Thread: Jpgp vs sbp

Jpgp vs sbp

From what Im hearing sbp is by far the best option for a 150 trox sold for pvp. But could I with a nice setup make a pistol setup somewhat close? Im tired of the ugly blue guns!

You could always pretend to be an endgame fixer with Ofab Hawk Mk 5 and a onehander. You lose a good chunk of attack rating, quite a bit of IP, and your FA and burst will be a lot slower. You gain a gimpy (but fast!) AS and a ditto fling. And it's not blue!

I heard some traders did quite well with such a setup in TL5 BS, but they can rely on drains to get their attack rating up. I assume it'd suck for a soldier compared to spb.
    Hlep gnak!

Quote Originally Posted by Redbar View Post
    You could always pretend to be an endgame fixer with Ofab Hawk Mk 5 and a onehander. You lose a good chunk of attack rating, quite a bit of IP, and your FA and burst will be a lot slower. You gain a gimpy (but fast!) AS and a ditto fling. And it's not blue!

I heard some traders did quite well with such a setup in TL5 BS, but they can rely on drains to get their attack rating up. I assume it'd suck for a soldier compared to spb.
    Or he can just go JPGPP and a onehander....

Omg! 800 Subscribed threads now! O.o
    Last edited by Rktim; Sep 13th, 2008 at 11:01:04.
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbar View Post
    I actually did well with my sol with that setup before I went assault rifle.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

I have been thinking about making a pistol soldier (lvl 150) but the thing is, it would be more for PVE. Never really went pistol on my solja always been Assault. Only down side i can see is in pvp where im pretty sure my AR would be low (not because of skill,but because of the cap on gun) is this a valid reason to not use pistols for pvp or is my understanding of cap of the JPGPP wrong?
    RK 2
    Captian 220 soldier
    Ownsauce 220 Shade
    Captiansma 170 MA twink *RIP*
    Various other gimps

RK 1
    Ownsauce 220 crat
    Paink47 150 soldier twink *nearly finished*
    Critmonster 150 MA twink *WIP*

Quote Originally Posted by Syncaptian View Post
    Only down side i can see is in pvp where im pretty sure my AR would be low (not because of skill,but because of the cap on gun) is this a valid reason to not use pistols for pvp or is my understanding of cap of the JPGPP wrong?
    Your MBS is capped at 1k, which determines how much damage the gun can do. However, your AR (chance to hit) has no cap.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG