Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Friday With Means - January 16th, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros View Post
    RK1 is the default server.

If you drive all the new players away from your faction and/or server, it's not FC's fault.
    If you can't wait a couple of months for new game mechanics to balance out side XP, it's also not FC's fault.
    It's the default now, sure. How about the 2 years the default was rk2? Imo it should automatically switch every so often, maybe as little as once per week.

As for OS - I'll admit I'm not all that involved in towers other than defending what my org has, so maybe I'm not thinking it through, but instead of doing dmg at all, why can't it just be a knockback with either a strong snare with short (10s?) duration or a mild one with longer duration, as well as either a 'defending org OS only' with faster recharge, or, as Tiamin said, a cooldown per lca? Either way would still keep people spread out without being as exploitable as current suggestions, would it not?
    Kain97 - 220 Fixer, President, Pantheon
    Maskirovka - 220 Shade
    Dominum - 220 Bureaucrat
    Severit - 220 Enforcer
    Sayet - 220 Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Stop being obtuse, do you mean the omni-soli sb? because if so that was delt with at the same time.
    Sorry, I missed the part where omni soli SB got a lockout similar to clan soli SB, and I also missed the part where the balance between a pro-active SB and a re-active SB was addressed
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    The Effect:
    Previously the OS would remove reflects and capped-hit you four times for 200000. This would kill anyone caught in it. The new mechanic on TestLive will make use of both suggestions from me (based on refinements from some of you) with both a large knockback effect and a smaller hit. Being caught in the OS will now: Hit you capped twice (Leaving you roughly 40% health), Knockback effect will move you approximately 120 meters from where you were hit, on landing you will be subject to a 30ish second/not removeable snare (to make it slightly more difficult to regroup efficiently.). The OS will effectively remove any roots currently running on the player.(NOTE: The root removing action is not in this version of TestLive but will be in the next.)
    Or are you attempting to imply that the SB's are useful in some way that isnt an OS strike?
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Or are you attempting to imply that the SB's are useful in some way that isnt an OS strike?
    You are wasting your time with him.
    Avari has his "SB complex". He needs psychiatrist and he will be ok again.
    And this:The OS will effectively remove any roots currently running on the player.
    He doesn´t see it.

SB complex:He sees only poping SB3 and root everywhere and everytime.He doesn´t know how he should remove it or resist.You can show them how,but they doesn´t see it!!!!! ><
    Last edited by Darkirbiska; Jan 19th, 2009 at 23:58:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkirbiska View Post
    You are wasting your time with him.
    Avari has his "SB complex". He needs psychiatrist and he will be ok again.
    And this:The OS will effectively remove any roots currently running on the player.
    He doesn´t see it.

SB complex:He sees only poping SB3 and root everywhere and everytime.He doesn´t know how he should remove it or resist.You can show them how,but they doesn´t see it!!!!! ><
    And omnis are so much better when it comes to justifying how things are and have been ever since SL came out.
    Biggest lie of the century

Quote Originally Posted by Mavritanic View Post
    Make clan PvP zerg-bot is destroy pvp-action in AO.

Tnx!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamin View Post
    And omnis are so much better when it comes to justifying how things are and have been ever since SL came out.
    Pretty much. Don't you remember when the omni garden key quests gave clan keys as rewards?

Clans have been trying to play the "Devs always liked you better" card ever since those got fixed, even though the vast majority of issues they have are trivial in comparison.
    Last edited by Keldros; Jan 20th, 2009 at 00:57:21.

So tired of hearing about OS. Take it out of the game completely. We'll still wipe the floor with clan, then they will have nothing to whine about and hopefully will all just quit and play "Hello Kitty Island Adventures"

http://www.hellokittyonline.com/us/ check it out...i'm going to start playing it soonish myself. There's no whining in this game...just MEOOOOOWWWW

Last edited by Madrid; Jan 20th, 2009 at 06:08:24.
    Almadena

Quote Originally Posted by Darkirbiska View Post
    He doesn´t see it.
    Here's the proof that you have no clue what you're talking about. It has nothing to do with the effect of the OS, or what happens after you've been hit/knocked back. It's got everything to do with being hit by the OS in the first place. Jesus christ you're dense.

If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

when can we preorder? and can you please mount a rocketlauncher on the hover chair.
    Irmo 220 sol
    Hogfather 220 doc "ER...HO. HO. HO."
    Wintersmith 220 crat
    Ainur 209 trader
    Viralbots Incorporated

"Real children don't go hoppity-skip unless they are on drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by irmo View Post
    when can we preorder?
    Yeah.....

When it's 90% done.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros View Post
    Pretty much. Don't you remember when the omni garden key quests gave clan keys as rewards?

