Thread: PvP Videos 4

Nice setup, now let the big boiz do the talking!
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Racatti View Post
    How did you make target ncu transparent?
    alt+right click
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

i used esssch's method

but graft's works too i guess

Thanks, why is this not mentioned anywhere lol.

Makes such a huge difference.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild

Quote Originally Posted by Racatti View Post
    Thanks, why is this not mentioned anywhere lol.

Makes such a huge difference.
    It's mentioned somewhere :S cant remember where tho, but i def. saw it since i've always done it :/ Mebbe was in patch note
    RK
    Roxburry 220/30/70 Cratz0r
    Roxbury 220/25/70 Shadez0r
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

Was off the hook for 1,5y, must have happened meanwhile.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild

"The Tessargi Oppressor" 220/30 RK1 - P E

Lazy: down with Tessargi The Oppressor! he is literally a Frankensteinian monster made from combining Gadaffi Sadam Hitler Stalin and George Bush into one powerhungry oppressor of the free world.

A lot of fun watching these videoes

Have you guys tried SVP? Smooth Video Project. Basically lets you play back the video you're watching in your monitors refresh rate. I've got a 120hz monitor, so it'll take a 30fps video and interpolate some frames, making it smooth at 120 fps.

It's kind of like how twixtor works for slow-mo. you might get some artifacts/tearing, but jeez - its so smooth, its worth trying it at least.

Works on youtube-links too, just ctrl-c the YT link and itll pop up a media player (granted you have the client running).

http://www.svp-team.com/

give it a try! open source and free. you wont regret

<Insert witty quote here>

Blondenurse :: 220/30/67 :: doc
    Decepticon :: 220/30/70 :: adv
    Icingdeath :: 200/16/36 :: adv
    Sykebil :: 148/xx/xx :: doc
    -------------------------------------
    And many other alts

Quote Originally Posted by Blondenurse View Post
    A lot of fun watching these videoes

Have you guys tried SVP? Smooth Video Project. Basically lets you play back the video you're watching in your monitors refresh rate. I've got a 120hz monitor, so it'll take a 30fps video and interpolate some frames, making it smooth at 120 fps.

It's kind of like how twixtor works for slow-mo. you might get some artifacts/tearing, but jeez - its so smooth, its worth trying it at least.

Works on youtube-links too, just ctrl-c the YT link and itll pop up a media player (granted you have the client running).

http://www.svp-team.com/

give it a try! open source and free. you wont regret
    [/rant on]

The problem with interpolating video, especially in a video-game with the graphics like AO is the artifacts. Try applying twixtor or any other way of creating slow-motion, and it will choke. This is especially true when your source video is only 30 fps. Leaving the the plugin left with no option but guessing what happens in the next frame.

While you might get smooth playback, it will already be riddled with artifacts and video tear. Thus you already have a sub-optimal video source to edit. If you then want to edit this source, it will "only" be 30pfs to work with. This will in many cases not matter much, as the source fps won't matter. But if you want to create a slow motion effect you will meet problems. You'll want at least 60 fps so you can interpolate downwards with adequate information to bypass artifacts and video tear.

There are certain locations in AO where you can get a somewhat clean source, with only 30 fps where you can get ok slow motion effects. Typically BS and BS sign up "duel" area. This is due to the "flat" surfaces in said locations, you can also desaturate and play with brightness and gamma to minimize pixel interference.

[/rant off]
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    [/rant on]

The problem with interpolating video, especially in a video-game with the graphics like AO is the artifacts. Try applying twixtor or any other way of creating slow-motion, and it will choke. This is especially true when your source video is only 30 fps. Leaving the the plugin left with no option but guessing what happens in the next frame.

While you might get smooth playback, it will already be riddled with artifacts and video tear. Thus you already have a sub-optimal video source to edit. If you then want to edit this source, it will "only" be 30pfs to work with. This will in many cases not matter much, as the source fps won't matter. But if you want to create a slow motion effect you will meet problems. You'll want at least 60 fps so you can interpolate downwards with adequate information to bypass artifacts and video tear.

There are certain locations in AO where you can get a somewhat clean source, with only 30 fps where you can get ok slow motion effects. Typically BS and BS sign up "duel" area. This is due to the "flat" surfaces in said locations, you can also desaturate and play with brightness and gamma to minimize pixel interference.

[/rant off]

Yeah i know what you mean, there are artifacts and tearing for sure. You can lower the FPS you want it interpolated at via the settings though. If its too bad @ 120FPS, try 90, 60 or something else. You also need a pretty decent quality video to begin with, for the results to become good. Try it on Lazy's 30 minute video. It was pretty good at 90.

I used it on a Band of Brothers 1080 video, it turned out awesome. But as you say, your mileage may vary.

But it is worth trying, sometimes the results become perfect. If not, just play normal

<Insert witty quote here>

Blondenurse :: 220/30/67 :: doc
    Decepticon :: 220/30/70 :: adv
    Icingdeath :: 200/16/36 :: adv
    Sykebil :: 148/xx/xx :: doc
    -------------------------------------
    And many other alts

Just about all of the old links dont work anymore :/ Would be a real shame to lose some of these vids..

Does anyone happen to have the jenovia enf tourney vid?

Quote Originally Posted by Xirayne View Post
    Just about all of the old links dont work anymore :/ Would be a real shame to lose some of these vids..

Does anyone happen to have the jenovia enf tourney vid?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/rekido has lots of AO vids, that one might be in there.
    PvP n' Stuff (more soon™)

Proud President of Mercenaries

Quote Originally Posted by Darkripper View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/user/rekido has lots of AO vids, that one might be in there.
    Thanks but I couldn't find that one there there. Also, several of the vids are blocked in my country

Quote Originally Posted by Xirayne View Post
    Thanks but I couldn't find that one there there. Also, several of the vids are blocked in my country
    Sounds like it's time to move.

Page 126 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2676107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126