Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A chance for an engineer PVP gun! repent!!

Pls stop with these voodoo chants, you may summon TheTakun.
    Tinfoil hat makes me bald and it really is a pain
    I feel it every morning when I see the shower drain.
    That being said, it wasn't all in vain,
    At least the aliens aren't probing my brain.

Welp, the Silverback has a 20ish second recharge with the setup I made on testlive....... fairly lackluster results. Can't keep ql300 silverback non-oe either so we're stuck with 275. Back to the drawing board I guess.
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dysfunction View Post
    Welp, the Silverback has a 20ish second recharge with the setup I made on testlive....... fairly lackluster results. Can't keep ql300 silverback non-oe either so we're stuck with 275. Back to the drawing board I guess.
    Have you tried any combination with Kick Pistol? I sure would love to go back to using that beauty
    Or even, have you tried Sloth yet? I really wanna see how that turns out, as my engi uses Granade and I'm too lazy to IPR
    Protektor- Engydoggy- Spydoggy- RealMadrid - Some others.
    Rolling around RK since Dec 2001.
    ¡Se habla español!

I was lopping off 30% of your soldier's HP every 11s 7 years ago with a 1.6s recharge weapon, surely you can do better than this dismal attempt at twinking!

300 imps, full cc, scope and snipers friend should be basically at cap, unless you are atrox. That only leaves the issues of not being able to keep a QL300 gun out of OE, having to use imps in half your slots, having to swap a dozen items to cast your pet buffs, and having to keep ATE3 perked. And that's basically why engies need a special pvp weapons like MPs got, where's our dreadloch silverback with 1800 reqs!
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Louderer789 View Post
    I was lopping off 30% of your soldier's HP every 11s 7 years ago with a 1.6s recharge weapon, surely you can do better than this dismal attempt at twinking!

300 imps, full cc, scope and snipers friend should be basically at cap, unless you are atrox. That only leaves the issues of not being able to keep a QL300 gun out of OE, having to use imps in half your slots, having to swap a dozen items to cast your pet buffs, and having to keep ATE3 perked. And that's basically why engies need a special pvp weapons like MPs got, where's our dreadloch silverback with 1800 reqs!
    Using the 3 ql300 AS imps and full CC except for jathos' chest you can reach the cap if you use a 275 scope instead of ELLTS (ELLTS requires full CC). Using the 275 scope you can actually swap enough items to not need aitech3 as long as you can self 1800 CL with your IP layout, but it requires the stupid ancient technical bracer and swapping out all of your ncus :< Basically its such a huge pain in the ass. You weren't joking when you said a dozen swaps either..... it was exactly 12 items I had to swap out haha.

Edit; And HEY! It was my first time messing around with an engi in a pvp setup! I was hoping that it wouldn't be as tightly defined as to what you HAVE to wear and what is optional.
    Last edited by Dysfunction; Apr 9th, 2015 at 17:03:17.
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.

Using the 3 ql300 AS imps and full CC except for jathos' chest you can reach the cap if you use a 275 scope instead of ELLTS (ELLTS requires full CC). Using the 275 scope you can actually swap enough items to not need aitech3 as long as you can self 1800 CL with your IP layout, but it requires the stupid ancient technical bracer and swapping out all of your ncus :< Basically its such a huge pain in the ass. You weren't joking when you said a dozen swaps either..... it was exactly 12 items I had to swap out haha.

Edit; And HEY! It was my first time messing around with an engi in a pvp setup! I was hoping that it wouldn't be as tightly defined as to what you HAVE to wear and what is optional.
    Man that sounds awful.

I think my setup is far more flexible than what I give credit for.

If you commit to full CC and a scope (this requires being soli so you can swap sniper's friend), then you only actually need to swap at most 2 items to cast everything (I have a QL 281 nano controller, and a infused nano thingy for Util 1) and getting back to combat is just swapping in sniper's friend and infused ancient defender or masterpiece ancient combat tuner into util 1.

I generally use collatz Rshould/Lshould/Back which gives 50 nanoskills and a selection of boosts plus 1500 HP I think. It's probably not the best setup but it is flexible and easy to use.

Unless you want to become famous as that Engi who dies all the time, Silverback is only going to be worth it if you have 255 Ransack and AS contract.
    Last edited by lufa1982; Apr 10th, 2015 at 03:05:59.

I'm not changing from Troa'ler; I made that decision long ago.

There's too many benefits to it not to, even with the nerf, and it doesn't affect engi that much if you are already using AS eye/RW full CC, snipers friend.

I think I come up 20 skill points short of capped recharge, which, frankly, isn't an issue.

The only thing that is kind of annoying is there's inability to keep AS capped with a offense hud 3 which is nice if you're in BS and notice there's a bunch of keeper's or something on the other side.

I still see that troaler still being possible, but if silverback is remotely probable in a solid setup would greatly OD a pistol setup without perk damage at all. If you've tested it at all on TL would be amazing and I'm willing to **** around with it for you.... But in an optimal setup I feel a keeper has literally 0% chance against a well kemp engi
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.

I still see that troaler still being possible, but if silverback is remotely probable in a solid setup would greatly OD a pistol setup without perk damage at all. If you've tested it at all on TL would be amazing and I'm willing to **** around with it for you.... But in an optimal setup I feel a keeper has literally 0% chance against a well kemp engi
    Ya...

keep vs engi in 18.6 is hands down dead keeper OR a keeper who's real fast on his toes and can stay alive long enough to deplete all your defences which takes a very long time then somehow manages to get a perk alpha off while still staying out of range of the pets.

It's actually possible for a keeper to kill an engi on 18.6, but it does take a bit of kiting. If engi has enough AR to perk the keep tho, he won't stand a chance.

In 18.7 on the other hand, I think this fight will go both ways. keep has fast refreshing 2 block shield which will soak a HUUUGE portion of landed hits from chicken+dog, so you'll really be in a tight fight trying to KILL the keeper while trying to stay alive from heavy perk/proc damage (not to mention the add dmg proc keeper got is a lot more significant now and will result in a alpha hitting for about 1k more damage after reflects).

But whatever about that.

I just wanted to say that I think proc chances are too few with silverback, and with Rarm implant having shotgun NOT fling shot, it'll be hard to cap fling recharge I think, which means you might end up with non-capped fling and AS and then you're really limiting proc chances in PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    I just wanted to say that I think proc chances are too few with silverback, and with Rarm implant having shotgun NOT fling shot, it'll be hard to cap fling recharge I think, which means you might end up with non-capped fling and AS and then you're really limiting proc chances in PVP.
    Skill sim says a soli with maxed fling and 6 pieces of CSS will have about 1400 flingshot skill of the 1700 needed to cap, I guess that means 10s fling instead of 7s.
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)

Necroposters, Troller setup have additional perk dd. All big pvp engis removed silverback from their setups years ego, because AS was nerfed very hard and additional perk dd became a good option. More over, you don't need silverback for huge AS, I used tiger mk6 QL 300 for it. So if you want some awesome AS put ql 275 tiger mk6. I made a mistake when I put ql 300 bow, because I had to use bow items in my setup instead of HP items. Ql 275 bow is optimal for pvp and there is no big difference in AS between 275 and 300. (I had 11sec recharge with 1795 AS skill self and without towers)

PS: I use ql 275 bow on my crat, because crats have atrotious dd modifier and pistols don't give enough dmg in pvp.
    Last edited by Alceona; Apr 18th, 2015 at 16:55:52.
    Nemezyda PvP/DD/Solo PVM/tradeskill engineer.
    Nemezyda's Top Craft with low IP cost Guide.
    Nemezyda's Implants Assembling Guide
    Alceona Ordinary MP.
    Baldhead He has a shiny baldhead.
    Lucepher 220 Enfo
    Cyborgwizard 200 NT

Why would anyone use Tiger now that Silverback will be unlocked though? Silverback is easier to equip, includes a perk attack we can land, and requires the same amount of AS to cap. You can even use something like Xan of Greed or Perfected Diamondine Kick Pistol for PVM if you want.

Good to see you still here all these years later Nemez, still disagreeing with us all no matter what

I don't dissagree. And I'm glad they removed trader only rec from silverback. But I'm not going to reset myself in it, becouse I'm fed up with as only build
    Alceona Ordinary MP.
    Lucepher 220 Enfo
    Cyborgwizard 200 NT

Damn. They increased AS recharge on Troal'ler. So there are only two options left: silverback or onehander/AMEP. But the good news are, that we can swap silverback and AMEP/onehander.
    Last edited by Alceona; Apr 26th, 2015 at 18:13:31.
    Alceona Ordinary MP.
    Lucepher 220 Enfo
    Cyborgwizard 200 NT

I'll only say it once:

Setting up for 1 vs 1 PVP will gimp you badly for mass PVP.

The troa'ler setup is FAR better than any other setup in mass PVP. When OSb'd AS is 11s, with great multipliers, and PVT damage is very good, proc chance is good and Perk AR is reasonable.

Don't gimp yourself in 70% of gameplay to do have a marginal advantage in 30% of gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    I'll only say it once:

Setting up for 1 vs 1 PVP will gimp you badly for mass PVP.

The troa'ler setup is FAR better than any other setup in mass PVP. When OSb'd AS is 11s, with great multipliers, and PVT damage is very good, proc chance is good and Perk AR is reasonable.

Don't gimp yourself in 70% of gameplay to do have a marginal advantage in 30% of gameplay.
    Que?

Troa'ller is the worst mass PvP setup. By far.

Have you tried Silverback setup to compare? Or you just assume Troa'ler setup is better because you have theorycrafted and can't be arsed to reset? You don't think trading the maybes of Troaler setup - maybe AS will cap, maybe you can land perks, for the certainty of Silverback - AS will likely cap, Easy Shot will land, has value in mass PVP situations? Or the IP saved and spent on deflect? I've got some bad news for you.

Majority of players spend maybe 1% of time doing towers and don't care at all about PvT damage. And for players not running some multibox giving totally unrealistic Engineer attack rating and +damage figures Silverback is better in many if not most situations.

Ya, ok I might have a biased view. I guess I'm just attached to doing stuff where I want performance in a much broader spectrum.

There are a lot of very serious sacrifices you'd need to make to use 300 Silverback.

If you don't mind those sacrifices, then by all means it's a great weap.

What do you mean "sacrifice"? Silverback, Troa'ler and Tiger require same amount of AS skill to make 11sec recharge (1747). So we have to use same combination of AS implants and full set of ql 300 css or cc, like my crat in signature, no matter what AS weapon we chose.

Ps: I made my crat opi for better AS and evades.
    Last edited by Alceona; Apr 27th, 2015 at 21:03:20.
    Alceona Ordinary MP.
    Lucepher 220 Enfo
    Cyborgwizard 200 NT

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast