Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A "guide" as to why Title Level 7 Fixers are not cutting it (warning: very long post)

Quote Originally Posted by -Bugsplat View Post
    Because there are currently no fixer professionals.
    Is that true?
    I'll pay the one to apply for prof and sticky this 300m on rk2...anyone else?
    I would apply but i lack experience :/

Quote Originally Posted by ephedrae View Post
    Is that true?
    I'll pay the one to apply for prof and sticky this 300m on rk2...anyone else?
    I would apply but i lack experience :/
    It's stickied in my sig, naow gifv 300mil plox
    Fixer issues

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    fixers got 2 more hots since LE, which means their healing over time, more or less, went up 200%

Quote Originally Posted by Fekal View Post
    It's stickied in my sig, naow gifv 300mil plox
    =P
    I'll give u 10m

Once i stumble across u...
    Last edited by ephedrae; Mar 16th, 2009 at 09:02:42.

gg on this accurate analysis.

i'd just testimony fixer is an overall (very) average profession : good (but narfd in pvp) evades, medium AR & DD, moderately useful support buffs/perks (out of long e.g. NCU/RS), complementary -only- heals (hots).

that and some travelling capacities makes us a nice pvm exploring toon, not dying "too easily", able to kill common mobs (but Oded on rare drops), ideal to pull mobs and move fastly wich can help kiting mobs to regain hp while hots running. snare/root can help this all. except for a GA4 froob until ql 210 mobs/bosses, we won't tank anything serious especially on SL/AI/LE/Lox.

in pvp we're actually "hit & run" toons : we would die pretty fast (even avoiding 1/3 of hits wich is hard to reach) against most profs, taking damages that hots can't cover no matter low or high hp choice, we resist very few nano attacks (including triples/roots) without sacrifying lot of perks, we damage crap on most profs/setups. So we aoe snare, alpha & run ...

i'm still waiting to be confirmed that -as means announced- the AS & FA will share a same cooler, because that's the core of our alpha @TL5/7 atm. so i don't really consider the new FA perkline as a miracle : we're losing a low recharge AS (even based on luck aka add proj + sgun) and a poor FA VS a faster and slightly more capable of hitting/DD FA with sacrifce of upto 6 perks.

to me that's still cutting our alpha by 2 (burst & FS ? lawl @ DD importance for the 2500ish IP required) ; the only real improvment here will be to get rid of craphander low dmg for some better regulars on ratata/envy/hawk/kmp depending on TL/choice.

@racatti : if AS narf incz, i definately think the hairdryer+craphandy is to be abandonned above (and may be including) TL5. & also agree being a zerg cocooned fixer can shift ones vision of the profession pretty well (+i won't apologize for saying that ^_^).
    Last edited by bitnykk; Oct 1st, 2009 at 19:54:22. Reason: ps to racatti
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

And to think i just rolled a damn fixer...

Old post but wanted to say thank you for the summary

Since the thread has been necro'd, I'll just sigh at how long it's been and FC still just plods along.

The only people that still play fixer are those that enjoy making sector 10 twinks or simply love the idea of the profession and can't give it up.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234