Clans have been trying to play the "Devs always liked you better" card ever since those got fixed, even though the vast majority of issues they have are trivial in comparison.
    Yes, 2k dmg shield+instant nuke is comparable to you not getting your garden keys, please...
    Un-avoidable, un-removable and un-resistable root that lasts for 30s was a hassle pre-LE, it was a devestation post-LE and your example involves garden keys?

How about how clanners couldn't farm for arul saba bracers cause the penumbra boss was redeemed faction (figured I needed an example on your level)?
    Biggest lie of the century

Quote Originally Posted by Mavritanic View Post
    Make clan PvP zerg-bot is destroy pvp-action in AO.

Tnx!

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Orbital Strikes: The intention.

Timing:
    Orbital Strikes should now execute in 5 seconds from the beginning of the effect where before they took 7 seconds. As they will no longer kill players the ability to get away and not be "spread out" is not as important. As it is no longer an instant death effect it should no longer be as easy to avoid. OS will still be available to orgs at the same rate vs. time. Should an increase or decrease be required we can adjust it later based on feedback.

The Effect:
    Previously the OS would remove reflects and capped-hit you four times for 200000. This would kill anyone caught in it. The new mechanic on TestLive will make use of both suggestions from me (based on refinements from some of you) with both a large knockback effect and a smaller hit. Being caught in the OS will now: Hit you capped twice (Leaving you roughly 40% health), Knockback effect will move you approximately 120 meters from where you were hit, on landing you will be subject to a 30ish second/not removeable snare (to make it slightly more difficult to regroup efficiently.). The OS will effectively remove any roots currently running on the player.(NOTE: The root removing action is not in this version of TestLive but will be in the next.)

Hopefully this will be effective in the goal of spreading out combat and reducing the importance of OS mechanics in Notum Wars pvp.
    Means,

While you probably won't read this I'd just like to point out that a much more simple fix to this mess would be to simply restrict orbital use to the defending org of the tower field in question. Same 15min lockout. This fixes all the orbital spamming at lower TL and high TL, and imo gives a fair advantage to the defenders who are almost always caught off guard by an attack.

I can't imagine too many people could complain about a change like this. I just think the knockback effect on the new orbitals is going to get messy and more annoying...I can already see people getting thrown out into lakes and stuff. Idk that's my $.02.

--Steve
    220/30/70 - Atrox Agent - Tinypain
    220/30/70 - Atrox Keeper - Ivekeeper
    220/25/70 - Atrox Fixer - Zedy
    220/30/70 - Solitus Soldier - Tequiila
    172/20/35 - Nanomage Agent - Nanocide
    Storm

Quote Originally Posted by zedy View Post
    While you probably won't read this I'd just like to point out that a much more simple fix to this mess would be to simply restrict orbital use to the defending org of the tower field in question. Same 15min lockout. This fixes all the orbital spamming at lower TL and high TL, and imo gives a fair advantage to the defenders who are almost always caught off guard by an attack.
    I would agree, but only if the OS effect is site wide, not just in a small area that means you have to time it so exactly.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Quote Originally Posted by Madrid View Post
    So tired of hearing about OS. Take it out of the game completely. We'll still wipe the floor with clan, then they will have nothing to whine about and hopefully will all just quit and play "Hello Kitty Island Adventures"

http://www.hellokittyonline.com/us/ check it out...i'm going to start playing it soonish myself. There's no whining in this game...just MEOOOOOWWWW

omg what ya think will happen if all clan qwit,. smart post men keep it up..

Quote Originally Posted by Kain97 View Post
    It's the default now, sure. How about the 2 years the default was rk2? Imo it should automatically switch every so often, maybe as little as once per week.
    ^
    ^^
    ^^^
    ^
    ^
    ^

That.....
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by robbert66 View Post
    omg what ya think will happen if all clan qwit,. smart post men keep it up..
    Your ability to sense sarcasm is limitless.
    Almadena

these friday with means are having less and less content every time....

Can we get some info on the graphics engine progress and how the remaining pfs shaping up?

Quote Originally Posted by AnarchicReborn View Post

Can we get some info on the graphics engine progress and how the remaining pfs shaping up?
    Most likely because there's nothing to add, and receiving the same message week after week is a drag too. It'd just be something along the lines of:

"Work on the graphics engine is shaping up nice. This past week we have continued stripping out the old engine and implementing the new one."

"An updated version of the Xan Playfield has been put on test and is available for testing." (<- this has in fact been posted somewhere iirc)

Quote Originally Posted by AnarchicReborn View Post

This Friday, Means will put a new part to his post "Random Filler that isn't true but should get you a few days of random forum flaming."

Up this week

"I would like Crats to get on test and give us some feed back on their new CH, it's got an AoE 100m 40s Stun attached to it to give the crat enough time to make sure that the heal is in fact complete."
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast