Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Friday With Means - January 16th, 2009

What happens if this is used near water? Pppl gonna end 120m out in the water and then get shot to S**T when they try to get back?

I can already see the solution to that one. It's: alt+f4x2 and then play something a bit less ill thought through.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    What happens if this is used near water? Pppl gonna end 120m out in the water and then get shot to S**T when they try to get back?

I can already see the solution to that one. It's: alt+f4x2 and then play something a bit less ill thought through.
    I was chatting with Tia in game earlier and he made the very good point that the damage of OS has already been done in the fact that if you compare the number of Omni PvPers that have been around for a long time and involved in NW, to the number of Clans, the difference is massive. It taking FC 2 years to acknowledge that something should be done, has taken its toll.

As has the refusal to cycle the default server up until recently, which is just resulting in RK1 getting more froobs while getting little to no new blood in the TL7 ranks.

It is very much a case of locking the barn doors after the horse has bolted.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    I was chatting with Tia in game earlier and he made the very good point that the damage of OS has already been done in the fact that if you compare the number of Omni PvPers that have been around for a long time and involved in NW, to the number of Clans, the difference is massive. It taking FC 2 years to acknowledge that something should be done, has taken its toll.

As has the refusal to cycle the default server up until recently, which is just resulting in RK1 getting more froobs while getting little to no new blood in the TL7 ranks.

It is very much a case of locking the barn doors after the horse has bolted.
    Imo this new OS is nothing good for claners,claners are huge outnumbered at tl7 and you had only one chance and it was wipe omnis with insta death from OS.
    You had success with it in PW sometimes,but now if this OS doesn´t kill us,you have no chance anymore.
    I hope you aren´t now frustrated from new OS

Quote Originally Posted by Darkirbiska View Post
    Imo this new OS is nothing good for claners,claners are huge outnumbered at tl7 and you had only one chance and it was wipe omnis with insta death from OS.
    You had success with it in PW sometimes,but now if this OS doesn´t kill us,you have no chance anymore.
    I hope you aren´t now frustrated from new OS
    If we'd had this change made to OS before most of our TL7 PvPers quit the game, it'd be a bit different.

As it stands now, as you say we're greatly outnumbered and thus it fixes very little.

Oh well, maybe RK2 will see the benefit from it.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

If we'd had this change made to OS before most of our TL7 PvPers quit the game, it'd be a bit different.

As it stands now, as you say we're greatly outnumbered and thus it fixes very little.

Ouch,i have to agree

It's gonna be great for ranged ppl to pewpew helpess melee classes.

Funfun.

Funfun.
    I left BS right now and i wanted to write it,but you were faster.
    Knockback effect will move you approximately 120 meters from where you were hit, on landing you will be subject to a 30ish second/not removeable snare (to make it slightly more difficult to regroup efficiently.)
    I can imagine how big love ranged got from FC in this case.
    A lot of melee players will pwned very hard and snare isn´t good imo.

Funfun.
    As if melee classes were ever something else then a cannon fodder in TL7 NW.

can we get any explanation to why Funcom has decied to do something now and not earlier ? has someone from funcom finally been hit by a OS ? would love to hear that. something must have caused this chance of mind, all this time we heard OS and all the other LE **** was working as it was supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkishpunk View Post
    can we get any explanation to why Funcom has decied to do something now and not earlier ? has someone from funcom finally been hit by a OS ? would love to hear that. something must have caused this chance of mind, all this time we heard OS and all the other LE **** was working as it was supposed to be.
    Means.
    /disco

Quote Originally Posted by pinkishpunk View Post
    Means.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    I'm not going to let it stop me from trying other strange ideas in the future.
    What about giving some love to 1hb/2hb perklines ? Or is that a too strange idea ?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubby View Post
    Means.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    Means.
    Indeed.

I am not bandwagonning(is that a word?) Means has the enthusiasm of some guy you teamed last night. Some newb who is still overawed by parts of this game. Some guy you took round one dungeon or another, or got their first garden key for them.
    Some guy you took up BS for their first time after they were away from game for years.

Sil was a whole order of magnitude better than his predecessor...Means I feel like I am actually playing this game with him. I probably am, I believe he has more than a few alts of varying levels. Don't stop Means please

This 'Means' Progress <3
    210/18 Solitus Ranged Advy RUSTINEL * GARRZ Soldier Solitus 166/21
    145/18 Solitus Engineer DROIDAGE * AVYLORAN Keeper Solitus 161/14
    97/10 Solitus Metaphysicist MEHFIS * ZHERE Nanotech Nanomage 85/9
    Operator SCARCITY Fixer Opifex 49/5 Only TL2 Fixer solo title 7, all servers
    The Smuggler's Tale
    New Beginnings

Advisor of Shattered Dreams and Lumen Orien

Co-founder of Lumen Orien

roll a fixer then means

Means got it wrong I think. It is not knockback that borkes collision mechanics, the problem is that it is already bugged to hell. Imo it needs a serious revision, and probably worths the time and the effort to correct some of the most annoying bugs in the game.

It really needs to be fixed some time. I know that reworking a long piece of code is a huge pain, but if that is feasable, go for it, I think no one minds a little delay of the booster.
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

The code for collision would be a little bit larger then the code for the render engine "I think". It wouldnt exactlly be a quick thing to do.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    The code for collision would be a little bit larger then the code for the render engine "I think". It wouldnt exactlly be a quick thing to do.
    I don't think so actually. Code for rendering is quite massive. Out of curiosity, checkout Ogre from SVN :P
    AO's collision is quite basic, there's just a risk when originally developed it's integrated into various parts it shouldn't be (as many parts of AO did).
    Collision code itself usually isn't very large. It's just some math + some hacks (cause we can't afford the CPU power for a "perfect" solution).
    It's an annoying thing to develop though. To do it right you want to be quite strong on math.
    Last edited by Vhaxx; Jan 18th, 2009 at 09:59:52.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Hi,

The 7s -> 5s changes worries me a bit from the view point of lower lvl notum wars.
    It will become even easier for people outside the range of the field to defend the field.

Previously one could attack a low lvl field, tl6-7 came to OS you (this shouldn't happen, should be in the level range of the field). You would have a good chance to avoid the OS.

Now the same happens and you have much less chance to avoid OS.
    ->The problem with people able to plant markers to fields outside their pvp range becomes more apparent.
    -> Fix it?

RK1 is the default server.

If you drive all the new players away from your faction and/or server, it's not FC's fault.
    If you can't wait a couple of months for new game mechanics to balance out side XP, it's also not FC's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Zadamm View Post
    ->The problem with people able to plant markers to fields outside their pvp range becomes more apparent.
    -> Fix it?
    Yes,fix it pls,in tl7 NW there is everytime some lowbie from Eq only for plant OS and we can´t kill him....

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast