Well, farming on my doc some VPs for a last OFAB item, and I made a little list of the different Nemesis we, docs, got.
- trader : GTH takes away our defense. Didn't encounter a trader yet on BS, but this is clearly a nemesis to us, docs.
- MP : if you don't wanna go full def so you can use BI, they will almost always land that fecking NSD on ya, which makes our defense unuseable too.
- shade : since their perks got unnerfed, docs stand little chance: stuns and unstoppable sea of dmg.
- NT : got debuffing/stunning nukes too, but they usually stick to triples or doubles.
- MA : stuns, good dmg overall as docs are no evaders.
- crat : chainstun, enough said?
- advy : heal eff. debuff.
- agent : got stun procs and some sort of dmg proc doing huge dmg (got hit something for near 2k/hit from that sort of proc, dunno what it was)
- soldier : nubstick with too fast recycling on FA which prolly always caps on docs. Well, only when timing well they can kill docs, but still, too easy to do.
What I would like to suggets to even out the odds:
- Leave our dots untouched by shields and layers/coon. When using blaze dot, every prof should get hit by 1k dot dmg. Using shields and layers/coon makes our only real dmg tool aka dots useless. I mean, sol with AMS = 200 ddot with blaze? what a joke, their healdelta prolly covers that.
- All profs are cannonfodder when facing a crat using the three stuns (nano + double proc), but when seeing a crat, most can raise their defenses in time to survive till stun stops and flee. Alot of profs got stun perks as well (enfo, fixer, etc.). As we, docs, lose our defenses completely, I would like to see some resistance to all stun forms added to our prof. I mean, it's retardly hard for a doc to kill other peeps, and it's soo easy to kill a doc. Remember docs got like no AAD or evades, and they can't alpha people. They are forced to go full def to see the more common debuffs get countered, but then they can't instacast their SL heals, which is almost like if we were forced through a heal debuff. CH is only alternative in full def, but long recharge and no temp hp buff.
- Make capping speed variable. Profs that can't trigger any defense right before capping should cap faster. Pet profs got pets = defense, shield or layer profs got defense too, coon profs got defense, acrobat profs got defense too...
This is what I figured on TL7 BS. I don't like pvp, but I think to make it more bearable, such changes would be appreciated. Most docs aren't pvp twinks, we were never meant to be on top of the foodchain. But it is retarded to see advies or MAs survive stuff we, docs, THE masters of healing, can't survive, just because their defense is spread out on other specialties.
I don't want docs to have evades or coon or shields, I just want to stick to heals (real ones, like BI), be able to insta them full def to have a little chance to counter debuffs and get a viable defense, etc.
Concerning the stuns, why not add the simple code:
Target profession == NOT doctor
At FC: this isn't OP! If you think it is, roll a doc, put it in a normal setup (which is more likely to be pvm oriented) and go pvp!
I've never disliked challenges, went in inf on my doc selfbuffed without boots at lvl 175 and strolled around, surviving my own trains (docs need more runspeed *cough*), I killed dungeon bosses with just dots in a 40 minute fight, were every distraction meant death. But if BS resumes to docs to just die or run around like a headless chicken till you get stunned/rooted/debuffed and die, it ain't fun.
PS: is it possible to add to BS a code so all profs automatically cast relevant buffs (like gsf, rrfe, behe, ACs, layers) on docs when in decon room? Would be appreciated