Thread: Startup VP

Startup VP

One thing I think would be kinda interesting is to give players with Lost Eden a sampling of VP - say, 500. This would be enough to buy the Mk1 version of whatever weapon(s) you use, and perhaps some armor as well.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

No. If anything, LE mishes are actually scaled properly at low level with decent reward (vs cost of stuff), decent difficulty (soloable to the twinks without OSBs) and handing them stuff on a platter is stupid. Most people can buy a full set of ql25 Ofab if they want just from a couple hours of LE mishes (e.g. 5 mishes)
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

then i would say recieve points per perk level you gain.
    like lvl 10 = 40, 20 = 80 etc.
    just cause you bought the explansion.

Don't think you should just give it to them, but adding some quest for vp on noob island or a bit later might be nice. The mechanics and location of gaining vp is anything but intuitive for a brand new player after all...

Quote Originally Posted by Phargus View Post
    ...snip...
    The mechanics and location of gaining vp is anything but intuitive for a brand new player after all...
    So basically very much consistent with anything else for a freshly started AO player.... /

@OP: Not a bad idea, but maybe tie it to a quest explaining what VP is and how they can be obtained.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Give them 10 VP & ql 1 armour & weaps to buy :P

(Social for vets too! )
    Troxxor - Atrox Enforcer - My Ganker [Target]
    Slights - Solitus Enforcer - My Tanker [Target]

Loyal General of Ascension
    www.clan-ascension.org
    Rimor | Clan
    Significant Alts: SlightChange | Bokken | Takken

bump for some method

maybe random drops for (low) VP value from n00b isle spidies ???
    “It takes 37 muscles to frown and 22 to smile ... but it only takes 4 to reach out and punch the humour-impaired in the face.”

make vp points optainable by random rk mish.

le mish are too hard to solo for sertain chars on some levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    So basically very much consistent with anything else for a freshly started AO player.... /
    Well.. yeah, but you gotta start somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by rhitman View Post
    make vp points optainable by random rk mish.

le mish are too hard to solo for sertain chars on some levels.
    Or they could just make solo LE missions.

LE missions where never designed to be solo'd hence why you need a team to pull them