Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Level 60 Twink, need advice.

Level 60 Twink, need advice.

Hi guys.

Im making a lvl 60 twink for totw and Foremans, and I have some doubst about the best setup.
    I have already almost full QL 75 Combined scout/Arithmetic armor. Got 2x Virral eggs too and the new upgraded back item from Steps of Madness.
    Im working in +10 ring from inferno already, Im trying to get as much Time¬Space and Matter Crea as I can

I have doubs in the other items I should wear to max those two skills, and Im not sure in whats the max QL of Implants a lvl 60 twink can wear.

So, here are my doubts:

Armor__________ Full Combined Scout/Arith
    Back Item _______ Updated cloack from Steps of Madness
    Rings___________ +10 ring from inferno and maybe the upgraded ring from step of madness?
    Shoulders_______ Virral Eggs x2
    Wrists__________ ????
    Neck____________????
    Huds____________????
    Utils_____________????
    Weapons________ I was thinking about +20 int pistols, but is there anything better for Mat creat/space time skills?
    Implants_________ Would need advide in how to make em, and possible max QL a lvl 60 twink can wear... I think I can try with QL 160, have to try yet

And for last, how to spend IPs Ill need to make a IP reset today since I made some mistakes.

Please, any advice from a person experienced with twinks or from any veteran Engi will be very welcomed

Thanks
    Sucio 220 Melee Adventurer RK2
    La Hermandad

1. Finish research before resetting.
    2. Finish your trip to inferno if you really decided on it. You will need whole different set of abils for it and you can't reset abils with single IPR. Tho - consider that platinum ring will give you +4 mc/ts and it's not nodrop.
    3. Search is your friend, there were setup threads like every year.
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

Quote Originally Posted by kuznechik View Post
    2. Finish your trip to inferno if you really decided on it. You will need whole different set of abils for it and you can't reset abils with single IPR. Tho - consider that platinum ring will give you +4 mc/ts and it's not nodrop.
    can be done real easy: just dont bother with the protection gear at all, and have a fixer and calmer with you. double-hots will outheal any dmg from the enviromental dots, and the calmer ensures you wont get mob agg.

one important thing: if you really want to go to inferno, DO NOT go at lvl60. go at 55 or so. you might still ding on the progression quests, even if you have xp turned off. happened to a friend of mine, which was more than annoying for him

weapons... how about soft pepper pistols?
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

hi here is the items my 60 Engy has on and can easy cast a 200 Slayer.

Full AI armor and nelebs

Neck........... Collar of Amplification set to 10 TS

sleeves ........ De'Valos Sleeves 2 x ql 99 gives 15 ts/mc each

Hud .............. Research Attunement Device - Nano Technology Level One gives +10 to all nano

utilitys ..........Communications Relay ql 72 gives 8 to all nanos

weapon .... Worn Soft Pepper Pistol ql 51 gives 14 mc

weapon2 ...O.E.T. Co. Jess gives 20 intel

I only need ql 150 implants in 140 mochams 20 gen and a 131 wrangle and the 200 slayer falls on and does not go OE when wrangle wares off

Thanks guys, and thanks behmoth for the ingame help.

Finally I think I have a schem of the ideal setup for the engi

Im Solitus so I cant use shades either de`Valos

Armor >>> Full Combined Scout / Arith Alien armor.
    Weapon 1 >>> Worn sof pepper pistol
    Weapon 2 >>> O.E.T. Co. Jess
    Rings >>> +10 from inferno and VP ring from Lost Eden
    Neck >>> Collar of Amplification from Foreman's
    Utils >>> Communication Relay
    Hud >>> Research attunement device - Nano
    Back Item >>> Neleb's Nano-master Robe
    Shoulders >>> Virral Triumvirate Egg x2

Now I need to find out whats the max QL of the implants I can wear on Head, Eye and R.Hand

Im still looking for a nice Twink guide
    La Hermandad

Quote Originally Posted by Elsucio View Post

Now I need to find out whats the max QL of the implants I can wear on Head, Eye and R.Hand

Not to be an ass, but if you cant calc and plan your implants and gear, you should just drop the whole idea, because then not "your thing".
    SC of Kvestakolal - Join us if you can spell it correctly
    * Mechanuf - 220 Multi-Purpose Combat Engineer
    * Hormonuf - 220 Healmonkey
    * Hackuf - 217 Phix
    * ... loads of other *ufs and *nufs

well i've got a lvl 60 trox engi, and he's awesome... my main advice would be: don't get too obsessed with nanoskills, as there is a point where other stats would help your char as a whole more than MC/TS will.
    Basically, for back i'm using perfected tank armor for the HP/AR, and most important, for weapon i'm using an OT Hurler which boosts my DD output by far more than using nanoskill/int pistols for a higher level bot.

For implants, it's best to get as high ql treatment imps as u can squeeze in, then (with MC shiny in head and TS bright/faded in eye/rh), i had grenade implanted in eye and right hand (which takes up treatment spots so slightly lower ql imps that a nanoskill twinked engi), i put them in in this order: Right hand (ql154), Head (ql137) and eye (ql127) (i worked out this is the best possible combinations to give the highest stats.

Ideally, i would have a JAME Blaster twinked on (it's possible with a set of supple) and since you can only equip ql75 ai armor it shud be easily hotswappable with arith. Only i dont have a supple set available to do it.

so imo, trox engi with JAME and level 175ish pet > all. And with my engi i don't think any single other prof could OD me in a totw dd battle (except maybe enf with chirops). And i can stand there shooting aztur with no probs of dying self buffed.
    main characters on RK1: Kingduck138 220 Engi Mongoose135 170 Agent Nnivekccub 165 Engi Kingduck135 170 Soldier Mongoose831 160 Agent Healdocheal 150 Doc Atroxshade 130 Shade Nanottwink 130 NT Mongoose144 125 Agent Ducktroxjr 117 Fixer Eternalguard 65 Enf Boringname 61 Fixer Kingduck139 60 Eng Atheist 60 MA Mongoose142 30 DocMongoose138 15 Agent Mongoose141 21 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanuf View Post
    Not to be an ass, but if you cant calc and plan your implants and gear, you should just drop the whole idea, because then not "your thing".
    Yore right... youre an ass
    Im here asking for advide since Im new twinking low level toon, not new in game you know..... managed to wear QL 150 Implants while I finish my inferno ring witch is almost done, get the neck items from Foreman's, finish all research, and getting all twink weapons/gear I can find for that level. So Im looking for some info, about some items maybe Im missing to be able to wear QL 160-165 Implants because Im pretty sure Its possible (I saw it on solitus engs)

So keep such useless comments for yourself Mechanuf.

Thanks for your ideas KingDuck
    But my Idea is to cast the lvl 200 Slayerdroid. I have a trader and a MP on other account already to help with Moochis and 131 Wrangle
    I though already about a DD setup for weapons instead the int ones... but theres 2 things that made me forget the idea

-the DD I can do with a Jame or any other good weapon wont be too much compared with the DD a lvl 200 Droid can do
    -I want to avoid at all cost mobs hitting me and shotting them with a Blaster will make em get mad at me fo sure

Tho I still have to try some setups for myself, but for now Im focus on maximize MC/TS all I can

Thanks for the comments too Sannz
    Im already level 60 and made all the quests to penumbra without getting any exp, just research. Maybe they fixed that already.
    For Penumbra/inferno runs Ill ask a Doc friend for help and maybe a MP with heal pet too... and will ask a Enfo for behe ^^ hopefully I will be able to get to the dungeon in Inferno without much trouble.
    Once there I can solo the boss for the ring with my Advi
    Last edited by Elsucio; Jul 12th, 2008 at 06:27:37.
    La Hermandad

Yore right... youre an ass
    Im here asking for advide since Im new twinking low level toon, not new in game you know..... managed to wear QL 150 Implants while I finish my inferno ring witch is almost done, get the neck items from Foreman's, finish all research, and getting all twink weapons/gear I can find for that level. So Im looking for some info, about some items maybe Im missing to be able to wear QL 160-165 Implants because Im pretty sure Its possible (I saw it on solitus engs)

So keep such useless comments for yourself Mechanuf.
    He's got a point - a twink guide would sap any fun and challenge out of twinking; the point is to be able to build a character that you've done the calcs for with tidbits and advice from other players instead of a step-by-step guide to get X bot or X weapon on...
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Completely off-topic, but seeing your org name makes me want to watch Man on Fire.
    Because Race Yalm

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    He's got a point - a twink guide would sap any fun and challenge out of twinking; the point is to be able to build a character that you've done the calcs for with tidbits and advice from other players instead of a step-by-step guide to get X bot or X weapon on...
    Hi Saetos

Oh well, but thats not what Im looking for... step by step guide would be very hard to make... theres too many possible combinations... and well, I dont need since Im good on that. Twinked many others toons already, but only one is lower level than this engi, all rest 150-220 toons.
    So the guide I was looking for was about twink items on that level range (treatment, Int, Sta, Agi, Psy, Sence, Str)
    Never twinked a ToTW toon so didnt know a lot of the twink items availables at that level range.

I made a list from Auno and used the buff help from a ingame bot to find out all possible items to help. Already bough/blitzed a lot of them today.

But you know, If a player experienced with lvl 60 Eng twink can give you some tips about the twink progress it always makes things easier and can avoid unnecessary errors.

Thanks for the comments
    La Hermandad

For Penumbra/inferno runs Ill ask a Doc friend for help and maybe a MP with heal pet too... and will ask a Enfo for behe ^^ hopefully I will be able to get to the dungeon in Inferno without much trouble.
    and here is something that might suprise you: less hp is better for this.

the environmental dots work like this: the system makes you nuke/hit yourself. that means you will loose at most 30% of your hp with each tick (was it every 3 or 5 sec now?). so, if you keep your hp low enough, around 1k or so, a single fixer with his 2 hots will keep you alive just fine
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Remember to get Notum Splice. 195 max nano and +2 MC/+1 T&S is useful.
    Proud Member of The Roots ----- Neut 4 Ever!! ----- Oh, btw: Here's The Story of Stuff & the Most Terrifying Video You'll Ever See.
    My goons: Luzengie 220/30/70 engie ----- Luziciona 220/30/70 MA ----- Luzolja 220/30/70 Sold ----- Fixxii 220/30/70 Fix ----- Nerfentehs 200/29/62 NT ----- Luztrox 200/30/68 Doc ----- Luzargh 199/22 Shade ----- Keepluzia 174/24 Keep ----- Luzidoxa 150/20 Doc ----- Luzee 150/10 Shade ----- Bancorotta 150/20 MA ----- Luzillian & Luzimeta 60/6 MPs ----- Luzibank 45/5 Enfo ----- Luztrader 32/3 Trader

Thanks for your ideas KingDuck
    But my Idea is to cast the lvl 200 Slayerdroid. I have a trader and a MP on other account already to help with Moochis and 131 Wrangle
    I though already about a DD setup for weapons instead the int ones... but theres 2 things that made me forget the idea

-the DD I can do with a Jame or any other good weapon wont be too much compared with the DD a lvl 200 Droid can do
    -I want to avoid at all cost mobs hitting me and shotting them with a Blaster will make em get mad at me fo sure
    i
    In reply, the DD you will do with a jame can do far more dmg than your engineer pet can do, i'm telling you.. Using buffing pistols causes you to completely loose out on this dmg. Although to keep aggro on pet at least most of the time u will probs want to slide the def slider a bit to make ur gun shoot slower or you will just be tanking all the time.
    As for the mobs hitting you, you may have a point, but if u put ur setup a bit more towards higher HP then it wouldn't be a problem. If you can trim your bot well then any boss mob you fight will be agging ur pet most of the time, and if you get hit then you can heal back up when the enemy is attacking your pet.
    Anyhow, suit yourself. if casting the lvl 200 slayer for epeen is all ur looking for then go ahead

Ideas for setup:
    neck: 250 token board (450 hp and other bonuses), use collar casero de la cripta until u have the tokens.
    util: comm relay (just solo a few ai raids and u'll get one)
    hud: research device (nanoskills for casting bots, HP/dmg for combat), endorphin factory for more HP
    weapon: arwen grenade launcher / jame if u wanna twink out (hehe :P)
    imps: grenade in all slots
    (ignore the wep/imps if u don't wanna be a good dder)
    Last edited by KingDuck; Jul 15th, 2008 at 23:43:05.
    main characters on RK1: Kingduck138 220 Engi Mongoose135 170 Agent Nnivekccub 165 Engi Kingduck135 170 Soldier Mongoose831 160 Agent Healdocheal 150 Doc Atroxshade 130 Shade Nanottwink 130 NT Mongoose144 125 Agent Ducktroxjr 117 Fixer Eternalguard 65 Enf Boringname 61 Fixer Kingduck139 60 Eng Atheist 60 MA Mongoose142 30 DocMongoose138 15 Agent Mongoose141 21 Agent

Finally I think I have a schem of the ideal setup for the engi

Im Solitus so I cant use shades either de`Valos

Armor >>> Full Combined Scout / Arith Alien armor.
    Weapon 1 >>> Worn sof pepper pistol
    Weapon 2 >>> O.E.T. Co. Jess
    Rings >>> +10 from inferno and VP ring from Lost Eden
    Neck >>> Collar of Amplification from Foreman's
    Utils >>> Communication Relay
    Hud >>> Research attunement device - Nano
    Back Item >>> Neleb's Nano-master Robe
    Shoulders >>> Virral Triumvirate Egg x2

Where can one get the Neleb's nano-master robe?
    Belduren 220/20 agent on RK1
    Nurselina 174/14 doc
    Emiliy 180/14 engineer

Steps of Madness - farm items & puzzle together upgrade.
    Proud Member of The Roots ----- Neut 4 Ever!! ----- Oh, btw: Here's The Story of Stuff & the Most Terrifying Video You'll Ever See.
    My goons: Luzengie 220/30/70 engie ----- Luziciona 220/30/70 MA ----- Luzolja 220/30/70 Sold ----- Fixxii 220/30/70 Fix ----- Nerfentehs 200/29/62 NT ----- Luztrox 200/30/68 Doc ----- Luzargh 199/22 Shade ----- Keepluzia 174/24 Keep ----- Luzidoxa 150/20 Doc ----- Luzee 150/10 Shade ----- Bancorotta 150/20 MA ----- Luzillian & Luzimeta 60/6 MPs ----- Luzibank 45/5 Enfo ----- Luztrader 32/3 Trader

I see Uaint is playing dumb again.

If you missed my first post, I recommend QL130-140ish Expensive Kevlar Vest of Professor Jones (shouldn't be a problem to twink it on - mods are, 14 inteligence and 14 for all nano skills), better choice then arith chest piece, if you are a NM (or you are planning to reroll as one ).
    Last edited by Klod; Sep 10th, 2008 at 13:37:53.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

I see Uaint is playing dumb again.

If you missed my first post, I recommend QL130-140ish Expensive Kevlar Vest of Professor Jones (shouldn't be a problem to twink it on - mods are, 14 inteligence and 14 for all nano skills), better choice then arith chest piece, if you are a NM (or you are planning to reroll as one ).
    And if you missed his (third?) post, he's solitus.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    And if you missed his (third?) post, he's solitus.
    It's never to late to reroll (hence the last few words in brackets).

P.S.
    Ya, I missed it.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Ai tech 1 bracer of concentration ql50 (i think thats the right one) gives intel for some nanoskill trickle from wrists.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast