Thread: Scheol Questlines

Scheol Questlines

Any chance we could eventually see the Scheol quest, Knowledge of the Yuttos, able to be completed without investing 6 hours of soul-wrenching agony doing the Jobe Scientists quest as well?

Most of the nanos found in the Jobe Scientist quests aren't very useful, or merely a weaker version of the Yuttos quest nano. I'd like to see a little redundancy removed from the game and let players just decide which, if any, quests in Scheol they'd like to take part in.
    Screwed over for the last time.

Go find a new game to play, this one no longer deserves respect.

It's supposed to be soul-wrenching! It fits the SL storyline!

Or, just a bump.

Least the quest could be made more straight-forward, there's a LOT of running back and forth over nothing which is not good for nerves
    220 Crat, 216 MP, 174 Trader, 165 Shade

looking at the xan questlines... working as intended.

I don't have the words, in the ENTIRE English language, nor any other language I know to adequately describe how I detest the Scheol Quest lines after finding out I had to do the 'scientist' line after I did the other one JUST TO GET MY FREAKING NANO *cough* sorry, i'm still sore over that episode.

I swear if I ever meet the person that made those IRL it'll be painful.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

All NTs must do this questline, the Shelter is too valuable.
    *sigh* for my kin who have yet to suffer that infernal place.

Bump for shortening the quest by making alternate paths through the quest - which take you through harder boss fights instead of long quests.

almost every quest line in AO is ridiculously overcomplicated with difficult and unsoloable phases, requiring heavy grinding, a labatemy, a 220 friend, and lots of coffee to get you through. please revamp your quests so that they are soloable and fun to some degree. none of any of the xan quests, or dust brigade quest, or lox quests are fun, at all, in any way shape or form...they are just stupid, jump-through-hoops, and frustrate-you-in-order-to-get-you-to-quite, time sinks.

harder boss fights? are u serious? lets trade hard but boring and long, with impossible but short.

just make the quests fun and interesting, but not crazy. take the adonis quest for instance...at some point you have to kill spirits and loot them. just make the dang loots 100% with more than 1 drop so ppl in teams can get that stage done quick...spending an hour killing spirits just because a certain type wont drop for a quest is just retarded.
    Last edited by Grayfox211; Apr 16th, 2009 at 10:01:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayfox211 View Post
    harder boss fights? are u serious? lets trade hard but boring and long, with impossible but short.
    Nothing i enjoy more than a decent boss fight. Bucket'o'health, no 10k nukes - but tricks, like nanos and mezzable adds and warps. etc. Especially if its a boss-per-profession. That way each can be tailored to suit the style of combat of each.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanofat View Post
    All NTs must do this questline, the Shelter is too valuable.
    *sigh* for my kin who have yet to suffer that infernal place.

Bump for shortening the quest by making alternate paths through the quest - which take you through harder boss fights instead of long quests.
    I think they need to take out the "busy work". Parts like at the end of the scientists quest where you have to run alll the way back to ELY (as if having run all over ****ing Scheol for the last 4 hours wasn't enough) just to be sent straight back to Scheol.. for what? Because someone forgot their bluetooth earpiece and can't call the ****ing scientist to say "Ok I got your DNA.." and give you the nano himself?

Totally drop the useless part of going back to the jar lady to delivery some other data crap that in todays world (ie not 30000+ years in the future like AO is) could be faxed or emailed and not have to be hand delivered. Seriously Funcom, that's busy work, that's more and more and more running after the quest has already consisted of plenty of running. Why is more needed? Because you felt the quest was to short and/or easy and felt that more running, or running longer distances, would make it somehow feel harder or more realistic?
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by mettagirl View Post
    I don't have the words, in the ENTIRE English language, nor any other language I know to adequately describe how I detest the Scheol Quest lines after finding out I had to do the 'scientist' line after I did the other one JUST TO GET MY FREAKING NANO *cough* sorry, i'm still sore over that episode.

I swear if I ever meet the person that made those IRL it'll be painful.
    This.

Shot. Gutted. Ran over by a truck. Hang from a tree. Dried. And fed to the fishes.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space