiny and bright agil/stam in finals, and calced faded agil, i dont have shoulders or sleeves that high though. everything else i have on point, and after calcing what i dont have i'm still off on agil by about 30 pts (including trader cookie). problem being idk if i can even get those pistols on w/o IP for them, which i don't have free... lol what am i doin wrong here? i'm gonna keep tryin, cuz if it's possible i HAVE to do it.
    You have to equip stamina pistols using implants, iirc I didn't have to spend any IPs on these skills. Agi is tricky and now that I recollect I used more sekutek parts, because thanks to the pistols I had the luxury of having sta way over 400 pts. And I think I used essence rings to balance the loss of str from miy parts. Here're some calcs to backup my statements (I also updated the setup):

STA:
    186+27+12+20+10+2+162=419
    (base+behe+expertise+IC+gaunt+bar+equip)

STR:
    183+27+12+20+10+2+147=401
    (base+behe+expertise+IC+gaunt+bar+equip)

AGI:
    195+25+12+10+2+147+5=396
    (base+FG+expertise+gaunt+bar+equip+contract)

Now I'm not sure where I got last 4 pts in agi, perhaps I used higher ql of miy's but I can't seem to find it. I'm also not sure about how much pts contract actually gives at this lvl so it may be more (or less) than 5 pts. And if not you can always use str contract as well and switch one of the sleeves for +4 sekutek one and voilà!
    Last edited by Scottik; Mar 8th, 2015 at 22:24:34.

this is gonna be a pain, idk how i can get the full auto for those guns at 60 froob w/o ip but i guess i'll take another crack at it later when i get home from work.(hopefully i can do it easier than you did) i have a little bit higher imps, but i might not be able to do this toon till next Halloween unfortunately, since he has lower shoulders and no sleeves :/

k so i have again picked up this project (now that i have some free time again) and did calcs for the sandy pieces. turns out even copying scottik's setup, i come to 15 pts short on agil and even tower contracts only give 5 at lvl 60, so would have to be paid (either novictum ring and perks) to get that, strength would be 10 pts over, and stam would be 23 over (all w/o trader cookies)... problem being is if i swap weapons (say, to poly pillows or ql 80 agil rifle) i would have 10 extra of both agil and strength to spare max, and would have to make up 32 stam... i even considered using ql 160 concrete cushions instead, but then i would be back to square 1 with agility. strength isn't a problem at all, it's the trading off between agil/stam. anyone have any ideas i haven't thought of? if i can't figure out a way to make this happen i'm gonna have to write off the sandy pieces and move on (also planning to find a gurgling river sprite, can get ql 180ish at best).

What about getting 100Ql jobe AAD implants, in my experience some AAD goes a long way at totw... Infact makes you unkillable.

Same id consider for weapons, more defensive you can use, the better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

well yeh i was planning those for final imps in the arms, foot was probably gonna stay the normal though.

Using this equip: http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=199665

Swap one "Ring of Essence" to "Platinum Filigree Ring set with a Perfectly Cut Almandine" ql 238-250, since that gives +5 agi/str
    With all needed buffs: Gaunt Buff/Behe/Comp Att/Extruder/FG/IC
    2 Contracts: "Muscular Compactness" & "Muscular Elasticity" both ql 250 for +5 Str & +5 Agi

You will end up with:
    Strength 401
    Agility 401
    Stamina 414

If you just want a single goo to be on,

From the original equip:
    switch both rings to "Platinum Filigree Ring set with a Perfectly Cut Almandine" ql 238-250, since that gives +5 agi/str and put on a "Supporting Carbonan Holster". This will allow you to put on ONE goo without the use of contracts.

http://aofroobs.com/viewtopic.php?f=...102552#p102552
    Last edited by Legendfluf; Sep 3rd, 2015 at 16:15:18.
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by Legendfluf View Post
    Using this equip: http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=199665

Swap one "Ring of Essence" to "Platinum Filigree Ring set with a Perfectly Cut Almandine" ql 238-250, since that gives +5 agi/str
    With all needed buffs: Gaunt Buff/Behe/Comp Att/Extruder/FG/IC
    2 Contracts: "Muscular Compactness" & "Muscular Elasticity" both ql 250 for +5 Str & +5 Agi

You will end up with:
    Strength 401
    Agility 401
    Stamina 414

If you just want a single goo to be on,

From the original equip:
    switch both rings to "Platinum Filigree Ring set with a Perfectly Cut Almandine" ql 238-250, since that gives +5 agi/str and put on a "Supporting Carbonan Holster". This will allow you to put on ONE goo without the use of contracts.

http://aofroobs.com/viewtopic.php?f=...102552#p102552
    in my original calc i had already accounted for all buffs, i have never seen or been able to make +5 almandine filigrees (i have a +4 and +3), and i'm clan and nobody on clan side has towers enough to support even 1 250 contract i don't think (thanks to MB swarms). i don't think i would need the strength contract, especially if i can get the cushions on. i need to double check the calcs for the agil though, since i'm not sure i'm that close without all the agil stuff i have on now.

