Thread: hoverboards slow ?

hoverboards slow ?

"Tired of running from location to location? Jump on a Hoverboard and skate around. Not only do you look cool, you move quicker and your jumps turn into aerial tricks!"

Only L20 picked up one of these and I still move like a turtle ?

they give +150 run speed

they aren't meant to be a super fast way to travel that you have to buy for a few dollars. they are just "flair" items.

i would get a flying vehicle though, they don't make you "move" that much faster, but being able to fly over mobs/hills/rocks/foilage saves you a ton of time in rubi-ka.

Quote Originally Posted by pantsftl0 View Post
    they give +150 run speed
    So the description states, but I don't believe it.

I did some (highly unscientific) testing by traveling back and forth along The Longest Road in Athen Shire and found that my traveling speed, from fastest to slowest, was:
    1. Wraith
    2. Running
    3. Hoverboard
    4. Walking

Not even the "mad trickz" were enough to overcome my disappointment. Folks talk about having a vehicle in SL, but it's a ground vehicle and is slower than running. FTL.

I suppose I could do some numbers as proof, but you're welcome to buy one and experience your own level of outer-space disappointment.

Gora
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Unless you went and bought the points, these items are free. You'll get purchase points for just subscribing. Just like the Vet Points, these Paid items should be fairly cosmetic in nature. We don't want OVER POWERED cash shop items like those "free" MMOs.
    Looking Uber > Being Uber

I have a sneaking su****ion that the runspeed buff from the hoverboard is bugged.

Quote Originally Posted by gergiskoo View Post
    I have a sneaking su****ion that the runspeed buff from the hoverboard is bugged.
    Definitely seems that way. At least we get to travel in style...or something.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.