Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - February 20th, 2009

OMG I just realized!.... if we praise Means too much... they will send him to AoC!!!!

STOP THE PRAISING! STOP THE PRAISING!

uh... EVERYONE COMPLAIN AND WHINE! WHINE WHINE WHINE!

Just... don't email support, just do it with forum postings, we need to trick Funcom so we keep Means FOREVER!
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    Sil was still just a community manager back at the time LE was released. He was the one that covered that mass of new RK and SL instances though.

My bad, trouble with me is my memory is bad. I can't even remember the Game Designers before Sil, (I cant even remember his full name :P)
    There was only like 2 others that I can remember before sil anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Shonta View Post
    My bad, trouble with me is my memory is bad. I can't even remember the Game Designers before Sil, (I cant even remember his full name :P)
    Silirrion = Craig Morrison
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).

Quote Originally Posted by Shonta View Post
    All I can remember are Gaute, Sil and Means. Were there any more?

Quote Originally Posted by Dunsany View Post
    All I can remember are Gaute, Sil and Means. Were there any more?
    Cz, Znore (Morten Byom), dunno if there's moar.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubberyman View Post
    That's some fantastic news Means, feels good to know we're not gonna be forgotten.
    When you will be thinking about how to keep the power gap acceptable between us and sideds, maybe you could also start a wider brainstorming about how to rework neutrals place in the great scheme of things in AO.

Thanks for the awesome work on the booster, and be sure we neutrals are looking forward for what you will propose for us in the future ^^
    Could have thought of something myself, but besides all the posts I've made already on the subject and this post, there's little left to say
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    OMG I just realized!.... if we praise Means too much... they will send him to AoC!!!!

I'm pretty sure praise from the community isn't what got Sil sent to AoC...
    Because Race Yalm

Quote Originally Posted by Majoroutage_ View Post
    I'm pretty sure praise from the community isn't what got Sil sent to AoC...
    Referring to AO or AoC community???
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Referring to AO or AoC community???
    Both?
    Because Race Yalm

Thanks for all the nice new content. Apart from some Neretva missions I havent done a lot of the pvm stuff yet but its a lot of fun. I love the engy mines in the BS although the lockout is a bit too high imo to use this nice feature.

A while back you promised to look into the 'craphander', since then I have high hopes of a new onehander and keep looking forward to it. Dont keep us in the dark throw us a bone

Desp's onehander suggestion:
    SMG onehander for fixer only, can be taken apart and tradeskilled onto a peregrine mk6 (the thing has a scope after all) with pistol/fling/as. Possibly include a tradeskill (ME/WS?) as AR skill like the latest engineer pistol. No profession tag though so people still have the option to use it for lowbie twinks.

May work this idea out further if there really will be plans to make a new 1 handed AS gun.
    Meet me on RK1!
    Desperado34 Supreme Creator
    Enzaa Eternalist

my wtb thread my wts thread

Quote Originally Posted by desperado35 View Post
    apart from some neretva missions
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    Cz, Znore (Morten Byom), dunno if there's moar.
    CZ was the community guy. (Followed by Silirrion, then Famine)

GDs were:

Ragnar
    Gaute
    Znore
    Silirrion
    Means

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros View Post

GDs were:

Ragnar
    Gaute
    Znore
    Silirrion
    Means
    you're missing one... Marius. who was after The Guate, and before Znore.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

GDs were:

Ragnar
    Gaute
    Znore
    Silirrion
    Means
    Ragnar Tornquist was the writer of the AO Novel "Prophet without Honour" and had a hand in most of the storyline. He was a good storyteller, but I think the devs were not that good at delivering what he wanted to put out.

Now most of the other GD's pretty much spit stuff out before being 100% sure things were stable or working properly.

Silirrion was the best one because he tried his best, but Means... well, our current GD has raised the bar so far up, that I already feel sorry for ANYONE who MAY be considered to fill his shoes down the road (let's hope he stays forever!)

Bump on booster and bump on means actually seeing the issues in AO and he is trying to fix them. BUMP!!! (regarding neuts and come here nano)
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    On a personal note to the person who wrote me from prison. Best PM I have ever received. It is going on the wall of my office. To be clear: It is not the policy of my team to delete the characters of people who will be out of prison soon. (Please don't hurt us!)
    Quote Originally Posted by dododo2 View Post
    Grats to EvenTide

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    I had the same problem the other day, discussing who had done what expansions for AO.

Poor Marius

Dunno why the poor guy is forgotten so easily.

We have Gaute "No Camping in SL", Znore "Lazy Trox that likes Toilet TV" and Silirrion "The Caretaker...no wait, we got it wrong".
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    Was he? For some reason I was thinking Marius was Znore's RK4 name.

Was he? For some reason I was thinking Marius was Znore's RK4 name.
    Nay.

Znore is Morten Byom.

Marius is Marius Enge.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Obviously.

AO does have a history of being handed off to a new GD right around launch for each expansion/booster.

It'll be interesting seeing what happens when AO keeps the same GD through the "OMGZmustfixnow" patches as it had in beta testing this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by tacoleet View Post
    Pff who needs a cat

Hoverchair needs a leet that auto spawns with a /pet emote.. and don't forget evil laugh. And the emote where Dr. Evil sends his allies into the volcano :P.

I need leets with frikkin lazers on their heads!

Please... I want a albino Leet like Ownz to sit in my lap while I use the HoverChair!
    "All other things being equal, the simplest solution is the best."-Occam's razor

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU will pick up the flag and carry it forward. This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.
    AO will survive.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast