Thread: Current state of battlegroup heal in PVP

Current state of battlegroup heal in PVP

In regards to Assault Force Medic/Battlegroup Heal perks - do they still affect same faction in duels? In a battlestation scenario, will they affect same faction on opposite team (or potentially other faction on same team)? I don't want to end up accidentally healing half the opponents... This would be at TL 5/150, which only gives me access to the first two BGH heals/AFM 5, if that has any bearing on if they're worth it for me to use personally.

Thanks for any guidance!
    Theppy, Alt Addict and Collector of Oddities
    Current project: dreaming of private servers

good question!!

I have a doc I'll maybe check it out tonight.

BS didn't run while I was online.

I remember when the aoe/same faction heals on my adv did this, they fixed it tho. hopefully it's not working this way, seems like the same type of situation as any aoe..just a guess..also HI!
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

I haven't joined agents vs medsuits and return to the bar for some time, but i checked the aoforum yesterday since forever and i came across this which made me curious.SO, i logged my omni doc my neutral keeper and some omni froobies , flagged them, teamed the froobs with the keeper and starting hitting the doc, use of BGH (targeted on the doc ofc) healed all the omni toons teamed with the neut keeper while happily whacking the doc, dunno if there is some bs-specific exception added in the code but seems highly doubtful.
    Gabrielpeter, Organlegger, Ypexwde, Findnkeeper, Sp.icecaravan cause apparently sp.ice gets censored oO, Strpb, Xasomerhs, Wtbhoardcure, Hasomeris, Panzerwerfer, Wurfrahmen40, Stabilizer, Stukazufuss, Hohoikilledu, Aimedslaps and some 40 more paid and froobs. Probably the last AO player from Greece for quite a while now...

Quote Originally Posted by kindabored View Post
    I haven't joined agents vs medsuits and return to the bar for some time, but i checked the aoforum yesterday since forever and i came across this which made me curious.SO, i logged my omni doc my neutral keeper and some omni froobies , flagged them, teamed the froobs with the keeper and starting hitting the doc, use of BGH (targeted on the doc ofc) healed all the omni toons teamed with the neut keeper while happily whacking the doc, dunno if there is some bs-specific exception added in the code but seems highly doubtful.
    Good job.

/thread

Thanks for the input and testing all, and an overdue howdy to old friends.

Just went through some one-on-one testing... In duels against same faction, BGH seems to work as a self-only heal. Attempting to hit the opponent with it results in the specific message: "Target is engaged in a duel." All good there. Testing in the Arena, however, was similar to what Kindabored describes. BGH landed on the same-faction 'opponent', despite the fact that we were both engaged in a fight with each other. Perhaps something to keep out of the BS toolkit, unless one happens to end up on a same-faction team anyway.
    Theppy, Alt Addict and Collector of Oddities
    Current project: dreaming of private servers