Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Friday With Means - January 16th, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamin View Post
    Yes, 2k dmg shield+instant nuke is comparable to you not getting your garden keys, please...
    Un-avoidable, un-removable and un-resistable root that lasts for 30s was a hassle pre-LE, it was a devestation post-LE and your example involves garden keys?

How about how clanners couldn't farm for arul saba bracers cause the penumbra boss was redeemed faction (figured I needed an example on your level)?
    Yep. All pretty much insignificant compared to having your entire faction locked out of buying SL nanos from garden/sanctuary vendors.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros View Post
    Yep. All pretty much insignificant compared to having your entire faction locked out of buying SL nanos from garden/sanctuary vendors.
    Can someone point out what the hell a (serious) bug that got fixed, has to do with a clear and present bias of advantages when it comes to sided SBs?
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Can someone point out what the hell a (serious) bug that got fixed, has to do with a clear and present bias of advantages when it comes to sided SBs?
    No clue, let's just feed the troll and maybe he'll leave.
    Biggest lie of the century

Quote Originally Posted by Mavritanic View Post
    Make clan PvP zerg-bot is destroy pvp-action in AO.

Tnx!

serious question, what are the effects of all of the SBs?
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    The Darker Side (with links to the Omni SB effects based on breed and Level)

The Lighter Side (with links to the Clan SB effects based on breed and Level)

The Unknown Path (with links to the Neutral SB effects based on breed and Level)

To many SB effects to post here but each of the above items has links to the SB's for different Breeds at different levels of the SB effect.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

From memory, Omni Soli SB is an AoE root, Trox is an AoE snare and DoT, NM is an AoE nuke, not sure about Opi I -think- it only buffs attack rating.

Clan Soli is a root remover/aoe heal however it gets a lock out so can't be spammed, unlike the Omni counterpart. Trox is an attack blocker, NM is an AoE nanopool boost and nano HoT and Opi is an AoE 1k aad.

EDIT: Ebon's link is far more informative
    Last edited by Hacre; Jan 21st, 2009 at 15:29:25.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

TY, however i applogize i worded my question wrong.

I meant, what effects are the imballanced ones?
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

ok so the problem is omni sol doesnt get a "dont everyone press the damn button" key andis not removed by clan sol?

<@Kintaii> L2P

ok so the problem is omni sol doesnt get a "dont everyone press the damn button" key andis not removed by clan sol?
    Not quite.

Clan Sol SB -does- remove the root, finally (it didn't always, it certainly didn't when it mattered). However, Clan can only cast the AoE root remover once every 30s, whereas Omni can pop the SB root as often as they like, available SBs permitting.

So:

Omni: SB roots
    Clan: Clears SB root
    Omni: SB roots again
    Clan: Can't clear the root due to 30s lockout.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

so omni needs a 30s lock out.

<@Kintaii> L2P

You might want to check this instead:

http://www.lotekk.net/ao/sb_clan.png
    http://www.lotekk.net/ao/sb_omni.png
    http://www.lotekk.net/ao/sb_neut.png

The discussion about supposed shadowbreed imbalances is flawed from definition if it doesnt involve comparing all the effects. Yup, Omni Solitus SB currently> Solitus Clan SB when it comes to rooting. Then again , when you look at wicked sick stuff like Atrox Clan SB - perhaps it should.

While we are at this topic, it would appropriate to bring the question why Omni Opifex Shadowbreed sucks so horribly, right? If we are currently trying to fix the imbalances, kindly please fix them all. Otherwise please rename this operation to "boosting the clan faction because its losing on all fronts".
    Last edited by IHaveHugeNick; Jan 21st, 2009 at 15:49:54.

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    While we are at this topic, it would appropriate to bring the question why Omni Opifex Shadowbreed sucks so horribly, right? If we are currently trying to fix the imbalances, kindly please fix them all. Otherwise please rename this operation to "boosting the clan faction because its losing on all fronts".
    Omni Opifex Shadowbreed sucks? Try being clan opifex, 10s duration on our SB, woopdi freaking doo.

Edit: Or how about Clan Nanomage SB? Not even a nuke.

Tnx!

Omni Opifex Shadowbreed sucks? Try being clan opifex, 10s duration on our SB, woopdi freaking doo.
    Oh my, and this compares to Omni Opifex SB lacking...well...lacking anything useful at all, exactly how? Your complaint isnt even in the same league.
    Last edited by IHaveHugeNick; Jan 21st, 2009 at 16:22:23.

Oh my, and this compares to Omni Opifex SB lacking...well...lacking anything useful at all, exactly how? Your complaint isnt even in the same league.
    It's not? The duration is far too short to be useful.

Tnx!

And clan nanomage SB , last time i checked, gives 100% resistance to both Omni Solitus root, and Omni Atrox snare, which , judging by thousands of posts on this forum, is supposedly a big issue, right? Did suddenly temporary immunity to your biggest complaint became a bad thing?

It's not? The duration is far too short to be useful.
    If you are trying to imply having something useful with short duration puts you in the worse position compared to someone who has nothing useful at all, i'm just gonna go to corner now and die of the lulz.

Of course, that's assuming "balance" is actually your concern.

And clan nanomage SB , last time i checked, gives 100% resistance to both Omni Solitus root, and Omni Atrox snare, which , judging by thousands of posts on this forum, is supposedly a big issue, right? Did suddenly temporary immunity to your biggest complaint became a bad thing?
    Uh huh. Does uploading the Clan NM SB also empower the owner with immense psychic ability to be able to pinpoint when Omni plan on using their SB?
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

No, but it can be used after the 1st one, to cover that 30s of lock out on the soli sb.

<@Kintaii> L2P

No, but it can be used after the 1st one, to cover that 30s of lock out on the soli sb.
    So, two SBs, to deal with one?

Shall we even go into how many Nanomage vs Solitus exist?
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

User Modify Run speed 1000
    User Modify Concealment 2000
    User Modify Offense modifier 800
    User Modify Critical chance 15

For 30seconds you have 800 off + 15 crit, clearly not useless.

User Modify Perception 2000
    User Modify Projectile damage modifier 800
    User Modify Melee damage modifier 800
    User Modify Energy damage modifier 800
    User Modify Chemical damage modifier 800
    User Modify Radiation damage modifier 800
    User Modify Cold damage modifier 800
    User Modify Fire damage modifier 800
    User Modify Poison damage modifier 800
    User Change Absorb hits 9
    User Change Absorb special attacks 25

Wooh, for 10 seconds I get 800 dmg and a chance to survive. (1k add def as an aoe effect). TEN SECONDS.

And yes, clan nanomage has a SELF clearing on all roots.

Tnx!

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast