Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Patch failed

Summary up to now:
    - complete reinstall
    -> The checksum does not match.
    - adding in the clean 17.10 GUI
    - removing the original GUI folder, adding in the clean 17.10 GUI again.

Up to now, nothing fixes this issue, last straw now, i am looking for a virgin to sacrifice...
    We are dyslexia of Borg.
    Futility is resistant, your ass will be laminated.

CANT FC PUT THOSE STUPID FILES IN A FTP? seriously dude.....hoping for people to download entire file in one go is a big assumption for such a big company, make valid and easy alternatives to download patches!
    MyNameIsCani 220 Trox Solja
    Canibaal 215 Trox Enf
    Canifix 215 Trox Fix
    Pureevul 220 Trox Shade
    Canikeep 220 Trox Keeper
    Deathreturns 220 Solitus Doc
    Alphadawg 164 Opifex Fixer
    CanIKillYou 150 Solitus Adv
    Canistrikes 80 Nano Agent

TO update I have replaced GUI, redownloaded update without firewall on. Still nothing I would love to play this game sometime today

Would love if we could put the update in FTP format to download at the site... at the same time would be nice...

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadKnow View Post
    Error checksumming file Patches\V17-10-5_EP1-V18-0-0_EP1.RES! The Checksum does not match. If This particular problem persist, contact support@anarchy-online.com for help.

Same error here replaced GUI and getting same error on all three computers...

Quote Originally Posted by Shancrat View Post
    Error checksumming file Patches\V17-10-5_EP1-V18-0-0_EP1.RES! The Checksum does not match. If This particular promlem persist, contact support@anarchy-online.com for help.

downloaded 2 times, and same message over again...ok it only takes 5 minutes to download the patch, but i would love it if it actually patched ^^

Nvm solved after 5 th time download, cya in game
    Solved after 5th time? What did you change? I tried definitely more than 5 times by now but i always run into the same annoying error and the file is not on the ftp, for whichever reason...
    We are dyslexia of Borg.

Quote Originally Posted by zedy View Post
    Afaik you can simply make a copy of your pref file and save it on your desk top. Go and download the default GUI that Famine and Technogen have supplied a link for, and patch your game client. Once installed, re-install the dovvetech (or whatever skin) skin and copy your pref file back in. Wa-lah, your good to go.

--Steve
    Going to scream if this narfs my hotbars ...broken prefs on 20 hotbars FTL!
    -------------------

Kaze (RK1):
    Eltaco238 - 220/30/70 Adventurer -- Mptaco238 - 220/27/70 Meta-Physicist
    Engytaco238 - 220/30/70 Engineer -- Crattaco238 - 220/30/70 Bureaucrat

Leet Snuggle Club (RK1): ~Have you hugged a leet today?~
    Leetums - 200/0/0 Fixer -- Fuzzyleet 200/0/0 Agent - Rangytaco238 200/0/0 Trader

Leet Version plox!

Actually i didnt change anything, just closed down anything else i had running at the time. Firefox among other things. Problem i have now, is that i still cant patch...For some reason it said it wasnt the right file. I dunno what to think, but i dont wanna mess with it now. Got a life to.

So my first error is gone, but now i have another one. Got no clue what to do, but ill look into it tomorrow.

Bump for having ftp files on a server to download directly!

If for no other reason than direct FTP is faster than the annoyingly slow patch client downloader!

Had the checksum error 3 times so far, once at completion, twice at random %'s into the download!

To fix this problem http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=547778 check that post out... download RES file via FTP and move and replace currect file in Patch Dir. problem sloved at least for me

Great improvement. Now it reads "An unrecoverable error occured during patching. You might have to reinstall Anarchy Online to play."

After reinstalling twice and playing around a bit, the very same result, no change yet.

Very limited fun.
    We are dyslexia of Borg.

Quote Originally Posted by alegzander View Post
    tryed it like 10 times the patch .. same problem allways
    Even after putting up clean GUI, still getting this problem as well.
    Fastest Contact: Northadvncd "Agptaxi" Bankterminal
    Created: 2005-08-07 The AGP Cancelled: 2012-02-11
    AGPSHADOWMA2202568[P][E] AGPSHADOOMNT2142650[P][E]
    AGPECKOSOL1502049[P] AGPATLASDOC1502023[P]
    JURKENF150207[P][P2] JWRKENF270207 JUURKMP600614[P] HANZELSOL1001028[P]

Quote Originally Posted by Shancrat View Post
    Error checksumming file Patches\V17-10-5_EP1-V18-0-0_EP1.RES! The Checksum does not match. If This particular promlem persist, contact support@anarchy-online.com for help.

downloaded 2 times, and same message over again...ok it only takes 5 minutes to download the patch, but i would love it if it actually patched ^^

Nvm solved after 5 th time download, cya in game
    Got same error. Guess I'll keep trying.

Edit:
    Goliath Online
    Last edited by srompu; Feb 20th, 2009 at 01:22:52.

I tried what I posted before.. Swapped back GUI after patching.. It works... but a few problems:

1) No option for timers
    2) I want my timers

Everything else works fine.

Even pwnt LoX: Arid Rift in 1 run
    -------------------

Kaze (RK1):
    Eltaco238 - 220/30/70 Adventurer -- Mptaco238 - 220/27/70 Meta-Physicist
    Engytaco238 - 220/30/70 Engineer -- Crattaco238 - 220/30/70 Bureaucrat

Leet Snuggle Club (RK1): ~Have you hugged a leet today?~
    Leetums - 200/0/0 Fixer -- Fuzzyleet 200/0/0 Agent - Rangytaco238 200/0/0 Trader

Leet Version plox!

Quote Originally Posted by tacoleet View Post
    I tried what I posted before.. Swapped back GUI after patching.. It works... but a few problems:

1) No option for timers
    2) I want my timers

Everything else works fine.

Even pwnt LoX: Arid Rift in 1 run
    You're missing an option in the prefs file for the timers. You need to swap to a GUI that's been updated for 18.0.

Dovvetech has been.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

lol i soon give it up...
    i did all the abouve and it worked a bit, but now i got another error.....
    "patch failed old file.......setupf\gfxtweak.bin"
    any know how to fix this?

Edit. i fixed it with another copy from another computer
    Last edited by Quee; Feb 21st, 2009 at 17:59:03.
    Quee

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12