EDIT: counting all buffs (but not trader cookie), having the same imps the other guy had but higher ql, and using his armor tab (nothing in weapon/huds tab) i get 391 str, 361 stam, 387 agil. it would seem i would need at least the 160 concretes or the guns for the stam, and if i ditch the rings for agil ones they're still not enough (even trader cookie makes me 1 pt short).
    Last edited by rayje-defunct; Sep 4th, 2015 at 06:35:33.

Trying to make sense of where you are at without being able to see what you have on... it looks like you are trying to do this without using the HSR Arms N.M. weapons for Stamina.

It might be pertinent to note that while my toon is paid, I did have to use Stamina buffing weaps in order to put the Sandy Goos on, so its probably only going to be more necessary in your case.

Quote Originally Posted by Dublivion View Post
    Trying to make sense of where you are at without being able to see what you have on... it looks like you are trying to do this without using the HSR Arms N.M. weapons for Stamina.

It might be pertinent to note that while my toon is paid, I did have to use Stamina buffing weaps in order to put the Sandy Goos on, so its probably only going to be more necessary in your case.
    well i'm actually trying to make this as easy as possible. what i'm thinking is i might just use ql 160 concrete cushions instead of hsr arms and get both str/atm since those might be easier to get on. note that i'm already planning to use -870 stun gloves, so multi isn't painful to IP, neither is fast/brawl/dimach. only hard part of those really is the heavy weapons req, and there's a few things i can do about that. as it stands, i can't do anything untill UPH are in game since i need lya's armor parts. when i have everything, and i actually get to doing it i will be fine with either weapon option.

an update: i finally got my armors from UPH season, and got around to doing the twink! i now have 2x sandy pieces of goo on a 60 froob opi MA, and here is the stuff i used to do it http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=203142 also i used behe, ic, fg, es, comp attribute, gaunt buff, and trader cookie (contracts for 5 stam, 5 agil). i only posted attribute relevant stuff, most can figure out how to get this all on well enough and the imps in that setup were there for the armor going on as well. the 160 cushion was the only real big pain, since after all buffs and gear for it i still had to IP some 1hb (about 60 pts), but needed nothing in heavy weapons, it didn't seem likely the multi was doable for 2 of them, otherwise i would have...
    Last edited by rayje-defunct; Jun 7th, 2016 at 02:23:50.

the toon came out rather well, but now i'm trying to figure out the new nanos and how to IP for action. was planning to use "870" stun gloves, but not sure if that would be the best route since it seems like i get more frequent crits from his actual fists. got all atts, cl, treat, sharp, dodge/evade, ma, phys init, rs all maxed. got 3/4 in bd, and as needed for the new nanos, nothing over 270ish req, first aid for ql 30 stims, hardly anything in 1hb, 1/2 in multi, 1/3-1/2 in each of fast/brawl/dimach, and hardly anything in nano pool... basically i have enough ip left to get my next 2 heals, but then i couldnt do anything else, OR i could dump it into one of either duck, nr, or np. i don't think nr does anything in totw, and duck doesn't vs most of rk, so it's between my heals (healing aura/team version), or my nano so i can heal more effectively.

this is the current setup, with experimental optic enhancer which isn't in auno http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=199507 not sure if i wanna do ql 100 imps in arms and feet for aad bonus, and might do rings as ring of luck def/off

nice twink, im currently lvling a ma to be a totw twink, paid tho. I had one ages ago and it was loads of fun, but with some of the gear from reck it should make for some interesting twinks. One thing i would say tho i would swap the feet on ur alt for more ma skill 160-170 instead of a aad 100 jobe, but that is just my opinion, any way hope to see you in totw some time

this is the current setup, with experimental optic enhancer which isn't in auno http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=199507 not sure if i wanna do ql 100 imps in arms and feet for aad bonus, and might do rings as ring of luck def/off
    Nice little toon you have there. I've actually seen a few 60 MA's that have been contending with 60 Enf's in PvP. I, myself, had a 4+ minute duel with one. I can tell you that a defensive setup will do better for soloing and for PvP. You already have PLENTY of damage as an MA, so stack up on AAD and Evade-ClsC, in that order. Next in line would be Dodge-Rng if you intend to PvP with your MA.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecheeze2 View Post
    I, myself, had a 4+ minute duel with one... I still won, but he lived for 4 minutes.
    ftfy <3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123