Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - Oct. 31st, 2008

Friday with Means - Oct. 31st, 2008

I know, I know - I'm not Famine, but I'll have to do for today.

In this Halloween edition of Friday with Means, the main man shares more from the upcoming booster, the joys of winning, and a special weekend offer letting old players experience the holiday fun for free. You can check out more here: http://www.anarchy-online.com/wsp/an...&table=CONTENT

Happy Halloween, everyone!
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Get off the throne before it eats you!!!

Edit: If that's a piece of the larger PF ... Wow, that's one big PF. Looking forward to it.

Any screen shots of The Reck? :-D
    Last edited by Trousers; Oct 31st, 2008 at 19:24:36.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by Means
    When I've been fortunate enough to eat this week, lunch at my desk has been much more entertaining with trips to the "Win" button in Old Athens. Thanks to all that played and curse you all for your good luck! I found myself repeatedly at the other end of the city. I am very seriously considering implementing this feature as a part of orbital strike mechanics, as being killed from space has never felt right to me, but further consideration and discussion is needed.
    Love you long time even for just considering that! ^^

Uber. <3
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Means
    as being killed from space has never felt right to me
    Anything else but dieing from the huge freaking blast from the orbit does not make sense ;D
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

When do i get my AO pumkin lantern ;D

Well Means u just have to chatch up the lost threats when u get your voice back

I am very seriously considering implementing this feature as a part of orbital strike mechanics, as being killed from space has never felt right to me, but further consideration and discussion is needed.
    In real life, artillery is actually an anti-personnel weapon, and pretty ineffectual vs armor. But we need OS for APTs, especially at lower TLs where there's fewer people participating (and less APTing from grace plz).

Having people bounce around from a huge friggin lazerbeam from space strikes me as... comical. But I hope you'll have a look here with my suggestion - I'd certainly reduce the lethal range of an orbital strike (if its a huge friggin lazerbeam from space, it should only have a tiny lethal radius) and maybe use the knockback on those further out due to the "shockwave". The more important thing imo is to let players back onto the field faster, and having more tl7 sites to reflect the balance of the player base would make action much more interesting.

Anyway, <3 Means \o/
    Last edited by Chrys; Nov 1st, 2008 at 06:09:25.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

please consider, spending more time on new monster/character shapes (meshes or whatever you call them) than you did before. the recycling of ever the same monster-types gets really boring.
    220 Agent + :: 220 Doctor + :: 220 Soldier + :: 220 Enforcer + :: 220 Bureaucrat + :: 217 Adventurer + :: 217 Trader + :: 159 Engineer :: 112 Fixer

Inferno Travelguides

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    In real life, artillery is actually an anti-personnel weapon, and pretty ineffectual vs armor. But we need OS for APTs, especially at lower TLs where there's fewer people participating (and less APTing from grace plz).

Having people bounce around from a huge friggin lazerbeam from space strikes me as... comical. But I hope you'll have a look here with my suggestion - I'd certainly reduce the lethal range of an orbital strike (if its a huge friggin lazerbeam from space, it should only have a tiny lethal radius) and maybe use the knockback on those further out due to the "shockwave". The more important thing imo is to let players back onto the field faster, and having more tl7 sites to reflect the balance of the player base would make action much more interesting.

Anyway, <3 Means \o/
    Thats actually my favorite suggestion also, add a 10sec stun and a small dmg made to the people getting knocked back tho (say 1 of the 4 hits you get today so you loose about 30% HP) so it feels more realistic ^^

Ps. <3 Friday with Means!! =D
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Keex View Post
    please consider, spending more time on new monster/character shapes (meshes or whatever you call them) than you did before. the recycling of ever the same monster-types gets really boring.
    bump
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Dirty Underpants of Bungerman
    Runspeed: - 1989
    Sense: -314
    Intelligence: -50

These befouled undergarments are painfully confining having previously belonged to a detail-oriented individual with much smaller genitals. Walking is difficult...running is impossible. Stains of a dubious nature adorn both the front and back of these "tighty-whities". Noxious fumes make your eyes burn and your nose run while wearing these. One can only imagine what you are doing wearing them.

Those fences better be able to fry people, otherwise i call carebear on u!
    TWADER - Rimor Clanner - 220/31/70 - Trox Trader of Quetzalcoatl
    ATLANTEAN SERVER
    The Firm
    Godt Saa... Eller - STEEL!
    House Maadiah
    RIMOR SERVER
    The Syndicate
    Quetzlcoat

Quote Originally Posted by ICCKoruption View Post
    If you go to old athens, or omni entertainment be sure to look for the Rubi-ka museum of natural history. you will find numerous Traders that have been immaculately restored to their original states, some archeological digs were intentionally based around reclaim terminals.
    if you do find a trader still in circulation, be sure to check the expiry date, they are usually marked :best before june 2001.

Haha nice pictures! Who made the pumpkin like that? Masterpiece!
    Lordran 220/30/70 Soldier, Equip

Enfoosz 200/22/42 Enfo
    Fixxet 170/21/42 Fixer
    Nanolin 165/15/42 NT
    Ilonta 150/18/36 Doctor, equip

Quote Originally Posted by Twangleman View Post
    Those fences better be able to fry people, otherwise i call carebear on u!
    They should also come with little padded seats on top of them.

Neutrals need love too!!
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    They should also come with little padded seats on top of them.
    Electrical chairs?
    Former President of Unlimited High Society - We're recruiting 220/30/66 Eternalist Mardonge - Equip 220/25/70 Savior Bioth - Equip 220/22/64 Dictator Cratzi - Equip 220/22/58 Mogul Stressed 199/22/45 Don Riksmongo - Equip 194/19/52 Spetsnaz 176/18/42 Master 5th Dan Maofex - Equip 100/10/28 Biomare - Equip Foremans Twink ************************************************** Be vewy vewy quiet, Im hunting whinomen

Quote Originally Posted by Maofex View Post
    Electrical chairs?
    You could call them that I suppose...
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

just an IWIN button knockback to replace OS is just silly, there needs to be more consequence, 10 second stun as someone said is kinda cool as long as it effects MA's as well. Or maybe an OS should take HALF of peoples hp, regardless of how much they have or if they're in a fight when it hits. but just a knockback?! that's silly Means..I appreciate your concern but come on

btw, GIMMEH THAT CHAIR!!

give DB a rest alr and work on new Battlestation maps I'm totally being selfish, I know. <3
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    just an IWIN button knockback to replace OS is just silly, there needs to be more consequence, 10 second stun as someone said is kinda cool as long as it effects MA's as well. Or maybe an OS should take HALF of peoples hp, regardless of how much they have or if they're in a fight when it hits. but just a knockback?! that's silly Means..I appreciate your concern but come on
    How about reducing the player to 1 HP and 1 nano like pocket bosses, and the I Win knockback?

Quote Originally Posted by gergiskoo View Post
    How about reducing the player to 1 HP and 1 nano like pocket bosses, and the I Win knockback?
    Ooooo AOE nukes will rawk then
    "Footlight" Agent
    "Weasel" Fixer
    "Hound" Shade
    "Universe" Keeper

that's sounds like the win to me, let's hope Means agrees

Not so sure about the nano tho, since you would be targeting certain professions with more of a consequence than others. e.g. - the NT/Trader compared to the adv/enf that can cocoon or bior until he regens health.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Haha Omni SB that clams complain about has this little dot effect...
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast